FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The "official" 2007 Fc Camping Trip Thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello everyone.

As most of you know, there is a G2G on the horizon! It's a G2G that we started 3 years ago to celebrate the breaking of spring with a little camping trip / convoy to Algonquin Park for food, friends and good times.

The get together is an ABSOLUTE MUST. It's a great way for "NEWBS" to get to know your fellow Focus Enthusiasts!

What sort of things will you need to bring you ask?

Be self-sufficient, bring enough food for yourself, munchies, toiletries and snacks for the weekend. Generally, snacks are for sharing, so bring enough to go around. (A couple of bags of chips will cover it) DON'T FORGET YOUR LAWNCHAIR!

Bring you favorite beverage, beer, wine, booze whatever!

Bring some cash. ALL PEOPLE ATTENDING WILL BE EXPECTED TO CHIP IN FOR FIREWOOD. (We got burned by a member the first year, and we'll be damned if it happens again.)

The date is the same every year. (The first weekend in June) This year we're having in on the second weekend because the campground is closed that first weekend of June.

JUNE 8TH-10TH. Some members are also known to stay the extra day and leave Monday afternoon.(11TH) So reserving a site for 3 days won't leave you out in the bush alone.

We usually meet at the Boston Pizza at the 401 400 junction for lunch the day of departure. Continue to watch this thread for details as we get closer to the date!

THE FOLLOWING LINKS WILL BE ALL YOU WILL NEED TO RESERVE YOUR SITE(S)

SITE MAP: ALL SITES IN RED ARE RESERVED BY FC MEMBERS!
[Image: sites.jpg]
[IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESERVE YOUR OWN SITE OR MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO SQUAT ON SOMEONE ELSES SITE. PLEASE DO NOT "JUST SHOW UP" AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO HAVE ROOM FOR YOU!!!]
Fees are 27.50 /day and 7-10.00 per day for any vehicles over the allowed per site (2)
Site rules:
2 CARS ONLY! Any additional vehicles can be stored at the extra parking not more than a 3 min. walk from the campsites. Or on another member's site with only one car.

We are in a RADIO-FREE ZONE. No car stereos will be permitted (Ask Burnin21 what happens)
We are in a DOG-FREE ZONE (Although, sites that do allow dogs are not more than a 3 min. walk from ours)
Bringing your own firewood is NOT ALLOWED...According to the website, it's because of parisites commonly found in wood from other regions.

So there you have it!

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM either Steve (DARKPUPPET) Or Me (AnthonyD)

Hope to see you all there!
EXTREME
For those of us addicted to FACEBOOK.

Find more info here!

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FC CAMPING TRIP INVITATION
I would come to this...if I could remember what site I had, and what site jr3t and Burnin 21 had...so I could try and get the same one again too...

That, and find out from work what the training calendar is looking like...

L8tz
^^^ So maybe the excuse is legit? :lol: I can vouche for the radio thing, lol 3000 watts and four 15's did me no justice, that park ranger was pissed but damn she was hot. It was worth the trouble and I'd do it again :P j/ks j/ks. My site from last year was camp site #208 I believe. It was either that or 210. Anywho, even the sites around them were in good shape :)
All of the sites in the area were good.
To correct ANTHONYD:

"STRICTLY PROHIBITTED" or "STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED"
Sometimes you guys are fawked. Why do we need an "official" thread. And when we might need an official thread, why close the other thread where people were asking questions about the event. Yes it was long and tedious to get thru, so why close the thread when others may still have questions.
Questions like "Why is Anthony calling this the must attend event with no Meford"?

Cause camping sucks. But Anthony being away for the weekend is all good. :P :D :o
meford4u,Mar 12 2007, 03:19 PM Wrote:Cause camping sucks.
[right][snapback]229989[/snapback][/right]

wow, I thought you were cool. Guess youd rather play with Men and their tiny golf balls.
Cleaned up my stuff...and re-opened the other thread to keep this one clean.
meford4u,Mar 12 2007, 03:19 PM Wrote:Sometimes you guys are fawked.  Why do we need an "official" thread.  And when we might need an official thread, why close the other thread where people were asking questions about the event.  Yes it was long and tedious to get thru, so why close the thread when others may still have questions.
Questions like "Why is Anthony calling this the must attend event with no Meford"?

Cause camping sucks.  But Anthony being away for the weekend is all good. :P  :D  :o
[right][snapback]229989[/snapback][/right]

If I wanted your input, I'd either jingle my zipper or dangle a cheeseburger in your face. :P

If you ain't comin' stay out!

-thanks.
Burnin'21 I fairly certain we were on 208 last year. That should help you out Drivesthebeast.
I'll reserve this week I think. We'll be driving down from North Bay, but I think we'll be the only ones. I'll check with Oscar, tho.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 12 2007, 07:48 PM Wrote:I'll reserve this week I think. We'll be driving down from North Bay, but I think we'll be the only ones. I'll check with Oscar, tho.
[right][snapback]230082[/snapback][/right]

OH FANTASTIC!

Glad you guys are going to fit us in!!!!
Interesting, 210 & 205 are non-reservable. Which means any last minute attendees could get a site in the heart of the action.

212 is mine...
j3rt,Mar 12 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:212 is mine...
[right][snapback]230141[/snapback][/right]

Excellent Jeremy! This is going to be a blast!!!!!!
note:

I moved your posts Flo and Meford to the other camping thread where you guys can chat back and fourth.

I'm trying to keep this one for people attending.

Thanks!

a.
j3rt,Mar 12 2007, 10:16 PM Wrote:Interesting, 210 & 205 are non-reservable.  Which means any last minute attendees could get a site in the heart of the action.

212 is mine...
[right][snapback]230141[/snapback][/right]

sweet... hey neighbours.. block party anyone?
I just ordered a replacement liver.

Should be here in 4-6 weeks.
Looks good guys.

Sites

are booked!!!!

I think I'll need to bring more ribs this year!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9