Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL: Chara's hit on Pacioretty
I think Chara's hit was way more spur of the moment then Lapierre's hit from behind on Nichol.
As for being delusional, I can't see how the Leafs can make the playoffs. Right now they're
playing .650 hockey. If they keep that pace up they'll have a 11% chance. The Habs would
have to go 0-11-2 to drop to that level. Habs will make the playoffs and last until they face
a team that's physically tough.

Leafs are still paying for JFJ. (Just ask Darcy Tucker, he's due $1 million for the next two-three years.)
They got rid of Beauchemin, Versteeg, Kaberle, and will be dropping Giggy. Burke has really studied
other leagues and sports on how to deal in a salary-cap world. They have $17, maybe more if they
drop Bozak. Cap room rules.

Go Habs go. Lol
(03-15-2011, 07:50 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Go Habs go.

Seriously.

At least you can enjoy some playoff hockey.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I enjoy playoff hockey (even if my team never makes it Tongue)
(03-14-2011, 05:31 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 04:01 AM)Mystake Wrote: You must be a Sens fan.

Fawk no.

Blue, Blanc et Rouge Tabernak.
Big Grin

Must be a habs fan, can't even spell.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Tabernak is the English slang way of saying tabarnak.
First of all, it's tabarnac Tongue
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
I called it. The homo Habs fans are protesting. Burning NHL flags etc. Pure class.
I'm of the mind that it was malicious with unintended consequences, and quite dirty. If anyone knew where the bullard was, it's Chara. He can see everything from his vantage point.

And anyone that knows me knows I'm no Habicants fan. I'd say the same if Max played for the Blue Jackets (my least-fave team in the NHL).

Chara got shoved. Boohoo. That "payback" was overkill and likely cost the kid his career, whatever it may have been in the end.

Hockey might be a contact spot, but you don't have free license to maim your opponents in that fashion.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Look, injuries are going to happen. It's the nature, speed, and roughness of the game. it's what makes it the toughest sport around.
Banning head shots is easier said than done. Penalizing players for them is the easy part.

I've absolutely crushed guys in my time (and been crushed myself.) 9 times out of 10 a player doesn't mean to knock the guys block off, it just happens. Just like broken feet blocking shots. Do you think the guy who took the shot that ended Armstrongs year meant to break his foot?

The irony of the whole thing is it's the Habs fans protesting. The dirtiest pieces of s**t in the league. LOL
Let's see what Kadri can do now that he's got another opportunity. Hopefully he's better this time around.

Sucks for Armstrong, but I re-iterate what I said earlier in regards to Chara; injuries happen but it's never been about intent. Penalties aren't given based on intent, they're given based on results.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(03-11-2011, 08:51 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Anyone else think this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion?

I didn't think the hit was intentional... other than the interference, but a lot of folks, including Air Canada seem to be taking it a bit more seriously.

what are your thoughts?

might want to say if you're a canadiens fan or not... Tongue

I agree with ya. Too many slowmo vids and still pics not showing how fast it happened.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
(03-17-2011, 02:04 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Look, injuries are going to happen. It's the nature, speed, and roughness of the game. it's what makes it the toughest sport around.
Banning head shots is easier said than done. Penalizing players for them is the easy part.

I've absolutely crushed guys in my time (and been crushed myself.) 9 times out of 10 a player doesn't mean to knock the guys block off, it just happens. Just like broken feet blocking shots. Do you think the guy who took the shot that ended Armstrongs year meant to break his foot?

The irony of the whole thing is it's the Habs fans protesting. The dirtiest pieces of s**t in the league. LOL

Yeah, and Ive done it also. I've also done some stuff in hockey that Im not proud of. You know I retaliated for some stupid s**t. Anyone thats says other wise is full of s**t.

As for Habs fans being the dirtiest pieces of s**t, well you are just jealous we get to watch our team participate in the playoffs, that is very clear.

Let's hear your tune when someone drops dead to this type of hit, you'll be crying foul just like the habs fans.

Blocked shots are apples and oranges, bud. The defender either willingly blocks it or does his team an unintentional service. The shooter might really let loose knowing he really wants that puck to go to the net. Max didn't really want to take on the end of the glass, but when someone clearly forces your face into it (and he was pulling past Chara at that point), you're f**ked.

I scrapped plenty too, back in the day. Dirty hits almost cost me a knee once. Actually, they cost me ACL damage in both knees. Max is just lucky this didn't cost him his life.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(03-17-2011, 08:36 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: Blocked shots are apples and oranges, bud.

Who's talking about blocked shots>?

(03-17-2011, 11:23 PM)Flofocus Wrote:
(03-17-2011, 08:36 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: Blocked shots are apples and oranges, bud.

Who's talking about blocked shots>?

Anthony did, a couple of posts earlier.

ah yeah...you cant compare blocked shots to dirty hits. Thats for sure.

Stirring The Pot
Recchi suggests Canadiens embellished Pacioretty injury
TSN.ca Staff - 3/23/2011 7:16:11 PM
Any thought that there would be no further controversy going into Thursday's matchup between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens went out the window on Wednesday with Bruins forward Mark Recchi's appearance on a Boston radio station.
Speaking to 98.5 Sport Hub in Boston, Recchi questioned the severity of Max Pacioretty's injury and the Canadiens' intentions towards defenceman Zdeno Chara.
"I believe they were trying to get Zdeno suspended and they embellished (Pacioretty's concussion) a little bit," Rechi told said on the radio station.
Recchi went on to say that based on a tweet from Pacioretty's Twitter account that referenced going to the movies, his concussion could not have been as severe as indicated.
For their part, the rest of the Bruins speaking after practice on Wednesday had a much different tune.
Chara, who has not yet spoken with Pacioretty, was happy to hear about the improvements in the Montreal forward's condition.
"Obviously I'm glad that he's doing much better and that's he's going to be probably playing, based on reports," Chara told reporters. "I'm glad that he's going to be fine and that's good news."
The six-foot-nine defenceman also indicated that he knows he can't convince the Canadiens or their fans that the outcome of the hit was not his intention.
 "It's one of those things that they probably believe something and it's hard to explain that it just happened," said Chara. "It was a really bad accident unfortunately, I don't think even in rivalries anyone is trying to hurt anybody. I can't control what they talk about or what they say about me, I just try to focus on my game. "
Bruins defenceman Andrew Ference understands the fans of the Canadiens are going to react in support of their club, no matter the situation.
"It's going to happen in a hockey environment like that," said Ference. "If something happens to your home team, people are going to be emotional and that's the nature of sports.  That's life and that's part of what you sign up for when you play sports."
Forward Milan Lucic furthered that sentiment.
"We don't play this game to hurt people, it's good to see that he'll be back to playing the game he loves," added Lucic.
The Bruins and Canadiens will conclude their season series on Thursday and you can watch the game live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt.

Bwahahaha.
Yep, definitely going to be watching this one!
But honestly, which Hab player can even take on Chara lol.. All he's gotta do is flick the gnomes away!
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Concussions prevent you going to the movies? Rechhi is an idiot.