FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The "official" 2007 Fc Camping Trip Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
darkpuppet,Mar 23 2007, 11:03 AM Wrote:
The Mailman 666,Mar 23 2007, 10:53 AM Wrote:Hi guys, I have frequented this site for about a year now. I also love camping and go to Algonquin at least once a year. So I'll be there with the wife on site 221 from June 8th-10th. You guys picked a great ground to camp in. It’s the ground that the wife and I camp in almost every year. The water front sites are really nice.

See you all there. :)

Shawn and Laura Bailey
[right][snapback]231699[/snapback][/right]

nice!

glad to see so many people (new members and old) coming out!

last year the water-front sites were brutal.. with the rain and cold wind coming off the lake, I could only imagine how miserable it would be to be on those sites.

but come summer... they have to be the best!..
[right][snapback]231701[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to admit we've never been to Algonquin so early in the year so lets hope it's not a rainy one!
Like I said. Last year's weather was a freak. I think it was 3º the one night.

It will most certainly be warmer this year.

Smart guy gets a site on the other side.

221. Nice and quiet! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Mar 28 2007, 12:57 PM Wrote:Smart guy gets a site on the other side.

221.  Nice and quiet! :lol:
[right][snapback]232297[/snapback][/right]

Why don't you post up another pic of the ground to show everyone what is still available.

When it is warm the water front sites are simply the best! You get a great view of the lake from your campfire and all becomes right in the world. Take up a little wacky tabacky and your set!
For those who may need camping equipment.. check out

Tent City up at Steeles and Dufferin..

HUGE selection of new/refurbished/surplus goods there as well..
It looks like we scared away that site on the other side that was booked last week.

Now we have the WHOLE SECTION TO OURSELVES.
:lol:

[Image: SITES_MAR_30.jpg]
How many were in the camp ground last year?
Hey all, new member here looking to attend the camping excursion. Just wondering if there is anyone that has a site thats looking for another person, or anyone thats looking to split a site?

let me know i dont work weekends and i can get the friday off no problem, would be staying to sunday though, gotta be at work early monday morn :S

anyways, let me know if anyone has/is looking for a spot.

PM prefered.
anyone?
i know if im coming, im hopping on a site with Matt (burnin21). if i dont end up going im sure he will need someone to share with
The Mailman 666,Mar 30 2007, 08:49 PM Wrote:How many were in the camp ground last year?
[right][snapback]232563[/snapback][/right]

We had about 10 guys.

We had even more the year before.

This year is WAY bigger than any year yet.

Should be a good party.
So far Devin and I are attending. Our respective wives are undecided. Once they confirm I may or may not have space. Also it's a small site, 1 car/ 1 tent.
There's also those first come first serve sites as a last resort.
j3rt,Apr 1 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:So far Devin and I are attending.  Our respective wives are undecided.  Once they confirm I may or may not have space.  Also it's a small site, 1 car/ 1 tent.
[right][snapback]232787[/snapback][/right]

Judging by previous years, I don't think you would have ANY trouble switching sites the day you arrive.

There are bound to be sites available in the area.
ANTHONYD,Apr 2 2007, 09:49 AM Wrote:
j3rt,Apr 1 2007, 05:20 PM Wrote:So far Devin and I are attending.  Our respective wives are undecided.  Once they confirm I may or may not have space.  Also it's a small site, 1 car/ 1 tent.
[right][snapback]232787[/snapback][/right]

Judging by previous years, I don't think you would have ANY trouble switching sites the day you arrive.

There are bound to be sites available in the area.
[right][snapback]232872[/snapback][/right]

Especially as it is after the long weekend and it is still quite early in the year.
We're saving a spot for Oscar (so that's another tent). Not sure we want to "fill" just now.
WOOT!!!!!! :beerchug:
looks like im good to go!!! restaruant is opening end of june!!

see you there!!!!! :D
ZX5focused,Apr 8 2007, 03:32 PM Wrote:WOOT!!!!!!  :beerchug:

[right][snapback]233808[/snapback][/right]

Nice!

Reserve your site!
ANTHONYD,Apr 9 2007, 09:23 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Apr 8 2007, 03:32 PM Wrote:WOOT!!!!!!   :beerchug:

[right][snapback]233808[/snapback][/right]

Nice!

Reserve your site!
[right][snapback]233895[/snapback][/right]

gonna talk to Matt tonight about it
Just getting the credit card from home this weekend to book that sucker :P
ZX5focused,Apr 10 2007, 12:12 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 9 2007, 09:23 AM Wrote:[quote=ZX5focused,Apr 8 2007, 03:32 Reserve your site!
[right][snapback]233895[/snapback][/right]

gonna talk to Matt tonight about it
[right][snapback]234090[/snapback][/right]

That should be tremendously sucessful seeing that this is the night of your birthday party. Why not "go for it" and phone in a reservation some time around last call while you guys are at it? :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9