FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flasher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
tdot-zx3,Dec 10 2004, 04: Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Dec 9 2004, 08:32 PM Wrote:The hp difference at around 5000rpm has showed the greatest improvements from what I've seen.

The other guy just said low end was the biggest improvement.

You guys should reference with each other before you post.
[right][snapback]73812[/snapback][/right]

Dan, perhaps you could re-read the quote. I think the comment refers to the difference in driveability. There was no comment about his dyno numbers.

Quote:it is a totally different vehicle with the low-midrange power it picked up...

My commments are relative to the dyno sheets I've seen posted by others. Am I missing something?
so any numbers #'s yet?
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. He is the tune we did for a bone stock SVT. We only had time for about 2 pulls of WOT tuning because of the long flash times and we were being booted off the dyno (our mustang dyno will be here in the spring) so there is definatly a bit more left in the tune but the car drives totally different....much better then stock, more responsive, etc

As you can see by looking at the graph, the car picked up almost 15lb/tq to the wheels and almost 15hp to the wheels in the mid range, exactly where these vehicles lack power.

[Image: focus_graph2.gif]
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 11 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:(our mustang dyno will be here in the spring)

Why would you go with a Mustang Dyno and not a Dynojet ?

Tom
1turbofocus,Dec 12 2004, 01:40 AM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 11 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:(our mustang dyno will be here in the spring)

Tom
[right][snapback]74060[/snapback][/right]

how is going with a mustang dyno a bad thing?
1turbofocus,Dec 12 2004, 01:40 AM Wrote:

Tom
[right][snapback]74060[/snapback][/right]

We decided to go with a Mustang Dyno because I feel they are a lot more accurate with the ability to preform loaded-mode diagnostic and performance testing on the vehicle. I find, because of this feature, that MD's provide more accurate simulations of road conditions, allowing me to dial in drivability and WOT a lot better.

I do know there are a lot of people who do not like the software on the MD's. I do not mind it
Nice gains, and still room for improvement. I'll be seeing you in the new year, definately getting it done! B)
silver02svtf,Dec 13 2004, 12:58 PM Wrote:Nice gains, and still room for improvement.  I'll be seeing you in the new year, definately getting it done! B)
[right][snapback]74221[/snapback][/right]

Cool, looking forward to hearing from you.
So, because it's a mustand dyno, does that change the numbers somehow?

Edit: Nevermind...misread the post
SVTmonkey,Dec 13 2004, 12:19 PM Wrote:So, because it's a mustand dyno, does that change the numbers somehow?
[right][snapback]74266[/snapback][/right]

MD, tend to give lower numbers than the dynojet. I'm not sure why though. :unsure:

So how about some feedback guys... curious to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have.

Carey
BrooksZX3,Dec 13 2004, 12:34 PM Wrote:So how about some feedback guys...  curious to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have.

Carey
[right][snapback]74304[/snapback][/right]

Well, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed.

I've seen stock SVT's get better numbers (for max). And Tom's tune with a UDP and Short Ram showed 161hp and 143tq at the wheels, with almost 20hp/tq improvement at 5000rpm.

I really wanted to go through you guys, but unless the numbers improve I can't really justify it.
SVTmonkey,Dec 13 2004, 07:42 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Dec 13 2004, 12:34 PM Wrote:So how about some feedback guys...  curious to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have.

Carey
[right][snapback]74304[/snapback][/right]

Well, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed.

I've seen stock SVT's get better numbers (for max). And Tom's tune with a UDP and Short Ram showed 161hp and 143tq at the wheels, with almost 20hp/tq improvement at 5000rpm.

I really wanted to go through you guys, but unless the numbers improve I can't really justify it.
[right][snapback]74306[/snapback][/right]
Like we said, there is a little bit left to work on (at at the top end), but we did not have time to work on it. We addressed the two main issues with these vehicles...small factory driveability issues and the low to midrange lack of power, which have improved significantly.

You can't compare a tune with a UDP's and a Short Ram air intake to a Bone Stock SVT Focus with a tune and make your decision based on that...also what were the baseline numbers on that vehicle?? If it baselined 5-10hp more then this vehicle (which can easily happen) the end results will be higher. You have to look at the actual gains.

We will be putting UDP's and a short ram air on so we can have tuned numbers of our own to go against tuned numbers of tom's and others.
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 13 2004, 03:52 PM Wrote:We will be putting UDP's and a short ram air on so we can have tuned numbers of our own to go against tuned numbers of tom's and others.
[right][snapback]74312[/snapback][/right]

This is exactly the kind of stuff we want to see. :D
This car did seem to baseline pretty low, especially on the torque.

I do understand that you guys just started and haven't really had much time on it, I'm waiting patiently, I haven't lost hope ;).

I'll be interested in the Short Ram version. Will you guys add the mods one at a time, or just have them all at once?
SVTmonkey,Dec 13 2004, 07:59 PM Wrote:This car did seem to baseline pretty low, especially on the torque.

I do understand that you guys just started and haven't really had much time on it, I'm waiting patiently, I haven't lost hope ;).

I'll be interested in the Short Ram version.  Will you guys add the mods one at a time, or just have them all at once?

Edit: Also, why is that power curve peaking so late...doesnt the tq peak at 5.5 on SVT?
[right][snapback]74315[/snapback][/right]

Yes it did baseline a tad lower then most others "seen online". This is why you can't always compare dyno sheet's and numbers, cause in fact you comparing apples to oranges. A few mods might be different (UDP and Short intake is quite a bit), baseline numbers, etc...this is why you MUST look at the gains from mods, tuning, etc.

I know the next time we get on the dyno, we can pick up a few more ponies up top and get a bit more agressive...this is a VERY conservative tune.

We will put the pulleys on, and dyno the car with and without the tune to show gains from just pulleys and pulleys with the tune. We will then put on the intake and dyno with and without a tune again to show gains that way. We might have to do it in 2 sessions, but we will post everything asap. When I do my testing I ensure conditions are as close to the same for each pull (temp readings, sensor readings, etc)

The gains this stock SVT Focus saw are right in line with where they should be and no reason can be see as to why someone would not choose to run our program.

If you have any more questions, please let me know
Flofocus,Dec 13 2004, 04:30 PM Wrote:
SVTmonkey,Dec 13 2004, 12:19 PM Wrote:So, because it's a mustand dyno, does that change the numbers somehow?
[right][snapback]74266[/snapback][/right]

MD, tend to give lower numbers than the dynojet. I'm not sure why though. :unsure:
[right][snapback]74270[/snapback][/right]

MD's tend to give lower numbers because of the eddy current loading they use. MD's have the ability to put load on the vehicle, simulating road driving....you can do 1/4 runs, launches, different weather simulations, etc.
Looking forward to it! Have fun.
The Dynojet will do all of the above as well as for real world driving contitions and part throttle tuning

The MD is lower because it take TQ and figures the HP where the DynoJet tests HP and figures TQ

The Dynojet needs NOTHING hooked to the car to do a HP run its all figured into the software ,Nothing needs to be but into the dynojet to make a run either IE Rear end gear,Tire size Etc

We also have the bugs 98% worked out and the bench flasher in no longer needed for the Predator to do a flash

Tom
steeda.ca, is the tune done with 91 octane or with 94? i am interested in a tune that use's 94, but with your SCT Flasher package, how many tune are you throwing in? 3 free tunes to fill up the flasher?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14