FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It all depends what it makes base....it is like some of the KB Mustangs we have done...KB promises 340rwhp at 6psi, which is a gain of 80rwhp.

Most car's we finish tuning do not make the claim of 340, because they dyno lower then what KB shows...but they actually gain over 100rwhp. Yes they are making less the what KB shows but they made 20rwhp MORE then their claims...you cant always look at final numbers...this is important to understand.

Let's use a focus, JR claims 146/129 as baseline numbers and final numbers of 204/154 resulting in a gain of 58whp and 25wtq. If your car baselines at 135whp/120wtq you will not see the same numbers as them but the same or better gains. Baselines on YOUR car are important.

You have to look at the gains over someone else's tune/black box, etc and the gains you got from a baseline to after putting on the blower.

I always suggest a baseline, then install the blower with the tune and then compare numbers....to many people are keyboard racing. Every car is different and every car will will have different numbers...it is the overall gains you want to look at.

I will make more power, safer, with less timing then the JR setup or your money back. The black box will be removed, new colder range plugs with a smaller gap are just a few things to prepare for if coming to me for a tune.
Hmmm... my problem with this whole situation is, id prefer to have the sct flash for two reasons. a) so i dont have to install the black box and B) a more reliable/powerful tune. i figure if im going to have to install the black box, i may as well wait it out for a year or so until i get a pulley, mafs, injectors and perhaps water injection

oh yeah. my car dyno'd 155/132 w/ the mbrp and a cone filter
scoobasteve,Feb 8 2005, 10:24 PM Wrote:Hmmm... my problem with this whole situation is, id prefer to have the sct flash for two reasons. a) so i dont have to install the black box and B) a more reliable/powerful tune. i figure if im going to have to install the black box, i may as well wait it out for a year or so until i get a pulley, mafs, injectors and perhaps water injection

oh yeah. my car dyno'd  155/132 w/ the mbrp and a cone filter
[right][snapback]84507[/snapback][/right]
Ok, so don't install the black box and we are good to go. I can send you a mail order tune to get the car down to the dyno.

Here are some additional notes (some may not apply):

Just make sure to put in some colder plugs if you can find em or we can order them for you. If you keep stock plugs, the gap should be reduced to .030.

Fuel pressure must be set to stock specs prior to the tune if you have adjusted it.

On a blown car, the fuel pressure regulator MUST have the vacuum hose connected to the boost side of the blower, or we will not tune the car.

Make sure you have good spark plug wires.

You should have decent fromt tires to avoid dyno roller slippage.

Be sure all belts and hoses are sound. The cooling system must also be adequate.

No coolant leaks or ‘smoking’ cars. Please fix all mechanical problems prior to the tune.

If possible, but not required run a code check to be sure you are not throwing codes – if you are, please fix them prior to the tune.

If you have an aftermarket MAF it should be calibrated for the injector size you are using or it may take additional dyno time.

On blown cars, you must have an adequate fuel system, an adequate pump and injectors prior to the tune. We can help you decide if your combo has an adequate fuel system.

You must have a welded in 02 sensor bung - we have tried 'sniffers' and exhaust pipe extensions and they don't work well. We can install a bung ahead of time for you - let us know - cost - $35.

Dyno time is $150/hour. Most tunes are done within 1-1.5hrs. SVT Focuses are the exception because of lengthy flash times...it takes longer to do the SVT Focuses
so how much for the entire package.... flasher tuning dyno time... if you dont want to post it... PM me
scoobasteve,Feb 8 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Hmmm... my problem with this whole situation is, id prefer to have the sct flash for two reasons. a) so i dont have to install the black box and B) a more reliable/powerful tune. i figure if im going to have to install the black box, i may as well wait it out for a year or so until i get a pulley, mafs, injectors and perhaps water injection

oh yeah. my car dyno'd  155/132 w/ the mbrp and a cone filter
[right][snapback]84507[/snapback][/right]

You could install the JRSC and drive it down with no black box. It's easy to drive without boosting. There would be no harm if you can control your right foot. Colder plugs are motorcraft azfs-22cf4 you'll have to order them.
steve, will those colder plugs work on the ZX3?
meford4u,Feb 8 2005, 10:04 PM Wrote:steve, will those colder plugs work on the ZX3?
[right][snapback]84550[/snapback][/right]

Yes. They are one step colder from the ZX3 plugs.
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 8 2005, 05:50 PM Wrote:On a blown car, the fuel pressure regulator MUST have the vacuum hose connected to the boost side of the blower, or we will not tune the car.

What is this and why? I have never heard anything about that before.. is this in case of modification? I'm guessing not has the car doesn't have "boost" in stock form..
BerinG,Feb 9 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 8 2005, 05:50 PM Wrote:On a blown car, the fuel pressure regulator MUST have the vacuum hose connected to the boost side of the blower, or we will not tune the car.

What is this and why? I have never heard anything about that before.. is this in case of modification? I'm guessing not has the car doesn't have "boost" in stock form..
[right][snapback]84630[/snapback][/right]
This is what is called "boost refrencing". This will increase the FP apprx. 1psi for every pound of boost shown.
Boost is nothing more than the measure of backpressure in a system..not flow.

This is for ALL vehicles.
so in that case.. its already there..
To steeda, The best way to reduce the cost on the svt kit is to take that zetec turbo kit that steeda sells and make some changes to the design to clear the tranny housing and make a custom pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body which is shorter than the zetec kit .These steps will save time and money on R&D and leave you with extra cash to tune the car ,and also you can sell this kit in the states too as a bolt on kit with a manual. B)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6