Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"big 3" Question
Hey

I am trying to identify the positive terminal on the back of the alternator. I see a quarter-sized flat red cap on the back of the alternator. This is attached to a grey plastic post that points perpendicular to the red cap, towards the back of the engine. There is an (8awg??) red wire attached with a bolt to the end of this post. Is this the right point to attach my new positive wire?? I can't see any other wires back there - there are too many other engine parts in the way!!

If this is the right connection point, why do I need to remove that red cap?? I can't see what's underneath of it, because of the angle, but there seems to be a nut of some sort (by feel.) The red wire attached to the end of this post says "fuselink" on it - I think that is just the brand of wire or something? And not a label of what the wire does?

So is this the right spot to attach my wire? Can I just remove the nut holding this red fuselink wire and attach my new wire to the end as well?
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
I'm pretty sure... almost positive that this is the positive output from the alternator.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
FWIW my multimeter confirms that it is at least on the same circuit as the positive battery terminal.
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "big 3" On Focushacks MAlby7 9 3,352 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Last Post: blindhammer
  Infinity 6" X 8" / 5" X 7" Car Speaker (6812cf) Alec Brandon 1 1,699 05-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Last Post: MAlby7