FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The "official" 2007 Fc Camping Trip Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ya i am, cause there aint no way im gonna make from algonquin back to windsor in one day with "cottage country" traffic sunday afternoon, now i jsut need to dodge rushour on monday
we gonna start a "who's bringing what" thread so we dont end up with 10 bbqs and nothing else?
I have a hibachi, but the little guy only holds about 4 burgers. Steve has a decent sized one.

I'll have a stove and frying pan for my bacon and eggs.

My brother-in-law and I are going to live on burgers and dogs all weekend. (not hard to do)

I'm bringing my 48 beer and my tequilla for the more adventurous.

I think as long as everyone brings enough to be self-sufficient, we'll be fine!

Hopefully Jeremy brings the kitchen tent and twine.

**** EVERYONE BRING AT LEAST ONE TARP!****
I will be doing the minimalist thing as usual. Half of what I bring will either be burned, eaten or drank.

One usefull item in a group sense is my single burner stove, kicks ass, nothing boils water faster for those whole wish to join me for instant coffee.

If anyone in TO wants, I have excess firewood in my backyard, probably a bush cord of it, I am bringing a couple cardboard boxes full but there is still lots for the taking. Well seasoned as one of my ex-wife's relatives brought it over for New Years 1999 because he thought the power was supposed to go out/doomsday. :lol:
2001 ZTS,May 26 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:I will be doing the minimalist thing as usual. Half of what I bring will either be burned, eaten or drank.

One usefull item in a group sense is my single burner stove, kicks ass, nothing boils water faster for those whole wish to join me for instant coffee.

If anyone in TO wants, I have excess firewood in my backyard, probably a bush cord of it, I am bringing a couple cardboard boxes full but there is still lots for the taking. Well seasoned as one of my ex-wife's relatives brought it over for New Years 1999 because he thought the power was supposed to go out/doomsday. :lol:
[right][snapback]239615[/snapback][/right]
From the first page .....................

Bringing your own firewood is NOT ALLOWED...According to the website, it's because of parisites commonly found in wood from other regions.

Just for the heads up. I know they may confiscate your wood. :lol:
They won't allow it...however Raine being the sly fella he is managed to smuggle in a f***ing poplar tree the first year.

Man what a s***ty burn...if you want to put a fire OUT...drop some poplar on the fire :rolleyes:
Nobody touches my "wood" unless they buy me dinner and kiss me first :wub:
Start a supplies thread?

Hibachi BBQ - good for 6 burgers, easy
20lb propane can
3-4 varieties of burgers, dogs, some marshmallows, lots more food.
Likely a decent-sized tarp
Soccer ball, frisbee, cards
nice. I plan on bringin various snacks as well. most of which can be roasted.
i gotta take an inventory this week and then make a shopping list
BTW...

if you bring propane, please take your empties back with you.. don't leave them in the garbage for me to deal with on Monday

then, for the obvious stuff.. bring the following for yourself..

2 x towels
tent and tarps
sleeping bag (of proper size for your body)
extra blankets/pillows
some extra cord for your site
money for wood
food/water/booze/snacks for your duration
garbage bags
utensils, plates, cups
wash basin
basic first aid kit
flashlight and batteries

typically, other incidentals like stoves/extra paper plates/etc tend to be in decent supply should you run short.

2001 of course has his jet boil which is pretty handy for your coffee fix, I'll be picking up a portable grill for the fire pit (they don't have grills at pog lake on our pits).. I also have a naptha lantern, single burner stove, pots/pans, cutting board, hand broom, soap, etc.
Proper sleeping bag is key!

I'll bring tarps galore and poles for them.

Steve (long time no chat) Did you happen to pick up a couple more telescopic poles for the tarps should we require dry shelter???

i can bring a s***load of rope if we need to tie them up/down and i got a few tarps too
I will bring my bucket of string. The dining shelter is really starting to show signs of wear and burning. It's been pitched to close to the fire on many occasions.

Does anyone have Bocce ball? It's a blast when played 'all terrain'.
j3rt,May 27 2007, 07:24 PM Wrote:I will bring my bucket of string.  The dining shelter is really starting to show signs of wear and burning.  It's been pitched to close to the fire on many occasions.

Does anyone have Bocce ball?  It's a blast when played 'all terrain'.
[right][snapback]239693[/snapback][/right]

i think i got a set of them up in the attic, but they are the plastic ones. so if someone has a quality set to bring, it would be better

and all terain bocce rocks, its all my family used to do at the cottage...takeout shots FTW!!!! :lol:
Oh Man Bocce would be pimp.

Not around the cars of course!
Really pimp would be pointed lawn darts, but those are illegal now.....
j3rt,May 28 2007, 03:40 PM Wrote:Really pimp would be pointed lawn darts, but those are illegal now.....
[right][snapback]239775[/snapback][/right]

We can make those!
Soccer anyone? I'll be packing that one.
The road is a good place to boot the ball around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9