Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Engine Is In...
tdot-zx3,Jul 16 2006, 05: Wrote:Build a honda instead... ;)
Im looking for another shell soon...
[right][snapback]197804[/snapback][/right]
Seems like all the Honda's are getting stolen. I read today that 21 Civics had been stolen in Toronto in the last 7 days.
It's a little off topic but I had to put this useless information somewhere. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jul 16 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:Seems like all the Honda's are getting stolen.  I read today that 21 Civics had been stolen in Toronto in the last 7 days.
It's a little off topic but I had to put this useless information somewhere. :D
[right][snapback]197805[/snapback][/right]
Well, it is summer and people need cheap replacement parts for their lawnmowers....

:o
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
dude, who broke your engine.. i hadnt read about this before.. what happened.? what did he do and what did it break? did you change anything as far as tuning and such?

how much did your new engine cost you, i was looking at maybe getting a spare one to rebuild.. where did you get it? did your tuner pay for it? did he order it? etc...

Let me know what happened
ZX3T gone..
lol

I'm not sure what happened to the motor but Im guessing he threw a rod. The engine runs like its on 3cyl, and sounds like poo. Once I have the old engine open, I will know more. Right now, I just want my car back on the road.

New engine was $300+tax from Lecavalier Auto wreckers in Cumberland. No he did not buy it for me, no he did not help me install it, and no I dont think he really gives 2 s***s.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jul 17 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:lol

I'm not sure what happened to the motor but Im guessing he threw a rod.  The engine runs like its on 3cyl, and sounds like poo.  Once I have the old engine open, I will know more.  Right now, I just want my car back on the road.

New engine was $300+tax from Lecavalier Auto wreckers in Cumberland.  No he did not buy it for me, no he did not help me install it, and no I dont think he really gives 2 s***s.
[right][snapback]197867[/snapback][/right]
ahh that sucks.. who is he ? PM me if need be... would not want to do the same mistake..

oh really thats awesome 300$ for a 2004 engine is great.. at least i think so.. how'd you pick it up.. borrow a truck or something? I might check them out eventually for spare parts.. its just everytime im looking for something on the engine.. the scrapyard wont part out the engine (kind of understandable) but never actually asked for the whole thing

let us know how it goes
ZX3T gone..
picked it up in a civic hatchback.

Call me before you go threw them for it. My guy gets dealer prices off them. ;)
cool thanks
ZX3T gone..
Heres some pics of the work...

Hoping to have her running by end of week. *Hoping*

Beginning...

[Image: DSCF2624.jpg]

Old engine out

[Image: DSCF2626.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2628.jpg]

New engine stripped

[Image: DSCF2629.jpg]

New oil seperator, had to shorten mine because the wastegate actuator was hitting it

[Image: DSCF2648.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2649.jpg]

Compared to the stock one

[Image: DSCF2650.jpg]

Removing the throwout bearing for the new clutch

[Image: DSCF2653.jpg]

New one installed...

[Image: DSCF2654.jpg]

Flywheel installed on new motor

[Image: DSCF2655.jpg]

Clutch and pressue plate installed on new engine...

[Image: DSCF2656.jpg]

Gettin er ready for install...

[Image: DSCF2657.jpg]

This is what your stock dif looks like kiddies :lol: ;)

[Image: DSCF2658.jpg]

New WELDED oil return, no more JB weld!!

[Image: DSCF2659.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2660.jpg]

Me, sweating like I always do....

[Image: DSCF2661.jpg]

Engine in...

[Image: DSCF2662.jpg]

And the fawkin ghod damn POS sensor that added another week of downtime. :angry: :angry: :angry:

[Image: DSCF2664.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2670.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2672.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2673.jpg]
g/l with that!! hope you get it running soon!

btw pls tell me you are not going to keep that fram oil filter on there....
naz,Jul 19 2006, 10:34 PM Wrote:btw pls tell me you are not going to keep that fram oil filter on there....
[right][snapback]198149[/snapback][/right]

Its ususally the only kind in stock, well...this time around anyways.

Does it really matter if its being changed every 3-4K?
Flofocus,Jul 19 2006, 10:16 PM Wrote:
naz,Jul 19 2006, 10:34 PM Wrote:btw pls tell me you are not going to keep that fram oil filter on there....
[right][snapback]198149[/snapback][/right]

Its ususally the only kind in stock, well...this time around anyways.

Does it really matter if its being changed every 3-4K?
[right][snapback]198155[/snapback][/right]

Yeah whats wrong with Fram? Thats what I use cause they are the only kind always on the shelf at crappy tire or wal mart. What other choices are there in local retail?
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
You can get the K&N at Cdn Tire but you have to get them to order it in.... so if you plan ahead then your okay!!! But I don't think I would pay the $55 for the filter.........
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Wish I had your skillz and time to do something like this Nate AND have it running after :)

and it looks like a PITA to swap that intake mani.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ZX3guy2000,Jul 19 2006, 10:52 PM Wrote:You can get the K&N at Cdn Tire but you have to get them to order it in....  so if you plan ahead then your okay!!!  But I don't think I would pay the $55 for the filter.........
[right][snapback]198159[/snapback][/right]

K&N Oil Filter? Interesting. Doubt I would spend 55 on it though, since I do 5000KM every 2 months so I am chanigng the oil quite often.
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
I'm not spending $50 on a filter. <_<

$100 DIY oil change anybody? :lol:
Flofocus,Jul 20 2006, 08:26 AM Wrote:I'm not spending $50 on a filter. <_<

$100 DIY oil change anybody?  :lol:
[right][snapback]198180[/snapback][/right]

What this man says.
Nothing wrong with Fram :s

You're doing awesome work Nate! Wow, wish I was closer so I could help.

Hope it runs and you get it tuned a little safer ;)
Thanks Jay. You know how to get here if your bored this week-end. ;)
i had an issue with a fram, but i still use them. the lip on the filter right where it touches the block decided that it wanted a drain hole. my car got a free oil spray and i was lucky to notice it before i was gonna drive 500 km on a road trip.

good luck getting it running!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs