Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Cell Phone Should I Buy
paolo,Sep 22 2006, 05:45 PM Wrote:As for Crazyrich,

If you like your number and your current Price Plan, STAY with Telus. No point in leaving them.    As for L.G.  They make terrible phones, just like pigeon1, I usually service 50 LG Phones per week.  They are becoming the next Siemens.  They lose signal quite frequently, I see lots of manufacturing problems with the hardware too,  And this is not just the GSM variants, I see this with the CDMA models too.    I've heard good things about the Telus Razr V3C, the Nokia 6265i.

Hope This Helps.
[right][snapback]208148[/snapback][/right]

I do find the LG drops alot of calls..... even when I have bars of signal... Pisses me off sometimes..

The RAZR looks cool but I've used one and it just seems awkward to talk on... and it doesn't even have an alarm clock or calander or games (not that I play games)

[Image: motorola_razr_v3c_handset_open_lg.gif]

2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
I'm liking this: Sony Ericsson W810i

[Image: sony_ericsson_w810i_130x251.gif] [Image: sony_ericsson_w810i_350x480.gif]

But I don't want to switch to rogers and I don't know how good the Sony phone is... According to reviews the Mp3 player is awesome

I had a Sony when I was on Fido; the screen was overly sensitive (mine and another friend's broke) and the software/GUI is finicky. I'd stay away from Sony too... LG imo has the best offerings, after all the fixes are applied of course :lol:

BUT don't get me totally wrong, I still love my current 6265i (the big screen seems very strong, and durability from my older Nokia's is why I went back with a Nokia... the screen is so crisp i've got a gig of memory and can take around 2000 photos at 2mp with that card. A corded headset from wally mart helps the clarity, on both ends of the conversation. I've gotta keep in mind when complaining, it's just a cell phone, and while cell phones should be more flawless, they are running on wireless signals that really suck at offering any sort of consistency to the clarity, depending on interference from buildings, electrical towers, basically everything! Don't go by reviews, talk to owners of the phones your interested in, that's the only way to choose a good one imo.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Yeah I hear what your saying, I understand the way wireless works for signal quality, but the talking in a tunnel thing that i've known nokia's for is what i don't want..... as for the screen on your Sony... how did it break.. the lens, or the internal display??? and hopefully any company should have bettered the software

Crazirich,Sep 23 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:Yeah I hear what your saying, I understand the way wireless works for signal quality, but the talking in a tunnel thing that i've known nokia's for is what i don't want.....  as for the screen on your Sony... how did it break.. the lens, or the internal display???  and hopefully any company should have bettered the software
[right][snapback]208187[/snapback][/right]

Internal displays on both. And the phones would need to be reset in order to operate properly at times.
'14 Escape 2.0t
I got a RAZR v3i, and its got 3 months use now...

Its a fabulous phone and has never been out of service yet!! The quality of the phone is stellar, the features are loaded up to the brim...

It does everything that you need a phone to do and more! I thought it would be hard to hold, especially with big hands,,but nope..its super comfortable!

The other phone I've seen and liked that my bud has is that samsung slider phone..the new one!!

dont get me wrong crazyrich, but the sonyericsson W810i chopz converter is no way comparible to any of the sony's fido has previously sold.. The W810i CC is pure PRO Ive never heard one complaint about it yet.. Its a Rogers phone but lots of people at fido use it too.
My other ride is your Mom
Yup... never had a problem with my w810i and i got it right when it came out.

its an awesome phone.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Crazirich,Sep 23 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:

If you like your number and your current Price Plan, STAY with Telus. No point in leaving them.    As for L.G.  They make terrible phones, just like pigeon1, I usually service 50 LG Phones per week.  They are becoming the next Siemens.  They lose signal quite frequently, I see lots of manufacturing problems with the hardware too,  And this is not just the GSM variants, I see this with the CDMA models too.    I've heard good things about the Telus Razr V3C, the Nokia 6265i.

Hope This Helps.

I do find the LG drops alot of calls..... even when I have bars of signal... Pisses me off sometimes..

The RAZR looks cool but I've used one and it just seems awkward to talk on... and it doesn't even have an alarm clock or calander or games (not that I play games)

[right][snapback]208182[/snapback][/right]

I have the pink razr, had it for about 5 months, so far so good- and there is an alarm clock, calendar, and game- yes, game. bejeweled to be specific :) but after all is said and done, half the features on a cell phone are pretty much not-needed...
I vote razr :)
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
jen_deans,Sep 25 2006, 09:01 AM Wrote:
Crazirich,Sep 23 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:

Hope This Helps.

[right][snapback]208182[/snapback][/right]

I have the pink razr, had it for about 5 months, so far so good- and there is an alarm clock, calendar, and game- yes, game. bejeweled to be specific :) but after all is said and done, half the features on a cell phone are pretty much not-needed...
I vote razr :)
[right][snapback]208374[/snapback][/right]

I gots me da blk razr. 2 thumbs up!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Too many Razr's... run! :o It's turning into Civic nation like fanfare! :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
euro_zx5,Sep 25 2006, 10:30 AM Wrote:Too many Razr's... run! :o It's turning into Civic nation like fanfare! :lol:
[right][snapback]208386[/snapback][/right]

I like the way the Razr looks, but I have my doubts that it would last a full three years in my ham hands (dropitis) it looks too thin to take any sort of rough & tumble stuff.

NefCanuck
So everyone likes the RAZR eh?... I don't mind it.. but as I was saying I think I want a non-flip... and so I was thinking the SLVR. Thats sounds good... and I really like the Sony one more and more. It seems to have all I want. BUT I want to stay with Telus... So this means I would need an unlocked phone right?? How do I go about this? And can Telus do it?

Unlocking phones.... how do you do it? And who supports that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question For The Cell Phone Guru's ? dlb 9 3,344 12-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Last Post: paolo
  Need a new cell phone -- confusion. torradan 12 5,846 10-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  When Does That New Cell Phone Law Take Effect? 2001 ZTS 30 11,267 04-24-2009, 04:26 AM
  Cell Phone Possible Cause Of Accident In Toronto.. darkpuppet 17 6,894 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM
  Cell Phone Question dlb 3 1,964 01-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Last Post: dlb
  Cheaper Cell Phone Plans In The Future? D-Dub 9 3,275 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Cell Phone Help Asap! bluetoy 11 3,310 10-29-2006, 01:33 PM
  Cell Phone Question BerinG 22 8,506 08-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Last Post: darkpuppet
  Bell Mobility Cell Phone Issues? microbunny 2 1,673 07-12-2006, 04:16 PM
  Cell Phone Geeks Help! Euro Ford Fan 6 3,549 05-16-2006, 12:25 AM