FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I still say that at 4500$ if you make lets say 20 kits, you can still make $ and provide tuning....

you can keep the intercooler as a stage 2 if you realy wanna make more $.....

for the kick of it, I calculated all the best component and cant even get to 4500$ TUNED..... :unsure:
seriously.. i doupt 7400$ i reasonable.. i know its not an "official" price or anything though..

but i think you can make a full kit for about 4500$ canadian.. tuned.. as mentioned.. and i still dont understand how an svt kit is always more expensive than a zx3 kit ?.. the hardware is the same.. you don't need more parts or more expensive parts on the SVT.. besides tuning and piping.. but the piping is just placed differently..
what about something similar to what steedacanada.com offers for the zx3 .. i'm sure it wouldn't be to much work to modify it to fit the svt.

and at a good price of $4800cdn WITH tune/intercooler/maf/injectors

just a thought
Is steeda.ca and steedacanada.com not the same thing??? You would think.

either way, that's the precision turbo kit. and good price.
Jay if it is soooooooo easy and you can do one for 2250.00 than why dont you do a kit and im sure everyone will be beating down your door for it

Ill tell you why your not going to do one because you know it cant be done , It is easy for people like you to sit back and say how high priced things are and go to ebay or where ever you got those prices and say look here it everything you need and it can be done for 2250.00 YEA RIGHT

-Turbo(I assume internal wastegate) $800
***If it is External add another 220.00
*** Gaskets , bolts , fittings 30.00
-BOV $250
-Manifold $800 (Better be a KICKASS ONE at that price)
-Oil lines $150
-Raw piping $100
***Raw piping then take it to have it welded to fit the car 200.00
-BOV and turbo outlet flanges $50
-Silicone couplers $50
-T bolt clamps (For that price..they better be T-bolt clamps) $50

That takes your 2250 kit to 2700.00US and some where here they need to make a profit , Or if you were going to do this were you going to do it for free and just at what all the parts cost

Go ask about anyone that had a DIY kit if it was worth it or if they saved any money and they will tell you NO

One last thing THIS AINT NO HONDA and to say there the same only tells me you dont know what you are talking about , I build a kit for both and the honda is much easier to build with much less bends and tight turns

Tom

wasnt there a steeda turbo kit for the focus zetec witch was just a rebadged precision kit?

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:That takes your 2250 kit to 2700.00US and some where here they need to make a profit , Or if you were going to do this were you going to do it for free and just at what all the parts cost

Go ask about anyone that had a DIY kit if it was worth it or if they saved any money and they will tell you NO

I think you're asking the wrong guy! lol

Because Jay did have a DIY kit, and he did save a lot of money in the process.

If I'm not mistaken, Jay's prices were CDN that he listed.
Jay... time for the dyno sheets.... :lol: :P

Might as well get toph involved again.... :lol: :lol:
01-yellow-ZX3,Feb 2 2005 Wrote:
Quote:That takes your 2250 kit to 2700.00US and some where here they need to make a profit , Or if you were going to do this were you going to do it for free and just at what all the parts cost

I think you're asking the wrong guy! lol

Because Jay did have a DIY kit, and he did save a lot of money in the process.

If I'm not mistaken, Jay's prices were CDN that he listed.
[right][snapback]82869[/snapback][/right]

haha was gonna say the same thing.. he's really not picking the right guy :P

he managed to do i think 185whp maybe with about equal torque with a 14b off a talon.. and then over 200whp with a used T3

high to mid 13s as i remember..

and yeah.. that was in canadian dollars.. even at 2700CAD, that's about 2150 in US dollars..

anyway ill let him answer as I dont have exact numbers..
so what your saying is you add 2gs and make 2 grand profit on a 4700 kit? :huh:

Yeah I think Jay was using cad prices also.
7400cdn does sound like a lot but like anything i think you get what you pay for

when i had a chipguy chip for my focus thechipguy gave me his home address and his cell phone number to call him if i needed anything. i think that says something that he is confident enough in his work to tell you where he lives.. try getting that info out of someone from ebay selling the cheapest kit possible

EDIT: i think you guys are getting a little too caught up on comparing on price and not considering other factors.. for example... how long was the DIY kit on the car? why was the DIY kit taken off before the car burned? WHY did the car burn (was it a leaky gasket like others on this board, or was it user error.. who knows) ? was the DIY car taken on long trips? etc etc

EDIT2: i thought the 7400cdn was the price of 1turbofocus' kit.. i didn't realize it was for an untuned hardware only kit.. :blink: :blink:
when i had a chipguy chip for my focus thechipguy gave me his home address and his cell phone number to call him if i needed anything.

Like some late night action eh? :D
im not saying that you should be selling a kit at 2200$CAD you go to the trouble of making it.. fitting everything, and selling your product to someone, so of course you should take some profit.. thats business.. i mean you can have it chrome.. all nice and welded.. etc..etc.. i think he was just saying that that was the "actual" cost of making them as far as parts..
I'm not being critical here but since you are "testing the waters" I thought I'd let you know what the "temperature" is:

$7400?

This is the same FocusCanada where people bicker and dither about what method to get their $5 blue LED washer shipped the cheapest?

In answer to the question "who here would be interested" there are maybe 10 SVT owners totoal here, two or three are for sale, a couple have JRSC already and then there are the other issues in Ontario such as insurance/emissions/police as well as the fact that not that many are interested in spending that much money. So I think that adds up to zero.

First tank of high-test is on me if anyone proves me wrong. ;)
You gotta pay to play. If Paul can offer qaulity, everything fullly bolt on tuned, said and done then ya. I myself wouldnt be expecting anything lower then $5000.
Not this again. :o

LOL!!

It was max of 235whp and 245 ft. lbs at 9psi, ran it at the track at 7psi which was 215whp and 225ft. lbs and got 13.5@104mph..not too bad for a do it yourself kit. and if that damn car wouldn't have burnt down.. :o It's be WAY faster.

The whole thing Tom is he said he can do a non intercooled, non tuned kit for $4500 cdn which as I demonstrated above would mean that he is making $2000 profit on each kit.... That's insane.

And i might just start putting kits together..I've been wanting to do it for a long time now.

And don't give me that crap about the Focus and the honda being SO DIFFERENT. I've had both as well, and I put turbo's on both and it wasn't like one was totally reverse of the other..lol

Anyways...I was mearly pointing out that those prices are insane..and I understand why Tom is defending Steeda because his prices are insane as well! :ph34r:
go for it jay. maybe you can escape the clutches of 'the man' by building turbo kits!
The worldwide market for ZETEC turbo Focus' is too small and crowded as it is for anyone to really stick it too the man.
Jay, There is abig differance between buying the sheep or low cost parts to put a DIY kit togather and something that you want your name on and going to try to make a profit on

You will find that you cannot do a kit stand behind it and sell it for any profit for the cost you stated above and if you can it will be pure junk, used or low ball parts that wont stand the heat of time

I have been doing this for a long time build 1000`s of turbo kit from 200HP to 2000 HP there is cheap ways to do it and proper ways to do it , look at gude do i need to say anymore

Tom
I'd love to see a turbo kit for $4-5k (that'll pass emissions :unsure: ), but after that it's just too much $$$ for me. Honestly this is my daily driver not a track toy so I don't need big #'s I just want some kick to the ride while maintaining reliability, 200whp/160lb/ft would do me fine (JRSC+tune). Why don't you offer a svt jrsc+tune package I'm sure that'd sell ;) .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6