FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flasher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
That tune is a very CONSERVATIVE tune for 93 octane....

We offer 3 tunes with the Xcalibrators if you choose to have 3, at no additional cost
Tuners:

Have any of you figured out how to disable the traction control fully from the center console? (without disabling ABS).
The switch is in the software to turn it off but it does not affect ABS. It is the same as the mustangs, you will not be able to use the switch on the centre console or turn the traction control back on. There is no other way to do this in a tune.
SVTmonkey,Dec 14 2004, 08:25 PM Wrote:Tuners:

Have any of you figured out how to disable the traction control fully from the center console? (without disabling ABS).
[right][snapback]74565[/snapback][/right]

I haven't tried it, but there's a traction control switch in the scalars, under axle. SCT says it will disable traction control so it never comes on again... I haven't tested on my car, since the advance trac turns off with the push of a button.
It disables it forever...cant be turned back on
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 14 2004, 02:10 PM Wrote:It disables it forever...cant be turned back on
[right][snapback]74579[/snapback][/right]

Well that sucks...I guess I could have a summer tune and a winter tune. I don't really need the TC in the summer.
SVTmonkey,Dec 14 2004, 10:40 PM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 14 2004, 02:10 PM Wrote:It disables it forever...cant be turned back on
[right][snapback]74579[/snapback][/right]

Well that sucks...I guess I could have a summer tune and a winter tune. I don't really need the TC in the summer.
[right][snapback]74598[/snapback][/right]
Can you tune a boosted svt(turbo),say a tune for 94 octane and one for race gas. B)
coolsvt,Dec 14 2004, 11:28 PM Wrote:Can you tune a boosted svt(turbo),say a tune for 94 octane and one for race gas. B)
[right][snapback]74602[/snapback][/right]

Yup, I can tune that for you...you could have a 94 Octane Tune, a 94 Octane Fuel Economy Tune, and a race gas tune for the track (or street :ph34r:)
How do you have a fuel economy turbo tune? That just sounds like trouble.

Also are you datalogging and adjusting a/f/timing that way, or just pulling premade more aggressive programs from the software.
tdot-zx3,Dec 15 2004, 08: Wrote:How do you have a fuel economy turbo tune? That just sounds like trouble.

Also are you datalogging and adjusting a/f/timing that way, or just pulling premade more aggressive programs from the software.
[right][snapback]74716[/snapback][/right]

There are specific parameters to adjust for better fuel economy...just because you have forced induction does not mean the way your car operates should be different.

Every car to leave our shop..from 200-800hp drives and acts like stock.

All of our tunes are custom, no pre made stuff here. If it is for a lower octane, timing is removed to keep detonation from happening

All of the tune's have been data logged, etc with true wideband A/F meters....none of this tail pipe garbage
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 15 2004, 09:45 PM Wrote:etc with true wideband A/F meters....none of this tail pipe garbage

Why do you make such FOOLISH statements ,Makes you almost sound like you dont know what your talking about at times

What is wrong with testing the AF at the tail pipe, before we had the better AF wide band heated o2 we tunered 1000`s of high HP (400 to 1100) cars and most are still running today

Before i went to an onboard o2 my 440HP Focus and many other WERE done at the tail pipe , MANY well known tuners as well as my self still do this

I have tested over 20 wide band heated o2 sensors both in the tail pipe and in a bung welded in and in the #2 o2 hole we havent seen more than a .2 differance from the worst to the best

So maybe in your wise words of wisdom you can tell me what is garbage about it ?

And how many Focus Turbocharged have you datalogged ?

Tom
1turbofocus,Dec 20 2004, 04:50 AM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 15 2004, 09:45 PM Wrote:etc with true wideband A/F meters....none of this tail pipe garbage

Why do you make such FOOLISH statements ,Makes you almost sound like you dont know what your talking about at times

What is wrong with testing the AF at the tail pipe, before we had the better AF wide band heated o2 we tunered 1000`s of high HP (400 to 1100) cars and most are still running today

Before i went to an onboard o2 my 440HP Focus and many other WERE done at the tail pipe , MANY well known tuners as well as my self still do this

I have tested over 20 wide band heated o2 sensors both in the tail pipe and in a bung welded in and in the #2 o2 hole we havent seen more than a .2 differance from the worst to the best

So maybe in your wise words of wisdom you can tell me what is garbage about it ?

And how many Focus Turbocharged have you datalogged ?

Tom
[right][snapback]75498[/snapback][/right]
Tom, it is a proven fact that readings from the tailpipe are skewed because of the cat's and free air readings. There will be less issues of free air being read at WOT, but the air being read will throw off your fuel trims in open and not allow you to dial in the vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with using a tailpipe sniffer if that is your only way for reading A/F, but a wideband 02 sensor before the cats is the best and most accurate method. It has also been proven a wideband 02 sensor after the cats is even more accurate than a tail pipe sniffer.

If you try to claim a tail pipe sniffer is as good as a true wideband 02, you are fooling your self and your customers.
First you say its better before the CAT then you say its better after the CAT

Like i said i have tryed it every way it can be tryed and use everything from 300$ AF to full lamda and have seen for my self little to no differance

How many differant AF meters have you tryed and how many differant ways have you tryed checking your readings ,I spent over a week doing these tests because some one said there was a big differance , And there wasent

Tom
All I am going to say is that you guys represent two known Focus tuner businesses, and to be arguing here doesn't make one look any better than the other.

Sorry, but it had to be said.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2004, 07:23 AM Wrote:All I am going to say is that you guys represent two known Focus tuner businesses, and to be arguing here doesn't make one look any better than the other.

[right][snapback]75563[/snapback][/right]

No kidding.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:All I am going to say is that you guys represent two known Focus tuner businesses, and to be arguing here doesn't make one look any better than the other.

I know it is childish, I am just trying to defend myself as tom takes cheap shots at me as he has been trying all thread

My apologies
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 20 2004, 09:42 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:All I am going to say is that you guys represent two known Focus tuner businesses, and to be arguing here doesn't make one look any better than the other.

I know it is childish, I am just trying to defend myself as tom takes cheap shots at me as he has been trying all thread

My apologies
[right][snapback]75596[/snapback][/right]

I don't think you need to apologize, I would be defending myself as well.

Anyways, any more updates on the tuning?
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 15 2004, 04:45 PM Wrote:...
All of the tune's have been data logged, etc with true wideband A/F meters....none of this tail pipe garbage

I don't think Tom is taking cheap shots when you phrase things like that...a statement like that practically begs for a response from someone who does use that method, no?

if he's done tests that show very little difference...you think it's a cheap shot when he calls you on your "tail pipe garbage" statement?
Marction,Dec 20 2004, 03:12 PM Wrote:I don't think Tom is taking cheap shots when you phrase things like that...a statement like that practically begs for a response from someone who does use that method, no?

if he's done tests that show very little difference...you think it's a cheap shot when he calls you on your "tail pipe garbage" statement?
[right][snapback]75632[/snapback][/right]

You've gotta remember, these guys tune EVERYTHING, from Mustangs to pickups to Focuses. They've got just as much experience, plus the knowledge of the US parent company. I've got quite a bit of faith in everything they've said so far, and they've got my next big purchases.

Anything Meister has said should be no less believed than what Tom says.
No .. re-read .. they havent tuned focus' .... they are just starting now. They just got the software like what, 3 weeks ago? They dont have as much experience tuning a focus as Tom has. No.

Tom has all the right in the world to be cocky. He is at the moment the most reliable and stable source for a tune when it comes to your focus.

Steeda has alot to compete against, but they are local so if they play their cards right, and do less talking and more prooooooving, im sure they will be fine if they play their cards right.

But threads like this just make them look silly IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14