FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FC.net Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
all stock i pulled 115hp and 121ft-lbs of torque.
thanks everyone involved in making this happen. it was a blast and cant wait to do it again.

also i realized they never made it to my rev limiter because they hit the speed one first :p
You need a turbo and a tune bro haha then not only will you make high numbers but you can go til end of fourtH
I was the BIG winner...

With the lowest numbers. Sad
(06-21-2010, 07:22 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie pulled: 232whp/219wtq

Geez, that's really good ... even accounting for differences between dynos, that's about +100hp from last time (IIRC Jamie pulled about 137-138 last year NA, which itself was really good) ... Jamie, I would imagine you're pretty happy with that result.
i pulled 147whp and 131wtq and i might add won the highest all motor focus.

thanks to all is was a sickk day.

lol i couldn't find the dennys and my gps got me lost
def was a good day, i'm curious to find out though why the A/F reading on chad's AEM gauge was off by 1 whole point compared to da silva's metering system. the catalytic converter doesn't make that much of a difference. on top of his and mine (afr's) were identical on the dyno which is odd because my tune isn't finished yet lol.
Mine were off by a full point aswell, dynos always read leaner.

And yes ken, very happy with my numbers. Was tempted to turn boost up 2 points for a few extra but opted out as I haven't driven car hard @ 13 yet but with 94 its relatively safe. I was looking for 230-240 so I landed in a happy medium. Total cost for the extra power was 2000$ after selling parts, buying kit, tuning and ebc and exhaust
what did Oscar friend's put down....and what cars were they driving?
who's cavalier was it that had the dryer duct intake system?
Mike - Civic SIR with K20a swap did 189whp
Jon - Sunfire 98hp (i never knew about that mod Kev)
Matt - Red Civic 130hp

I did 207 or something like that.
omg the sunfire did 98? i didn't think it was that low.

hey kev now you don't have to feel so bad lol.
(06-21-2010, 01:09 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Mike - Civic SIR with K20a swap did 189whp
Matt - Red Civic 130hp

....You definitly do not sound happy.
(06-21-2010, 01:09 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Mike - Civic SIR with K20a swap did 189whp
Matt - Red Civic 130hp

IIRC that Civic made about the same last year ... I can understand why you might not be happy with the HP numbers, but with that kind of tq available (273!) driving your car must still be a boatload of fun to drive.
I was happy with my numbers.. 124WHP/129WTQ.. close to the SVT for torque!
(06-21-2010, 08:34 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC that Civic made about the same last year ... I can understand why you might not be happy with the HP numbers, but with that kind of tq available (273!) driving your car must still be a boatload of fun to drive.

Oh its not like I'm unhappy with it. I know what exactly was wrong. Car needs an oil change, new spark plugs, and filter cleaning. I would have probably got back to close to where I should be. Joe said the A/F was perfect, so there is issues with constriction and maybe spark. Perhaps my cat is getting clogged. My new battle plan is still going to be getting a hiflo cat and e-boost controller.
judging my AFR's, im going to rule out plugs as a cause for lower numbers. when was the last time you changed em out? oil will effect it but not terribly. im thinking a major thing here if the cat, air filter and MBC. get a K&N filter and get a reflash, remove cat and go hi flow or no cat and get the eboost2 or any EBC for that matter. Also on a side note, you dyno'd your last numbers @ steeda which is a mustang dyno. from what i know the mustang dyno inflates numbers which we clearly saw in comparison to last year for peoples pulls.
(06-21-2010, 10:39 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I was the BIG winner...

All that means is you need more mods and make more power. Then next dyno day someone else will get stuck with that title ohh and the plate.

With the lowest numbers. Sad
(06-21-2010, 10:35 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]You need a turbo and a tune bro haha then not only will you make high numbers but you can go til end of fourtH

lol i dont think im getting a turbo any time soon....

a tune on the other hand....
Hey Jamie,

You said your AFR gauge reading was different then your dyno reading right?
I talked to Joe about it and he said his dyno reading is to a tee.. So now I'm wondering why we got differences? My gauge reads 12.9-13.0 at WOT, and his dyno said 13.8 which worries me, that's hella lean.
Joes readings are 100% for where they are at, he is reading the correct AFR at the tailpipe. Put your wideband gauge at your tailpipe and you'll probably come very close to matching his readings. I sort of wish I had an extra wideband gauge to proove/disprove this for people.

Because I was doubting my wideband a few years ago I even went and sold my almost new AEM Wideband and bought an Innovate LC-1, which is known to be a little more accurate and allow free air calibration. The net result there was no differences in my wideband readings between aem and innovate and still Joe's readings were off.

Its not his meter, its just the readings at tailpipe vs at the header.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9