Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Powerful Image.
CanadaSVT,Feb 9 2007, 09:55 PM Wrote:
torradan,Feb 9 2007, 06:52 PM Wrote:Too young to be her father.  He's around 26 years old.  The hash mark gives it away.
How quickly can a Marine become a Sergeant?
[right][snapback]226323[/snapback][/right]

Not very. Marine advancement is the slowest of the five services. I'm guessing 5-6 years? I'll call my dad tomorrow and ask him. After 3 years in the Marines, he was retired as a Lance Corporal (private, private 1st class, lance corporal).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
All I'll say about the picture is that he did make it back, not everyone in war does :(

NefCanuck
blah blah blah im drunk and i havent read any of the posts except that people are ragging on Steeda for poking fun at the boob starring.... I gotta say this photo evokes no emotion in me what-so-ever.... Fighting and burning in a useless war is your own goddam fault. Nuff said
I Vtec
the guy also must love hearing people say "wow that really must suck, all because of a pointless war..."

Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
And he is looking at her boobs.... he's probably thinking... wish i hadda had more of those during the pointless war.
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
I guess the image did it's job.

I agree with this
Quote:another point could be that they had a very happy relationship before he left, and now that he is back and in his current situation due to his country, his wife is no longer pleased at their relationship, possibly due to his looks now.

- A it triggered a vast variety of feelings in us,

- B it made for good discussion.

What are my views on it? I think this image is powerful in the ways that you have a person who should be beaming with pride. A decorated soldier, a beautiful wife etc... but the tragedyies of war have left him and his wife scarred for life. How can he be proud?

Like sparky said, there are a million ways to take this image. If I was in suppport of the war, I think my views would be different.
Ya I didnt mean to sound like a dick (and yes I am still drunk) but war stuff just irks me... Like the new exhibit at the war museum for the Afghan War ----> How can you have an exhibit at a museum for a war that is still in progress???? Sounds like propaganda to me (Im not sure in which direction the propaganda is pushing as I havent seen the exhibit)
I Vtec
lordkingod,Feb 10 2007, 08:03 AM Wrote:Sounds like propaganda to me (Im not sure in which direction the propaganda is pushing as I havent seen the exhibit)
[right][snapback]226374[/snapback][/right]
Since you haven't seen it, that's sort've putting the cart before the horse.

I cannot see the difference between inducting Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux immediately into the Hockey Hall of Fame and having an Afghan War exhibit even though the war isn't over. It is a war Canada is involved in, and anything that gives tribute to those soldiers fighting in it is in my opinion a good thing.

Hate the war, love the soldier.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Amen Brothah!
I'll say thisn though about the photo, All I see is a broken man forver changed by the horror he endured while fighting it, even thought it is truely pointless, happy to be home with the woman he loved before leaving. and in Her case I see her happy to be married to the man she loves, but horrafied by the fact of what he endured.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
SliverSteeda,Feb 9 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:
focusracer,Feb 9 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:I wonder if this is an actual wedding portrait or if it's just a photo shoot. If it is a wedding portrait, wonder how the marriage is... she doesn't look overly happy.

BTW ^^^ Jesus man WTF
[right][snapback]226280[/snapback][/right]

aH, for all you judgemental high and mighty Kings of honur...

12 years ago, My friend in high School didn't have to go to war to get that face. he tried to take his own life with a shootgun and took 90% of his facial tissue off! leaving him looking like exactly like the guy in the picture.

So all you hypocrytical people saying "whats Wrong with ME!"

Wtf is wrong with you... the thing he hated the most AFTER the 3 month INDUCED COMA and 12 surgeries , was the was people judged him and always seen a MONSTER, freak, handicap or some sort of side show instead of a Regular person....

So before you crap on me For Making my comment as if it was a REGULAR person in the picture...Remember it is a regular person in the picture....

BTW 5 years ago, My friend hung himself in his parents house for his mother and baby sister to find him, with a note saying he couldn't handle the looks and judging faces of all the people who couldn't quite get that he was still a regular person . so i find the picture patronizing in the first place.

In case your wondering whats wrong with me.
[right][snapback]226314[/snapback][/right]

First off Steeda, sorry to hear of your friend, a loss, especially in that way is very hard. A good friend ran a hose from tailpipe to his interior when he found out his cancer had come back a fourth time.

Now, for what I truly want to say.

YOU want to call ME judgemental and a high and mighty King of honor. f*** that s***. I'd like to meet you right now so I could bitch slap the s*** out of you for saying that to me. HOW f***ING DARE YOU!!!!

I am the only godamned f***ing person who stood beside MY f***ing friend who was burned beyond recognition 4 yrs ago in a house fire. His girl dumped him, his parents had a hard time with it, his brother still to this day doesn't rezlly want him to come around because it scares his kids. Do you know how f***in hard it is to change bandages for your buddy because he doesn't have any godammed fingers left becuase they burned off YOU f***!!!

GO f*** YOURSELF YOU f***IN COCKSUCKING PIECE OF s***!!!

Hypocrytical - Once again - Go f*** yourself.

I'm sorry I feel a little f***in sorry for the poor bastard whether it's her husband, father, brother, best friend who's standing in the wedding for her, whatever it may be. Sorry I have a little compassion for him. I'd like to see how you'd react to being scarred like that, you'd probably sniffle and give up, well he hasn't, and my hat is off to him and I would proudly shake his scarred hand anytime and salute him. In fact, it would be an honor to do so. Even though I really disagree with Bush little war.

No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
guess maybe you shouldn't judge first then... maybe you wouldn't be so mad....hmmmm ....

Just a observation....

And you maybe the only person that stood beside your friend... but try explaining to my frinds mother and baby sister, what a suicide note means....

Or be in a recovery room after your friend wakes up after 3months in a induced coma...

then having his sister ask you to make sure he doesn't try it again...

But nice swearing.... it really adds that touch of flare that my posts are missing.... really drives the point home i find....

ya i feel bad for him... at least he's alive...
Judge?

Maybe you should watch what you say to people. You want to call me judgemental and hypocritical, obviously , no pun intended, but you don't know me.

I never judged you one bit until you decided to call me judgemental and hypocritical, that's when I went into asshole mode, apparentley you know that mode pretty damn good. Oh wait, not really, just piece of s*** mode.

On another note, since I am in asshole mode, I've known 3 people in my life who've comitted suicide, only one I had any respect for afterwards because he knew it was only a few weeks until he was dead from cancer and what's the point suffering. The others, they were just f***in weak. Yeah, that's what I said. Anyone who doesn't have the nuts to keep going in life because something went sideways and kills themselves, cowards. I haven't exactly been dealt an easy with my life, a lot of s*** has happened to me over the years and never once have I ever even thought of contemplating suicide. Just because I'm hurting or depressed or whatever doesn't mean I should traumatize my family, friends, emergency workers who attend the scene and restoration/clean up crews who tend to the scene. Suck it up, get some help, talk to someone, whatever it takes.

So now you can call me judgemental if you really want to since apparantley that's what I'm being. Just like you're a f***in piece of s*** cock sucker and I sincerely hope to meet you someday so I can say that to your face.

Oh by the way, Bite me cupcake.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Ok, enuff with the name calling and threats. I see more of this, your both banned.

Capiche?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]