FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toronto/gta Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
there will be video of all this huge pwer getting laid down, right?? for those of us who cant make it?
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 27 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 26 2005, 11:08 PM Wrote:hook me up harcore.  I am paid up suckar
[right][snapback]125613[/snapback][/right]

Good thing, I wanted to see that beast on the rollers.
[right][snapback]125691[/snapback][/right]

Your expecting too much. This is a pretune dyno to see what Steeda can do after the tune.

My guess as it sits right now, somewhere around 155-160whp.

After the tune.....hoping for 195-200whp.
Hey meford, why don't you consider a Snow water/meth injection kit along with the tune? Benefits are excellent and the power added factor is well worth it. We can talk about it that day, and you can see it installed on Pat's blown mustang.

Looking good guys... I'll work with Kevin in getting the schedule set.

Yes Kevin, there is definitely internet access.

Video! Yeah I was thinking about this already. I don't have a video Camera but I thought it would be sweet to give everyone a video of their car being dyno'd. However, I don't have the equipment to do so... if I pay for a CD for each dyno'ing car, would anyone volunteer to do up vid's?? Perhaps a CD with Everyone's runs on it, some filming of peeps, bbq etc... I guess just coverage of the whole day. That would be sweet.

Carey
You are always the salesman Brookes. I was considering the water injection system. Big bucks though. I think once we get the tuning done that may become a consideration. It always pisses me off when i drive the car in the heat and it really bogs down. I would think this would eliminate that. Hope so for that kind of money.
How much for that snow kit anyways? :huh:
Holy crap what a great price. Just over $500??? These things are typically in the $2k range. I have to take a look at theis further.

In recent modular magazines across North America the name "Snow Performance" has turned a lot of enthusiast's heads releasing what promises to be a ground-breaking product called "Boost Cooler". The product uses a water/methanol injection process that efficiently cools intake air temperatures while increasing octane simultaneously. The result is more horsepower safely for a very low price.

With recent acquisition of retail rights for the sale of Snow Performance products, Steeda.ca decided to put the product to the test by sponsoring a local hardcore drag-racer, with the hope that they could shave some numbers off his time-slip.

Vedran Zavisic of Kitchener Ontario was the perfect candidate for sponsorship for various reasons. Vedran already had an excellent reputation for his quarter-mile driving skills, but what made him the most suitable candidate was his appreciation for a good deal.

Steeda.ca's Snow Performance Stage 2 Boost Cooler test achieved instant results. Shortly after the installation and tuning of the kit Vedran visited the race track and ran an 11.27 @ 123.03 MPH. This time slip crushed the existing record of 11.40 by another enthusiast in the USA making Vedran's GT the fastest Stock Longblock 2V in the world!

:D I was gonna send you that... pretty sweet huh? B)
meford4u,Jul 27 2005, 12:22 PM Wrote:You are always the salesman Brookes.  I was considering the water injection system.  Big bucks though.  I think once we get the tuning done that may become a consideration.  It always pisses me off when I drive the car in the heat and it really bogs down.  I would think this would eliminate that.  Hope so for that kind of money.
[right][snapback]125744[/snapback][/right]

Whos car is it again???

I wish my dad was this enthused about dumping money in the focus!!!
There's a N/A kit as well... interesting. VERY INTERESTING.
ZX5focused,Jul 27 2005, 06:40 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 27 2005, 12:22 PM Wrote:You are always the salesman Brookes.  I was considering the water injection system.  Big bucks though.  I think once we get the tuning done that may become a consideration.  It always pisses me off when I drive the car in the heat and it really bogs down.  I would think this would eliminate that.  Hope so for that kind of money.
[right][snapback]125744[/snapback][/right]

Whos car is it again???

I wish my dad was this enthused about dumping money in the focus!!!
[right][snapback]125782[/snapback][/right]

You caught me there. I "help" with the modifications as required
Fine. I'll add my own phat ass to the list. I am dynoing at 1pm. That's right I called my own damn time.

HardK0re - ZX3 S/C - Dyno
Oscar The Grouch - ZX4 SPI - Dyno (AM)
NOS2Go4Me - ZX4 SPI - Dyno
BrooksZX3 - SVTF - Dyno
martinfan - ZX3 - Dyno
SLIP STREAM SVT - SVTF - Dyno
goneloopy - ZX3 - Dyno (PM)
Burnin21 - ZX3 - Dyno
brucktown - ZX3 - Dyno (Pre-Paid)
redsvtfocus - ZX3 - Dyno
martinfan - ZX3 - Dyno (PM)
Sundown - ?? - Dyno?
Blackzx3 - ZX3
ANTHONYD & Jen - ZX4
SangriaRedZX5 - ZX5
Frost__2001 - ZX4
MAlby7 - ZX3
Random Hero - ZX?
Meford4u ZX3SC Dyno Prepaid
hey mr fuktard, check back on page 1 of this thread you were added :P

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=11465
if i buy my xcal in time count me in for a dyno.
Guys, how long are you staying that day?
I work 8-4:30pm that day, so I won't be able to make it if your done early... if not, I can be there for like 6pmish...
I'm not sure if we'll still be running at 6pm or not... I will have the schedule up by Tuesday and that will give a better indication. As well, you could just call to the shop when you're done working and ask for me (1 866 STEEDA7) and I'll let you know what's happening.

Also... VIDEO? Anyone with the equipment interested in doing this for the day?

Carey

Carey - I've got a tripod and our Canon Elura 80 Mini-DV cam. I can bring a few new tapes, but I'd appreciate AC power access as the battery pack's only good for about an hour of continuous filming.

If you guys want your own footage shot or just want your own tapes, MiniDV format is what you want.

PM me a home number Carey, I can call you tomorrow if you're around the house and we can sort this out a lot easier.
Is it bad to dyno a car with under 500 kms?

haha might be coming out with my new toy, and bring along some of the smaller parts that might be of interest to some people.
count me in!!!!!!
<_< if im not working ill be there need to see what ive got before turbo install
I'm not in for a dyno.

Unlike most of you.... I ALREADY know my car is slow ;)

I'm just coming to hang out and watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8