FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Not everyone on here bought their focus to have a fast car. Some people on here are happy with the 130 hp their 2.0L zetec engine makes, and dont want it faster.
Not many people care that there are cheaper cars out there than the focus. One of those people is Myself, and I am happy I bought a focus. I have owned many different cars from different automakers, and I have come to the conclusion that I want to stick with Ford. It is just so much more convenient to own one over an import car any day. I dont really care so much that people bash the focus, but if they keep doing it on and on, then they have a big problem.

And whats with arguing about someone elses car being rice? If you do this, you have a big personality problem. Perhaps just give some suggestions to the other person that this or that might look better, but dont go calling them rice for no fukin reason, thats gay. Anyways, that was my 2 cents.

-Paolo
Hey my turn plesae I love the focus and it was an awesome car but I have a different one now .Now before you all go off I am lookin at getting a zx5 for my wife casue she misses our old car so then I can come to the meets once again if she lets me drive her car :rolleyes:
meford4u,May 26 2004, 05:09 PM Wrote:Just to add to what Papa was saying

Do you know why you never hear about recalls on a Japanese built product?

Because they make you go to the dealer for servicing, and they quietly do the recall while it is in, without your knowledge of the problem

So what's it gonna be, the devil you know or the devil you don't?
I thought Japanese brand issues TSBs instead of recall. 1st, TSB is on owner's expense for repairs 2nd, the public won't know unless you drives the vehicle.

Just wanna add, I believe the Civic's compression ratio will be 10.5:1 and the Focus' compression ratio is 9.0:1. If we compare same vehicle with same specs, we should compete with the SIR and having the same compression ratio. It's unfair to comapare both engine output if the condition's not the same . SPI should have a raised compression ratio in-order to compete with the Civic's normal SOHC engine. The Zetecs should go for 10.5:1. As for the SVT......hmmm.......type R maybe? Just my thoughts!
oh wait! we should bore the B series engine to 2L, it's unfair to them too......
Wow.....this has grown out of control.

You know the problem here is....most of us know too much about our car. Buy another car and start researching to the lengths we do....

What then?

You got it...we will all be bitching about the same crap just about a different car.

Listen our car is not about being a top performance car...this car was intended for the daily driver who wants a little more fun and a little more styling and hell if you look at it like that you know what.....FORD DID IT!!!

Stop looking at our cars as these performance beasts because they just aren't!!

Companies make cars to sell them...period. And Ford did a great job! Like I said before our car in its class is by FAR the best. So suck it up people and stop thinking you should have a 50g car at a 20g price.

Damn sometimes even I get fed up!!!
Im gunna frame this thread as the thread Papa is actualyl serious LOL LOL. He's such a good MOD :D
Wow, I read every single post. I'm tired. I thought this thread was going to be a beat-on-Naz thing. I'll try to post something that is relatively on topic.

Every time I come on, I see another "Don't buy a Focus" or "The Focus is s**t" post from someone or other. I am very much inclined to agree that on a board meant to be made up of Focus enthusiasts, we are very negative towards the car we drive. The reasons why could be discussed for days, ranging from recalls to rust, but the simple fact of the matter is the site is entitled "Focus Canada". Standing beside Marc, I say that as such we should not be discouraging potential members or owners from making the move into a Focus. If they have the smarts to buy a car, let them also have the smarts to research it and determine if it's the right car for them. If they can't determine it on their own, then let them live and learn like the rest of us had to. There are plenty of forums out there that have a tonne of information on the many pros and cons of our cars, and a little quiet searching for it will render quite a large volume of opinions and reviews.

My position: While on Focus Canada, I support the car, as I think all people on the board be they new, current, or previous owners should. I think it's a good little vehicle for what you get. It's not extraordinary, it's not a POS. There are plenty of available mods for those who want to have a ride that's a little or a lot tricked out in the looks and performance departments. It's not a car for those that want to spend small bucks on aftermarket parts. There is a great enthusiast network throughout the world, and fantastic parts availability from Europe and North America. That said parts network may not compare to that of a civic, but it is still quite broad.

Marc is right.

Would I buy another one? No. Why? We've gone thru the reasons already (no resale, rather drive a Subbie, etc). Would I discourage another person off the boards from buying one? Quite possibly unless they were purchasing a warrantied car and could have everything repaired ahead of time.

Off Topic

This board is a soap opera. Quite a few of the regular posters are friends, enemies, and everything in between. Everyone knows if they say anything about handling, Naz is gonna yap about needing more track time, r-comps, blah blah blah. If something comes up about Turbos/SC's, someone will mention Jay's car burning to the ground, puppet's experiment with the vortech, everybody and their aunt complaining about the JRSC being underpowered, and Naz saying "buy a Nissan from the south and drop an SR20DET in it!" (as if everyone wants to bother). People know if the word rice comes up, the car will be compared to Ass' car and he'll go into "fuk u" mode. Everyone knows Paparoach and Microbunny will eventually hook up and the bunny will help Papa forget Dan's Mom. Why after so long do you guys still argue? I think you enjoy it. :P **steals popcorn from Jay and Naz**
This is like mutation of 30 different topics.

s**t how many months ago did I complain that this s**t was gonna get out of control no one took it seriously and now you guys are starting to open your eyes whatever no one chimed in before and now all of a sudden people decide to say something. You guys are all to nice and should speak your mind nobodys got a gun to your head, why keep quiet and keep taking the s**t.
I don't think this has anything to do with being nice....sorry d00d. You drink Guiness in that I respect.

This board is all about that....

I will speak for myself here and myself alone. Most you I wouldn't have more than a coffee with. I really do not like many people here except for a couple of guys.

Now people don't take that to heart.....above all other things all I am about is respect. And everyone deserves it. I will listen to everyone and even the guys I don't like I listen to.

Hell Rob (P-51) can attest to the fact that me, him and Dan had it on pretty good on the Jet. Hell I don't even know I could stand him for more than a minute and I bet ya he thinks the same way about me. BUT, out of eveyone on here he is probably one of the top 3 guys I respect and to me that goes a long way. We need to show this respect to everyone and with that you will be able to nip alot of this BS in the bud.

Rob stop looking at my ass
Raine,May 27 2004, 02:51 AM Wrote:Naz saying "buy a Nissan from the south and drop an SR20DET in it!" (as if everyone wants to bother).
I'd rather put a SR26DET in a S!3 or S14 instead, with a GTS tranny, nice cheap and simple! :D
I will make this short and sweet. The Focus is my first car, and was chosen due to the fact that my gf wanted a practical car that looked sporty that would be economical. She wanted an import, and I said we should check out Ford. She went on the net did her research, and chose the car we have today. We both love our car, and no amount of Focus-bashing will change our minds.

When I was first referred to this site I was happy that I could have a place to talk to other owners who love their cars as much as I do. Discussing how much I love my car with others is a pasttime that many of us obviously enjoy, but the desire to have conflict seems so strong that fellow Focus lovers have resorted to "disapproving" of what others have done. Unfortunately, for me, the first time I came on here I discovered that fellow Reginans were bashing my car. All I can say is that for a forum designed to bring Focus owners together, it sure alienates people.

Whether a person wants to aesthetically enhance their car or whether they are into performance is for each individual to decide. Everyone has their own taste and budgets that allow them to do certain mods to their Focus. Does it really matter in what order they choose to do them or what accessories/mods they prefer? If there wasn't a market for all of the different options the products wouldn't be there. Who is anybody to judge what is better? There is a huge difference between suggesting ideas and telling another Focus owner what is acceptable or not if you don't want to be called a ricer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to spend one's life on here discouraging others is sad. The fact that this forum has become a place where people need to defend their chioces defeats the purpose of why it was created. There is nothing wrong with healthy debate, as it creates a broadened perspective, but there is a widespread lack of respect for others currently going on.

In the end if you don't like the focus don't come on here and say how much it sucks, go to the site for the car of your choice and talk about why it is so wonderful. And if you don't like what someone has done to their Focus perhaps you should consider the fact that if everyone did the same thing to "fit in" or to "do it the way it should be done" everyone on here would be driving the same car of different models and colours and there would be no diversity and we would have nothing to talk about.

Let's lose the negativity and Focus bashing and just enjoy the cars that we all love so much.

Tyler

P.S.
Ricer is an awful term, and since everyone has a different meaning for it why do we even bother to use it?

so much for short and sweet, huh?
Ok.. if only I browse this forum i would have put in my few thoughts also.. so now i will

As far as everything goes.. yes that is what this site was here for, was coz all of you have some interested in the focus and it's ability to compete with the sport compact scene. We are all here to chat about the focus and to share ideas/ tips/ tricks when it comes to modding our cars. The focus is definently a well built car compared to many cars in the same market. Yet, to this day I have yet to see ANY car be perfect and free of flaws.. even a HAND BUILT royce has some flaws, wheither it's just a missing bolt to putting a condom on the ECU (that condom comment was directed to my car and a recent recall). One thing i have noticed not only with this forum but with many car enthusists out there is the bashing amongst other cars, whether its import vs domestic honda vs ford, chev vs ford.. yet none of this bashing has any reason behind it.. everyone seems to say that "GM sucks" or all "hondas are slow" or "ford is found on road dead" but no logic reason behind it. I don't mind a good debate once and a while but what good is a debate if there's no support behind your reason?

As far as the different comment, i've been modifying compacts for more than 4 years now, and since the day that i've been into sport compacts different has always been known as when a car has advertise something but yet it doesn't actually have it. Some prime examples of different would be like a NOS sticker on my car when i don't have nitrous what so ever.. or if i were to put a toyota emblem on my car and say it's a toyota cavalier (BTW there is such thing), or type R on my stock civic. THAT is different. Tyler your car may have been made fun of by many people but like you said it was the first time for you to mod your car, but you joined this site, and if you ask me your car looks pretty good now. I see it once and a while in Regina and i've changed my perspective on your car. The thing is when you joined here, we may have made fun of your car but at the same time we directed you towards the right direction to modify your car tastefully, you listened to suggestions we gave.

Inconclusion all i have to say is this I MAY not own a focus, NOR will i ever think i will.. but at the same time here im on this site coz i respect the focus, and find it interesting. HELL i even bought a focus fanatics magazine to prove it to you all. My car may not be a focus nor a ford for that matter, but it aint different..

thank you have a nice day. :)
to tell you the truth i just read all these posts and have no idea why the topic was closed, maybe I am abusing the privelage as being a mod by re-opening this topic. But i had seen no reason to be closed. I mean it didn't seem like anyone was insulting anyone personally hear and seemed like everyone kept their cool and showed a class of high maturity(which I know we all contain all the time :P ). Either way I have seen some raelly good point and then of course points I disagree with. One of the most valid points was the fact that it was unfair and biast to only praise the focus and never actually admit to ourselves that it was known for its recalls (in its first year of release) but speaking negatively about the focus would lead us only to how it can if not already be improved over the 5 years worth of models. i also agree with the fact that the civic and the focus are closely related lol. They are like the the protagonist and antagonist of a novel. (exagerated metaphor) either way. Nobody can doubt the fact that aside its withdrawels the focus is a good car. and I say long live the debate. However if this topic does come to the point where we are going at each other than its time to close it but I mean if we are only discusing valid facts and opinions and not insulting each others moms (or something like that ) then why not hear what other have to say B)
FociS8nt,May 27 2004, 06:28 PM Wrote:to tell you the truth i just read all these posts and have no idea why the topic was closed, maybe I am abusing the privelage as being a mod by re-opening this topic. ................
Now this is getting interesting! :lol:

NOW I'M GOING TO MAKE SOME POPCORN TOO!!!!!!

To save you mods merging a whole bunch of threads here is me pondering the original question:

I was wondering..........if a potential new member is so fragile that they would leave because what one or two people happen to feel about the Focus were they worth having as members in the first place?
I find this topic offensive so can you please LOCK it cause I jsut want everybody to get along :unsure:
Quote:I was wondering..........if a potential new member is so fragile that they would leave because what one or two people happen to feel about the Focus were they worth having as members in the first place?

I wholeheartedly agree with 2001zts... but, if i just bought my focus and came onto a site asking about mods im pretty sure the last thing i'd want to hear is how crappy my purchase was...
scoobasteve,May 27 2004, 06:47 PM Wrote:
Quote:I was wondering..........if a potential new member is so fragile that they would leave because what one or two people happen to feel about the Focus were they worth having as members in the first place?

I wholeheartedly agree with 2001zts... but, if i just bought my focus and came onto a site asking about mods im pretty sure the last thing i'd want to hear is how crappy my purchase was...
Actually, every member is worth having, well almost anyway lol. We were all noob's at one point. I view a potential new member as someone looking to join the club, not really someone looking to see if a focus is a good buy - imo.

But I wouldn't attempt to argue that we need to still vent to each other about things that aggrevate us, and informing a noob and others about recalls/issues etc... is a good thing. BTW, I haven't had a recall yet! :P

And thanks for re-opening the post, perhaps not everyone has had a chance to respond. I would love to see this thread 20 pages long, it means everyone is getting more involved (as long as it remains constructive of course ;) )
I'm still going to maintain that I'm not a big fan of import ninjas jumping on people's choice to buy the focus... I think most of the negative points can be easily found by simply browsing the forum. It can be annoying to the people just joining the board. Ask anyone who's had their for sale thread hijacked by walmart shoppers, and they'd agree it can be a bit frustrating to have someone jump so hard on the negative points.

But as someone who's been here a while, I can totally appreciate the knowledge and opinions people bring to the table. It helps keep my own exuberance under check, and I hope I make better decisions because of that.

Now as far as people getting along on here... I haven't met anyone I dislike, met a few I shake my head at occasionally, and there are a few I still really look forward to meeting.. everyone gets different things from the board, and I've found that overall, people are pretty supportive, even if a bit on the drama-queen side of melodramatic... I don't take offense in people's opinions, only in poorly conceived humour :P

I've had my run-ins with folks when I first joined the site, but I would consider them all friends now..... I'm terrible at holding grudges :P
darkpuppet,May 27 2004, 08:03 PM Wrote:I've had my run-ins with folks when I first joined the site, but I would consider them all friends now..... I'm terrible at holding grudges :P
I thought for sure you were going to say: "revenge is a dish best served cold" :lol:

Steve you bought your focus cause they promised you would become a star :lol: Damn after you beat a horse to death then it becomes glue after you beat that, what does it become??? :unsure:
I think this forum was closed because it was beaten to death :blink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6