Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poly engine bushings?
hey guys, i'm going to have to change my timing belt soon, so while i'm at it I figure since one of the mounts have to come off..with my car at 170k replace and upgrade.

What I'm asking.. is it more worth it to order fswerks bushing and mounts for all three points or should I get new oem mounts and insert poly bushings?

I have a 2000 zx3
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(01-14-2013, 02:46 PM)jtdanks Wrote: hey guys, i'm going to have to change my timing belt soon, so while i'm at it I figure since one of the mounts have to come off..with my car at 170k replace and upgrade.

What I'm asking.. is it more worth it to order fswerks bushing and mounts for all three points or should I get new oem mounts and insert poly bushings?

I have a 2000 zx3

insert poly bushings into your existing mounts. if the metal isn t broken no need to replace the whole thing.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
which would you recommend?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

I have the vf passenger ,and driverside mounts , and a cfm lower mount and its a huge improvement over stock it drives like a tank. Just the vibartions take alittle to get used to.
did you just buy the inserts off fswerks and insert them? or where did you get the vf ones?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

No i had a broken passenger side mount so i just did all the mounts. I got them all at central florida motorsports (cfm) . Imo i would just do the mounts instead of just inserts.
I just can't justify spending nearly 400$ when my mounts are fine
red 00' zx3 daily driven

Well getting the lower mount is well worth it. And if your going to take it to the track alot the stock mounts wont like the stress
yeah I guess I'm in a pickle with money and performance....anyone else hate that? Tongue
red 00' zx3 daily driven

Try being a being a broke ass student lol. I have to work two jobs in the summer to pay for all the race car goodies lol.
I'm just a broke ass trying to get the race car goodies. laid off for the winter hah
red 00' zx3 daily driven

For some added perf. as stated just buy the $15 rear mount inserts and your golden. Best bang for buck right there.
with the passenger having to come off to do timing belt/water pump should I not replace that aswell? (I do know that replacing the 2 without the third will cause undo stress for them all)
red 00' zx3 daily driven

if you can handle the vibration in the car as a DD driver then get all three mounts. if you daily the car and dont want your brains rattled out your ears then just replace passenger and driver with factory mounts and get the massive or vf dog bone inserts
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
It is a fluid filled mount. if it is still fine, filled up with fluid. dont fix if it aint broke. Unless you have cash to burn. The work efford to change the mount for me is about as much as changing a tire on the car. I wouldn't get too worked up about it unless your paying someone to do the labour its something you can swap in easily should you do need to repalce it next year. Do the rear dogbone, you'll enjoy that and wont' break the bank...

Just make sure you replace the tensioner and idler pullies along with the belt and pump.
Women love the vibrations from new mounts lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stock arms with poly or cfm tubular arms with poly zx3wantobesvt 16 8,277 07-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Last Post: pogo
  Poly Bushings hardk0re 14 6,957 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  Poly Engine Mounts bigman 9 2,492 09-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Focus Is Art