FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
On my side...man..I envy you guys with the jrsc.....I just cant afford to loose my extended warranty...and the sc..also...I didnt modd mine too much cause that thing..warranty...but for my experience with it..I like it too much..
Just keep the good manners here and respect to each other oppinions....
some of us know and dont know lots of things than others do...I think lets make this place a bit more share friendly.....
my 3 cents...

Keep posting...
good luck
meford4u,May 26 2004, 04:02 PM Wrote:Buy North American Built vehicles and leave your bucks at home.
I agree with meaford4u for the most part but the import/domestic line is so blurry these days one must use a finer brush. What is better North American economy wise:

Buying a Korean built Chevy

or

Buying a Cambridge built Toyota

a

German built Dodge Full size van, Sprinter

or

a Mercedes SUV made in Alabama

I suppose one could answer go "all American" and answer Focus, Taurus, Econoline, Expedition to the above but man oh man what boring answers they would be. Sounds like a rental car fleet!

Lots of people like boring I'm just not one of them. What appealed to me about the Focus was it was supossed to be a rebadged European car but what we ended up with was a garbled translation. I "expect(ed) more" as the slogan went.

I tried to do my part by buying a "big 3" car made in Michigan but it just didn't work out. So for next purchase I was selfish and got something I was familiar with and could have more trust with a made in Japan Japanese car. My taking chances abnd experimenting days are over.

But as another sign of how the auto world works these days; 20% of that technically went to General Motors and the exact same car, with a couple tweaks, wil be called a Saab in 2005.

I think it has become just too weird and complex to think of "us" and "them" anymore?
Jays2000ZX3,May 26 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:Look at a NEW Focus, compared to a NEW Civic..in 4 years, which will be worth more?
Okay let me sound off on this:

People always assume that poor resale value is an indication of the quality of car. This is not true by any means. Many manufacturers for example Honda do not either offer or have a poor fleet program. Fleeting if someone does not know consists of selling thousands upon thousands of vehicle and barely above cost....i.e. Sunfires and Cavaliers. But if you ask many of the J-body owners about their cars and the reliability almost everyone of them are satisfied. The value is an indication of rental companies making a profit on these vehicles and selling them at next to nothing.

Hell you can pick a brand new J-body for about 11g and have a reliable car. Sounds really good to me...but people insist on saying that their car holds their value better than the other.

In today's market 3/4 of the people lease so who gives a crap what your car will be worth...it simply doesn't matter because you are switching cars every 3-4 years.

Many cars for example Subaru hold their value because no one buys them period.
Now does nobody buy them because they are a crappy car? Makes you think.

Other reasons why the imports seem to hold their value is the insistence of the dealer performing all the maintenance with the threat of voiding your warranty at every visit. The imports are very smart here because they are retaining all their service work and can also when selling these used vehicles can make a valid claim that their cars were only dealer serviced. But as most of you can attest to dealer service is not very inexpensive so what about adding that to your cost of ownership.

I can keep going on and on but I think you might be fed up of hearing it. :D

Oh by the way Honda is taking a sheat kicking in the market....7 months in a row they are trending down.
Paparoach,May 26 2004, 01:01 PM Wrote:Many cars for example Subaru hold their value because no one buys them period.
Cuz they're ugly :P
Just to add to what Papa was saying

Do you know why you never hear about recalls on a Japanese built product?

Because they make you go to the dealer for servicing, and they quietly do the recall while it is in, without your knowledge of the problem

So what's it gonna be, the devil you know or the devil you don't?

Paparoach,May 26 2004, 05:01 PM Wrote:Many cars for example Subaru hold their value because no one buys them period.
Very true. In Canada Subaru sales account for 2% of the total light vehicle market. Subaru sedans are just 0.3% of total. That means more than 5 times the number of wagons to sedans! That is just plain wierd in North America.

Considering how small they are think about all the press/praise they get!

I swear they have the Tornto Star "0wn3d" every single weekend. I can't remeber not seing some article in their be it a new model or some rally car story. It must drive the other manuafacturers nuts! Subaru Canada HQ must be sending Geisha Girls to TorStar HQ on a regualr basis?

It is less the case now but the older ones appeal to certain kind of people only, eccentric academics and other wierdos like myself. Those who like them, like them alot and I think repeat ownership was something outrageous like 96%. That is not people who said in some survey: "yes I would buy again" that is the amount who actually put their money where their mouth is.

I am one of them. ;)
Hey, I bought one....though its rusting to s**t, I cant complain. Next Daily driver will be a Subaru. Honest.
What most people don't understand is the North American car market.

The consumer's buying motive in NA is plain and simple price point. That is why companies like Kia and Hyundai are thriving.

In Europe it is all about the car either in luxury, performance, safety or looks. People in general in Europe buy a car and not a price.

We in North America make many sacrifices especially in our transportation in order to save a buck. Until the North American buyer starts focusing on the vehicle, vehicles like the likes of the K cars and the J bodies will always be around...why because they are cheap and because they sell.

Ever wonder why GM has never broken the European market?
And why Mitsubishi can't crack the North American one?
Paparoach,May 26 2004, 05:59 PM Wrote:What most people don't understand is the North American car market.

The consumer's buying motive in NA is plain and simple price point. That is why companies like Kia and Hyundai are thriving.

In Europe it is all about the car either in luxury, performance, safety or looks. People in general in Europe buy a car and not a price.

We in North America make many sacrifices especially in our transportation in order to save a buck. Until the North American buyer starts focusing on the vehicle, vehicles like the likes of the K cars and the J bodies will always be around...why because they are cheap and because they sell.

Ever wonder why GM has never broken the European market?
And why Mitsubishi can't crack the North American one?
Good point!

Who knew you had some brains in you?

I thought it was all just homosexual papa bear good looks....

:ph34r:
wow this thread blew up from out of nowhere

naz,May 26 2004, 02:20 PM Wrote:wow this thread blew up from out of nowhere
Kind of off track though....

Go get us back on track :lol:
Flofocus,May 26 2004, 06:21 PM Wrote:Kind of off track though....

Go get us back on track :lol:
i'm still reading the other posts.. this thread was only like 5 posts long last time i checked
Well I think it sums up like this:

1. Focus great North American spec small car.
2. Reliability and performance sacrificed throughout the NA market cars
3. Resale has nothing to do with the quality of car
4. Some people love the focus and some don't
5. I am the smartest man alive
Paparoach,May 26 2004, 06:56 PM Wrote:Well I think it sums up like this:

1. Focus great North American spec small car.
2. Reliability and performance sacrificed throughout the NA market cars
3. Resale has nothing to do with the quality of car
4. Some people love the focus and some don't
5. I am the smartest man alive
I'll give you everything save for #5, by not letting that one through I am obviously smarter than thou. ;)
Woah this blew up too fast I dont feel like reading the whole thread but from what I have read. Jay is seing it from my prospective totally, Steve you should read my post where I gave some examples, Meford4U good luck man I dont see why you would spend so much on trying to acomplish 170whp in the end its going to cost you alot more then the turbo, with the turbo you can just turn up boost instead of buying more and more to make more power with the tittle boost the SC puts out.

Put it this way say you take you car to drag strip and you line up beside another focus your cars got stereo components a/f, oil pressure guages and lowering springs blinging rims and all that s**t , people are gonna be like "woah that guys spent a pretty hefty penny on his car hes gonna kill t he other guy with that stock looking focus". The light hits green and the focus beside you smokes you, your car aint s**t anymore. After the race the other guy pops his hood and bam Turbo here he tells you HKS BOV, port and polished head whatever....whos gonna get the respect nobody wants to see a car that looks fast when it aint fast.

On a side note the tech side has gone up but I wish more and more people could post on that because I like learning new thing, then when there is a repost of the question I could chime in and give some advice. Its nice to see the Turbo build ups and SC build up but its wierd that only a handfull are doing it and the rest are spending crazy money on body parts or stupid things.

Flame away you all know I can back myself up
D-Dub,May 26 2004, 10:10 PM Wrote:whos gonna get the respect nobody wants to see a car that looks fast when it aint fast.
You have this narrow minded mentallity that speed is everything. It amazes me why you even drive a focus if you are so hell bent on speed.

There are two sides to cars, the show and the go. You say there is no respect for cars that look fast, but aren't? That comment just goes to show how ignorant you are.

Yes, there is respect for fast cars. Hands down, no argument, but there is just as much respect for a guy who does his interior/exterior really nicely as well. Just because YOU lack that respect, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Wow, focus with turbo. zoom zoom. still not nearly as fast as say a cobra. So what now? Respect should be given on both terms. some people are just not into building a drag strip racer. Some people don't care to dump 5000 into a turbo setup, some would rather make their car look nice. It's not about looking "fast", it's about looking "good"
hey, french connection....you have the jackson racing on the svt focus? have you had your car to the track or dyno? just wondering what kind of numbers that thing is putting out.

and as far as your tunning, what do you need to do for fuel/spark?
Speed racer slow down there I aint hating on show cars with the 20 inch rims and the air ride suspension ( sure its not my cup of tea) what Im saying is alot of people are making the car looks like they can run the quarter in 10seconds but in reality they can only do it in 18. If you gonna do a show car why have a carbon fiber hood why even have a spolier it does nothing for you but make the car look quick when in reality it does notthing.

Am I keen on speed sure but I aint dying to go fast my car is pretty much stock, I just like when some fucktard pulls up beside me and lets it rip to 8 grand and his girl starts to call me on, when its all said and done my experiance and more hp smokes the car and makes me wonder whats the point to impress the ladies?

If your going for show make it clean dont make it so spectacular and bright that the mars rover can see it.
whoa..

the drama level has seriously picked up

*grabs popcorn*

EDIT: seriously guys.. at first i thought this was funny that such a big thread started because marc didn't like how much i say negative things about the focus.. but now i'm sorry i got this started.. this is too much negativity even for me
LOL. We all love each other

I gunna steal some popcorn from naz and the $$$ bling bling off his new ride..

I dont know to close this topics or leave it. There is some good convo here. Sorta two topics going on..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6