FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Seriously,

I wont name people but damn Im I sick of hearing you tell crap about the focus. This is a focus board, to support focus enthusiastic. Lately I am sure you scared away many potential new focus owner by your negative comment about this and that.

If you dont have anything nice to say on this board about focus, go preach other brand on there own board, you might please people more that way and save us your negativity.

Or even better, why dont you practice what you preach, that way we could learn from your REAL experience with those vehicles you never owned.

If you have anything nice to say or discuss, I am all up for it and positive about it.

Sorry for the Rant, but thanks for reading.

-Marc
:huh:

Tell us who it is!!!!

:)
Im sure we all know
Thats one of the reasons I dont come on here as much not to mention the rice o meter has jumped to an all time high this year.
Do please explain this rice o meter? Im still waiting for the reason as to why my car is rice to some ppl on this board?

I dont think there is any rice on this site. Every one is entitled to do there car how ever they want with out having to worry about the next guy bashing it. This site is not about how people can do there cars. The only rice on this site is the people who come here and bash the Focus.
I think there is rice and I dont bash the focus
Who cares if there is rice. How ever no one said you bashed the Focus..
marc the focus has good points and bad points. no one ever talk about the bad points except me. its like telling only 1/2 the truth to new member to only say good things.

are we THAT desparate for members that we need to say 1/2 truth only to get them to buy the car?

Hey man focus's rock! Thats the only reason i bought one. One good thing about a Focus, its not built in Japan or Korea and it can take several imports to school if done up properly.
the rice that bother me is when people call each other rice, I realy dont mind nice tasty rice once in a while. hell, its part of the community in a funny way, were all show off a little tad inside.

As far as it goes, let me tell you. from hearing the people sometime I get the impression that stuff is so bad it hurt, but the truth is, I own just a focus, ok, its an svt, then I own one of those JRSC that people say its not worth it and all.... well, its a god damn good worth to me when I can race head up with mustang GT's with mild mods. Pretty descent when you think I paid 1800$ usd plus a bone stock svtf low deal price.

Price on mustang owner face when they hear the blower.... PRICELESS

one advice, live, try and tell...
Way to go Marc *thumbs up*
Well said Mark....even for a french man. ;)
I agree. I was also told my money would be better off doing a Civic with the money I am putting into my Focus. How ever I dont want a Civic. I wanted the Focus and I love the Focus. The fact of seeing those punks faces when I beat there v6 Mustang was priceless.
french_connection,May 25 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:the rice that bother me is when people call each other rice, I realy dont mind nice tasty rice once in a while. hell, its part of the community in a funny way, were all show off a little tad inside.

As far as it goes, let me tell you. from hearing the people sometime I get the impression that stuff is so bad it hurt, but the truth is, I own just a focus, ok, its an svt, then I own one of those JRSC that people say its not worth it and all....  well, its a god damn good worth to me when I can race head up with mustang GT's with mild mods. Pretty descent when you think I paid 1800$ usd plus a bone stock svtf low deal price.

Price on mustang owner face when they hear the blower.... PRICELESS

one advice, live, try and tell...
I think your are misreading it man, most people say its a bad kit for the zetec not the svt. The gain on a zetec is real poor when on the SVT its really good, for the way you aquired one you got a pretty damn good deal.

I think you are categorizing rice as aperance mods, rice to me isnt apearance mods its when someone makes there car look cheap or so way over the top it makes no sence or they do stuff thats pointless and doesnt really do anything( ie fake attenas or even the spining rims).I personally like a nice cleanly done car like Pats or Dans the exteriors of the cars were amazing, but I still belive in making the car faster over the look thing because whats the point in making a car look nice and quick with the agressive stance and racing wheels if your car dont put out.
thabrat, thats what im saying, if we are here, its because we are already attracted by the focus, go on focaljet and tell people to buy other brand on everypost and you will get banned, I swear, or the post will always diseapear, I think we need to build a more supportive/strong community. I ts all about being truthfull but also optimistic of the situation.

I would say the focus is an awsome car for its price with huge potential and a gead on handling if tuned right. plus it looks great.

Yes it has some minor flawas, but we can all live with it because someone create a new post every other week about the one part that fail here or there, its kinda cool in a way because some of us actualy learn some mecanic beacause of it... :lol:
but seriously, those car are good, they will be remembered to be realy good handling cars and will be still cool to have 20 years from now, but all suped up. like an old rally car. check my words.
Gain on A Zetec is awsome with Toms Turbo :D
Toms turbo is priced pretty close to the JRSC and is just as safe if tunned correctly you could easily achive the numbers that the JRSC has and if you want some more just crank up the boost watch them engine parts dance through your block.
D-Dub,May 26 2004, 03: Wrote:
Quote:I think your are misreading it man, most people say its a bad kit for the zetec not the svt. The gain on a zetec is real poor when on the SVT its really good, for the way you aquired one you got a pretty damn good deal.

I think you are categorizing rice as aperance mods, rice to me isnt apearance mods its when someone makes there car look cheap or so way over the top it makes no sence or they do stuff thats pointless and doesnt really do anything( ie fake attenas or even the spining rims).I personally like a nice cleanly done car like Pats or Dans the exteriors of the cars were amazing, but I still belive in making the car faster over the look thing because whats the point in making a car look nice and quick with the agressive stance and racing wheels if your car dont put out.
I've left the board and come back strictly for deals these days, this headline catched my eye thou...

well, as for the term "rice", I'd say it's the owner's opinion in how to personalized his vehicle and I don't see if there'll be any need in other's to give in their comments. As for me (still a stocker), I'd rather look into aero kits that will provide more aerodynamic forces ( not just downforce) to the vehicle, unfortunately, the kits avaliable on the market doesn't really advertise how air is being pushed around the vehicle, it only advertise how "aggressive" it looks.
The Ford Focus is quite a love hate relationship for me, u should see my face recently when my front passenger side spring snapped (you guys with stock suspension should check it too, the damn sleeves will hold but the coil itself will shift from it's original position, I'm currently waiting for the SVT suspension kit since the H&R kit is offered here at an unreasonable price (1200 bucks for the cupkit? common guys, it's like 600 US in the states, adding shipping and duty will not take you up to that much!) I'm still hoping the upper shock tower will not be scratched due to the spring's wierd angle. plus, faulty DPFE, fuel pump, blah blah blah...I still liked the car but I'm just feeling the car's gonna be a "Fix Or Repair Daily" vehicle.
What year is your car?
I agree 100% with you MArk. Your car is part of who you are--it's your personality. And dissing another man's car is like pissing in his cornflakes.

D-dub I am out to prove you wrong about the JRSC. We have had, to date, only mild performance improvements with the JRSC, but we are just getting to the "What Now" stage and with a little time, energy and cash, you will change your mind about the JRSC.

Puppet is at the same stage,ok a little ahead of us, and he doesn't have a JRSC . I think that no matter what you put in your car--turbo or SC--your gonna need about $5k to do it right. I believe Tom's kit is $7k and a drive to NC. Money well spent???? That's completely your judgement. We only spent $1800 Can on our JRSC. Not even close in price.

As a daily driver, I'll stick with the JRSC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6