Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gratuitous Ford Gt Pics
isn't it using the same motor as the ford pickup trucks?
naz,May 7 2008, 09:17 PM Wrote:isn't it using the same motor as the ford pickup trucks?
[right][snapback]263822[/snapback][/right]

Kinda - sorta - but not really.

The Ford GT version of the 5.4 L is a highly-specialized version of the Modular engine. It is an all-aluminum, dry-sump 5.4 L 4-valve DOHC with a Lysholm screw-type supercharger and showcases numerous technological features, such as dual fuel injectors per cylinder and oil squirters for the piston skirts, not found in other Ford Modular engines. It is rated at 550 hp (410 kW) and 500 ft·lbf (678 N·m), though independent tests conducted on chassis dynamometers have shown these numbers to be conservative, with as delivered Ford GTs often producing nearly 550 hp (410 kW) at the rear wheels.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
The Ford GT is a nice track (trophy) car, but not much else...

Maybe I'm just too darn practical for my own good, but here I am thinking "Damn, even a Mustang GT KR500 is more practical than that thing" :huh:

NefCanuck
but you don't buy a GT for practicality -- you buy it for the experience.

it's like buying a convertible -- they're definitely not practical, but I gotta tell ya -- it's a fun drive every time -- regardless of it's a mustang, a miata, or a sebring....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 8 2008, 09:15 AM Wrote:but you don't buy a GT for practicality -- you buy it for the experience.

it's like buying a convertible -- they're definitely not practical, but I gotta tell ya -- it's a fun drive every time -- regardless of it's a mustang, a miata, or a sebring....
[right][snapback]263862[/snapback][/right]

I know, but when you're spending as much on a car than I did buying my condo and can't even carry a set of golf clubs in it, NVM a few bags of groceries :huh:

Today's 'verts aren't the nasty compromises that they were in years past though either... You just have to remember that what's covering your head is fabric not metal/glass and its all good :P

NefCanuck
Ive seen a few evo X's on the street and the dealership at dufferin and eglinton has 2 for sale a friend of a friend bought one and took me for a rip in stock form its a serious machine STI eater as for the ford GT hate it or love it its a "drivers car"
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Ford GT... i dunno if i would buy one.. i'd rather buy a Jag XKR... buy thats just me i just dont like th elook of that thing
Professional Certified Nut Case...
NefCanuck,May 8 2008, 10:01 AM Wrote:The Ford GT is a nice track (trophy) car, but not much else...

Maybe I'm just too darn practical for my own good, but here I am thinking "Damn, even a Mustang GT KR500 is more practical than that thing" :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]263858[/snapback][/right]
If you can afford to buy a GT, usually, you can afford to buy something more practical as well.Or maybe they throw in a Focus too? B)
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ZX3_2NV,May 8 2008, 10:27 AM Wrote:Ive seen a few evo X's on the street and the dealership at dufferin and eglinton has 2 for sale a friend of a friend bought one and took me for a rip in stock form its a serious machine STI eater as for the ford GT hate it or love it its a "drivers car"
[right][snapback]263868[/snapback][/right]

STi eater?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,May 12 2008, 10:12 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,May 8 2008, 10:27 AM Wrote:Ive seen a few evo X's on the street and the dealership at dufferin and eglinton has 2 for sale a friend of a friend bought one and took me for a rip in stock form its a serious machine STI eater as for the ford GT hate it or love it its a "drivers car"
[right][snapback]263868[/snapback][/right]

STi eater?
[right][snapback]264132[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, they're largely neck and neck stock for stock. It all depends on the driver and if it's a "base" Evo X with the 5-speed stick, my money's on the STi.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
EVO 9 still the best, X is way too big and bulky
Be the change you want to see in this world.
see alot of those X's around Markha......but then i see STi's every 5 mins too
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Saw 2x EVO's in Hamilton not too long ago...they had a Silver one, and a Graphite one...both weren't the base models...they were one of the performance ones with the extra air ducts and scoops and such. They both looked like they meant ALL business...so to speak...

Best GT I've looked at in the flesh was a Pitchblack on black one with NO stripes...it looked absolutely bad ass.

I would buy a GT over a Lambo or Ferrari, as it costs upto 1/3 less than them to purchase, and they are actually LESS common to see on the road (in areas like Ottawa or Toronto).
Bleeding Ford Blue again...