FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
BrooksZX3,Feb 3 2005, 02:42 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 3 2005, 11:59 AM Wrote:Are you guys doing something with the Zetec?  :unsure:
[right][snapback]83064[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Steeda has the turbo kit available for the non-SVT zetec as far as I know. I understand it is fundamentally a Precision kit with some changes... not sure what exactly.

If it's not up on our site yet, you can find it at http://www.steeda.com under the Focus area.
[right][snapback]83125[/snapback][/right]

it's on http://www.steedacanada.com as per previous comments.
You guys can't F UCKING READ.

I never said you should have a Turbo kit for $2500, I merely said that all the parts cost $2500 for the non intercooled/non tuned kit. If you charge $2000 for your labour/profit/R&D per kit..that's insane.
[right][snapback]83130[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are totally entitled to your opinion Jay, without a doubt. :)
The more I think about it, I dont think anyone on this board will ever buy a turbo kit.

-----> EVER.

discussion closed, save your time and money.

(demografic of the focus owner on this club wont let it happen, the one who want turbo can barely afford to buy 1 part every 3 months, and the one who could afford it have other priorities for their money.)

...Beside few exceptions. but you dont base a market on exceptions.

Sad but true.
BrooksZX3,Feb 3 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:......"Yes, I have been condidering it, would like to hear more"

There's my answer brooks ;)
Quote:The more I think about it, I dont think anyone on this board will ever buy a turbo kit.

-----> EVER.

There are 3 guys who are doing custom turbo kits on this site. Actually there is 4 and that 4th allready has a turbo setup.

I myself was going to do Toms kit but I am sold on the Power Works supercharger kit.
french_connection,Feb 3 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:The more I think about it, I dont think anyone on this board will ever buy a turbo kit.

-----> EVER.

(demografic of the focus owner on this club wont let it happen, the one who want turbo can barely afford to buy 1 part every 3 months, and the one who could afford it have other priorities for their money.)

...Beside few exceptions.  but you dont base a market on exceptions.

Sad but true.
[right][snapback]83177[/snapback][/right]

it's true...anyone with the $$$ seems to simply be buying a better car in the first place...or at least a more powerful car from the factory.

I'm guessing that few people have the money for a Focus, a full turbo kit and other mods, AND the reserve $$$ to replace it all if something blows or their insurance claim is denied in the event of an accident.

If I were to do it all over again with a Focus...suspension, tires, custom turbo kit from parts you source yourself...and then dish out some $$$ for proper tuning. 7k for a non-tuned Focus kit is...silly (IMHO). You could do what I just said for much less than that if you take the time to learn how to install it yourself (or pay someone like Jay to do it, lol)

I do understand why Tom and Steeda charge/quote the prices that they do though:

1. reputation
- you slap together your own kit and it blows up, doesn't make the anticipated power, whatever...you're disappointed in yourself...the end. THEY do the same thing, their business and reputation suffer and they have a customer expecting compensation.

2. cost and time required to develop and replicate a reliable, proven kit
- customers generally don't want to be a guinea pig...you bring your car in, you expect a proven, reliable kit that will make x level of power, and require tuning once or twice...AND they have to be able to do that each and every time...that means R&D time and cost for them. You do a kit yourself, you have the luxery of trial and error, taking your time, adding stuff a bit at a time, experimenting with different parts, etc.

3. because they can
- who *is* putting out a reliable, proven kit, will stand behind their work and have your car in and out of the shop in a matter of days with no further work needed? not too many people...so they can charge a premium.'

I wouldn't get angry at them...I'd be frustrated at how comparatively small the forced induction aftermarket client base is for the Focus. There simply are not that many people out there wanting to turbo a Focus (compared to a Civic, for eg).

Ford needs someone, in house or not, to do what Mopar is doing for the SRT-4!!!!!!
7g better get you a full bolt on kit, tuning, you name it. Even an installation manual. Look at the Power Works s/c $6500 but I doubt you will find a kit better for being a full bolt on out of the box kit and its backed by Cosworth.

Steeda would have to make something that would be qaulity yet beat the competitions pricing.

$5000 price range for a full tuned and fmic kit. I think thats a reasaonle price.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 4 2005, 02:20 AM Wrote:
Quote:The more I think about it, I dont think anyone on this board will ever buy a turbo kit.

-----> EVER.

There are 3 guys who are doing custom turbo kits on this site. Actually there is 4 and that 4th allready has a turbo setup.

I myself was going to do Toms kit but I am sold on the Power Works supercharger kit.
[right][snapback]83258[/snapback][/right]

dude common, lamest quote ever, I specifie, the few exceptions.... jezzz, quote me all or nothing dogg.... :unsure:
you said

The more I think about it, I dont think anyone on this board will ever buy a turbo kit.

-----> EVER.

im just telling you that is a wrong statement.......if you stated there are a few exceptions maybe you shouldnt of said that at all....

Im just bugging ya thow... I still wuv ya :fag:
silver02svtf,Feb 3 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Feb 3 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:......"Yes, I have been condidering it, would like to hear more"

There's my answer brooks ;)
[right][snapback]83217[/snapback][/right]

Thanks man! We'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Thanks for the rest of the input too fellas
I'm not mad at anyone :P

I just wouldn't spend that much
........mmmm...long thread just to say...thanx guys at Steeda, but not interested.

I got a turbo kit

and the rest of the car came with it :P
2001 ZTS,Feb 3 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:First tank of high-test is on me if anyone proves me wrong. ;)
[right][snapback]82900[/snapback][/right]

My offer still stands. If any of the armchair "big talkers" on FocusCanada actually buys a turbo kit for there Focus retail the first tank of Sunoco Gold is on me, I'll pump it myself, check your oil and clean the windows too.
i bought a turbo kit :rolleyes:
2001 ZTS,Feb 5 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 3 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:First tank of high-test is on me if anyone proves me wrong. ;)
[right][snapback]82900[/snapback][/right]

My offer still stands. If any of the armchair "big talkers" on FocusCanada actually buys a turbo kit for there Focus retail the first tank of Sunoco Gold is on me, I'll pump it myself, check your oil and clean the windows too.
[right][snapback]83662[/snapback][/right]

Does super charger count?
I'd go turbo if I didn't have the auto-slapit transmission. :)
I have been standing back and observing this thread.

You guys really need to look at the quality of some of the kit's available and what people like us and Tom are offering. Sure, you can go out to the junker, and piece together a piece of crap kit with crap parts...and try and fab up your own kit.

Tom's, as well as other kits, are proven and use only top of the line parts. Research has been done as to what works and what makes power...and unfortunatly you DO have to pay for that in this industry. There are a lot more costs involved when making a kit for production over making a backyard kit for one car...the quality and research going into the kit is a lot better as well.

The prices you are recieving are a bargin compared to turbo kit's for other car's. A turbo kit for an 03 cobra will run you upwards of 6-10k USD. A Greddy kit for a 350z will run you around 8 Canadian and make minimal boost.

I understand the price is high, and maybe this market is not ready for a turbo kit yet....but calling the kits over priced is silly.

If you want cheap, buy a JR supercharger. They make 200-220whp at 6psi. Don't forget a tune, because your car will explode or the cylinders will get washed down using their black box controller

Turbo's are for those who want to make serious power and go fast.

My .02
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 7 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:If you want cheap, buy a JR supercharger.  They make 200-220whp at 6psi.  Don't forget a tune, because your car will explode or the cylinders will get washed down using their black box controller

[right][snapback]84203[/snapback][/right]

You are completely out of touch. I have been running a JRSC with the black box for nearly 35,000 km's. There is no washing of cylinders and apparently there is no exploding engine. I guess you have to jump on the JR black box bashing bandwagon to promote yourself. When you make some power with your tuning then you can jump in.. All you have done so far is take someone's money and given them what everyone else has with the black box.

Stick with Mustangs. We all know you are a mustang shop and if you want some nice aluminum heater knobs for your Focus you can help out.

There is no one here willing to spend 7400 bux on an entry level economy car. You're barking up the wrong tree.

You and Tom really annoy me. You claim to be super tuners yet you cannot make any more power than JR makes with the simple back box.

Put up or Shut up.
bluetoy,Feb 8 2005, 03:30 AM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 7 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:If you want cheap, buy a JR supercharger.  They make 200-220whp at 6psi.  Don't forget a tune, because your car will explode or the cylinders will get washed down using their black box controller

[right][snapback]84203[/snapback][/right]

You are completely out of touch. I have been running a JRSC with the black box for nearly 35,000 km's. There is no washing of cylinders and apparently there is no exploding engine. I guess you have to jump on the JR black box bashing bandwagon to promote yourself. When you make some power with your tuning then you can jump in.. All you have done so far is take someone's money and given them what everyone else has with the black box.

Stick with Mustangs. We all know you are a mustang shop and if you want some nice aluminum heater knobs for your Focus you can help out.

There is no one here willing to spend 7400 bux on an entry level economy car. You're barking up the wrong tree.

You and Tom really annoy me. You claim to be super tuners yet you cannot make any more power than JR makes with the simple back box.

Put up or Shut up.
[right][snapback]84246[/snapback][/right]

Bluetoy, the blackbox just dumps fuel plain and simple...from the setup I saw having an A/F as rich as that will wash down the cylinders...

Also, there is WAY WAY WAY too much timing without tuning the computer. There are so many parameters not taken care of that have to be, when putting on a blower on these car's especially the JR unit.

Give me your car and I will make 15-20whp over the JR "toon" and it will be safer or your money back. Our numbers were much higher than the baseline dyno from JR and that is what counts.

We are a full service shop, offering parts and installs for the Focus, Mustang, Truck, etc

Wake up man, every single tuner has commented on the JR setup and how terrible it is...but I guess we all just want to promote our business.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6