Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx3 Cd Player In E150 Van...?
Can i pull the Stock AM/FM unit outa my Work van And Put my CD player from my FOFO in... ANd Will it work?
Depends I think on the MY of the Focus and the E150 (though from what little I know of the E150, that thing probably has a rather basic wiring harness on it, probably only has to drive two speakers fer instance :huh:)

NefCanuck
I tried this with my E150 work truck when i used to have it and the wiring harness in the E150 was different than the plug in the back of fofo radio. I did have an idea to try and make a cheater harness that would plug into the E150 harness on one side and the fofo radio on the other. Never did get around to it tho
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I fit the focus deck into a 98 windstar, worked fine, I just got one of those adapter harnesses for the windstar and soldered it right to the back of the deck to the pins. Worked fine.
I should mention depending on what Focus you own you might not be able to fit the radio into the Focus dash as the 00 - 04 is curved, and the raido will be more or less busting out at the seems. and the 2008+ radio is intergraded into the dash a la civic.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i successfully put both types of focus radios in an explorer sport and vice a versa.. fit was perfect, but wiring was just required to be changed.
My other ride is your Mom