Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Would You Go For A National Canadian Meet
scoobasteve,Oct 29 2004, 10:25 AM Wrote:I bet ontario is gonna get 30 + votes. and 3 people will show up :ph34r:
:lol: I'll be one of em, see ya there steve ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Oct 29 2004, 02:20 PM Wrote:.... I highly recommend taking the US route
I don't go to the US anymore and probably won't for at least another 4years. If I have to go for work fine, I'm getting paid to go but I'll be damned if they get any of my tourist money. I used to go a couple times a year.

back to meets...

Of course the meet won't work we are too diverse. Some are M-F 9-5, some are shift workers, some are students with weekend jobs. We should just be happy that once a year about a dozen of us manage to have a Sunday BBQ for a couple hours.

Nothing against anyone one here but on the whole I find car all car meets, not just Focus ones, sort of boring? I can only take about an hour of it before I want to make a graceful departure.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Your not drinking enough FREE BEER at car shows then
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
2001 ZTS,Oct 29 2004, 03:17 PM Wrote:Nothing against anyone one here but on the whole I find car all car meets, not just Focus ones, sort of boring? I can only take about an hour of it before I want to make a graceful departure.
I'm with ya on that one... hence why it's sort of hard to dedicate a whole week to go to one not in the neighbourhood...

and then you do it in BC where I'd rather be biking... I love my ford focus, but not that much. :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

BrooksZX3,Oct 29 2004, 10:20 AM Wrote:i've done the drive several times.... I highly recommend taking the US route thru Chicago then head toward Montana... some pretty sweet stuff along (or near) the way... badlands, mountians, mount rushmore...  If you're going straight to vancouver then keep heading thru washington state.  If you have the time, you must go north into alberta and do the drive thru BC - it's totally awesome the whole way... sick!
Yes that is some awesome scenery, and it should be a lot cheaper seeing where the US dollar is now. I've done that trip twice, but over 5 days each way. Ten days of driving for a focus meet is a bit much though.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I will admit BC is beautiful to drive thru I should know, my dad & I brought back a classic Mustang From Kelowna to Toronto.

Personally I think it would be better the shedule something by region, mainly because of the long drives some people would be undertaking to cross the country just to meet up for a day ? I mean com'on, yeah it would be cool to meet people from all over not to mention the Foci, but realisticly it more or less would have to be by region. I'm sure you will all agree with me here in saying anyone would be welcomed to attened from anywhere in the country where ever the events might be taking place so long as they can make it out & afford the cost to under take that.

My suggestion would be to try to have it so that All meetings take place by regions at different times durring the summer Months in a huge park somewhere for a BBQ event that would inclued other things & last for a day or two, like a camp out event. I'd say start in the Western Canada, in Calgary AB or Regina SK in June. Then the central Canada meeting in July In or around Toronto ON since it's equal driving time anywhere in Ontario to get there, & then having the last meet taking place in August in Eastern Canada In either Fredricton NB, Charlettetown PEI, or Halifax NS. Agian having it so that anyone from anywhere in the this country or the from the U.S. would be welcomed to attend to the big meetings.

I have to admit the chapters idea is a good one but really, we are all part of the same board, & we all participate in here so really if we went by chapters it would kinda alienates us by region, when we are all equal in here, talking to each other without the whole distance factor being there. that's my 2 cents. :huh:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I'm in Ontario, but I choose Nova Scotia. Best overall province I've ever been in, and I've been in all but Newfie/Lab. Best roads, scenery, people, hospitality, camping, did I say roads and people. I can't take a map out of the glovebox without someone stopping their car (does not matter which way they were heading) and coming over to see if I need help getting to wherever I'm going.
If you don't think either you or your car would make it to either coast or any far distance, you may as well wear sweatpants all day, every day, because your life is pretty much over.

BrooksZX3: I hear ya about going to or from Montana. One of the nicest places in U.S. even though now there is a state speed limit :angry: . Unfortunately if you're not a WASP, ya's ain't very much welcome, ya hear!

Did I mention how nice Nova Scotia is? Can you say Cabot Trail counter-clockwise?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Oct 29 2004, 07:55 PM Wrote:I'm in Ontario, but I choose Nova Scotia. Best overall province I've ever been in, and I've been in all but Newfie/Lab. Best roads, scenery, people, hospitality, camping, did I say roads and people. I can't take a map out of the glovebox without someone stopping their car (does not matter which way they were heading) and coming over to see if I need help getting to wherever I'm going.
If you don't think either you or your car would make it to either coast or any far distance, you may as well wear sweatpants all day, every day, because your life is pretty much over.

BrooksZX3: I hear ya about going to or from Montana. One of the nicest places in U.S. even though now there is a state speed limit :angry: . Unfortunately if you're not a WASP, ya's ain't very much welcome, ya hear!

Did I mention how nice Nova Scotia is? Can you say Cabot Trail counter-clockwise?
CanadaSVT, I live in Nova Scotia ( Cape Breton actually) I live about 5 min from the Cabot trail.
I know its completely out of way, but it would so cool to have it on the cabot trail (Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia).

Voted most beautiful place in the world.

Second best tourist destination in the world.

LOOK!
As I said before I'd hit going for a meet in NS. Doing the Cabot Trail sounds better than loafing in a parking lot.

We should get enough Focus together to enter as a class at next years Newfoundland Targa too.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
There is tons of hotels/motels/B&B's/Resorts/Parks etc along the cabot trail that people could stay plus theres sydney ( biggest city on the island) which is only 2 hours from the Cabot Trail. If you take your time you can do the trail in two days.

If anybody has any questions ( Driving time,places to stay, how to get here, how long it would take to get here, prices, etc) just ask.

Like I said before I live about 5 min away from the start of the trail.
Frost__2001,Oct 29 2004, 06:53 PM Wrote:I will admit BC is beautiful to drive thru I should know, my dad & I brought back a classic Mustang From Kelowna to Toronto.

Personally I think it would be better the shedule something by region, mainly because of the long drives some people would be undertaking to cross the country just to meet up for a day ? I mean com'on, yeah it would be cool to meet people from all over not to mention the Foci, but realisticly it more or less would have to be by region. I'm sure you will all agree with me here in saying anyone would be welcomed to attened from anywhere in the country where ever the events might be taking place so long as they can make it out & afford the cost to under take that.

My suggestion would be to try to have it so that All meetings take place by regions at different times durring the summer Months in a huge park somewhere for a BBQ event that would inclued other things & last for a day or two, like a camp out event. I'd say start in the Western Canada, in Calgary AB or Regina SK in June. Then the central Canada meeting in July In or around Toronto ON since it's equal driving time anywhere in Ontario to get there, & then having the last meet taking place in August in Eastern Canada In either Fredricton NB, Charlettetown PEI, or Halifax NS. Agian having it so that anyone from anywhere in the this country or the from the U.S. would be welcomed to attend to the big meetings.

I have to admit the chapters idea is a good one but really, we are all part of the same board, & we all participate in here so really if we went by chapters it would kinda alienates us by region, when we are all equal in here, talking to each other without the whole distance factor being there. that's my 2 cents. :huh:
LOL, Is there anybody else on here,other than me, that lives east of ontario?
all this talk about a location area and it has already been chosen.
it will be in and around the Calgary area, or atleast for this meet.

unless this is for another event?

all the guys on Cfoc are putting in a lot of work to get the location hammered out and some are even recruiting new more sponsors for the event to offer more giveaways!

once the final location is chosen then we will have to pick the date!
im all about alberta or bc, for a meet.
'03 Focus SVT
Frost__2001,Oct 29 2004, 06:53 PM Wrote:.... Then the central Canada meeting in July In or around Toronto ON since it's equal driving time anywhere in Ontario to get there,.....
Toronto to Quebec border =~ 4 hours
Toronto to Manitoba border =~ 19 hours

:P

ZX3TUNING,Oct 31 2004, 02:17 PM Wrote:all this talk about a location area and it has already been chosen.
it will be in and around the Calgary area, or atleast for this meet.

unless this is for another event?

all the guys on Cfoc are putting in a lot of work to get the location hammered out and some are even recruiting new more sponsors for the event to offer more giveaways!

once the final location is chosen then we will have to pick the date!
Whos bright idea was it to put it in Calgary?? :rolleyes:

Greeeeeeeeeeaat, all of the West gets a meet and the east doesnt.

I say the East gets one going ourselves and see who has more fun. :P

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
He said CFOC So I assume it's the Calgary Focus Owners Club organizing a CRAZY huge meet already.

it's just too far for most people to go from the East.

I'd rather go to Focalexplosion of whatever that was.

Either way, I voted Ontario, I don't have a Focus, and unless some key people that I deam cool aren't going..I wouldn't either. ;)
Flofocus,Nov 1 2004, 10:46 AM Wrote:Whos bright idea was it to put it in Calgary?? :rolleyes:
Probably the people who are sponsoring and organizing it? :P

Quote:Greeeeeeeeeeaat, all of the West gets a meet and the east doesnt.

I say the East gets one going ourselves and see who has more fun.  :P

Nobody said the eastern provinces cant organize another big meet..
Jays2000ZX3,Nov 1 2004, 05:04 PM Wrote:Either way, I voted Ontario, I don't have a Focus, and unless some key people that I deam cool aren't going..I wouldn't either. ;)
so what you're saying is that if I went, you wouldn't even show up to make fun of me?

so much for support from the community :P

Flofocus,Nov 1 2004, 04:46 PM Wrote:Whos bright idea was it to put it in Calgary?? :rolleyes:

Greeeeeeeeeeaat, all of the West gets a meet and the east doesnt.

I say the East gets one going ourselves and see who has more fun.  :P
mine

how many times has the east had huge meets and the guys in the west get left high and dry?

how many of the western guys would show up to a meet around toronto? :rolleyes:

it's logistics man.
as the main sponsors for this event are in the west, it only makes sence to have it in the west. would you expect McNews or CFM to sponsor and event in SoCal or FS to sponsor an eveny in NYC? :blink: :blink:

and i think steeda.ca was planning on having an eastern meet/tour anyways.

BTW, we are having a big prize for the longest distance travelled!
oh and we are also going to have a 240fwhp NA Cosworth powered 2.3L Focus to come up from NorCal. :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian National Pictures Canadian ST 3 1,553 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Canadian ST
  Biggest Canadian Focus Meet Ever ZX3TUNR 56 13,245 02-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Last Post: BerinG