FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flasher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
1turbofocus,Nov 11 2004, 01:02 PM Wrote:One of the things i dont like about SCT is everything is in TICKS if you dont have a Raptor you have a lot of math to do ,Diablo has TICKS and voltage both

All through there software there is math to do ,Look at the Open loop fuel , you cannot just take -10 out you have to remember to do 90 oh wait or was it 110  LOL
math work to do everywhere , where in the diablo all of this is done you want -10 you hit -10 its all done
With the SCT advantage software you can select cells or rows in a table, right click and then do selection operations .. where you can add/delete/multiply/divide the values you've selected..it's super intuitive, even though there's no obvious button there...

but to an extent, you're very right..there is math to do... like the math to set your commanded fuel to a given a/f ratio (in lambdas)... or the math in the ACT, ECT spark modifiers... would be nice to say "set spark back x degrees at y temps" instead of the "add all these values, then figure out what you need to multiply it by at this rpm and that load to get desired spark"... SCT is a step away from calculus in this regard at least..
Exactly , All that is done in AF and there is no math ,nothing to even think about you want 11.8 A/F you put that in the cell and there you go with the Diablo

No lambda, no ticks,no math =Diablo CMR

Im still curious what he feels is in the SCT that he feels will be a safer more reliable tune for the customers tho, Maybe i missed something

Tom
I find SCT's to be more accurate and easier to work with. It is all in the tuners preference in what they like to work with. I prefer SCT's software, hardware, and I get great results with it...better then I did with Diablo

There are many calculators to convert the math for you if you do not want to do it your self.
QUOTE,,I find SCT's to be more accurate and easier to work with. It is all in the tuners preference in what they like to work with. I prefer SCT's software, hardware, and I get great results with it...better then I did with Diablo

***I understand that, what i am asking is , what in the tune files is more accurate in the SCT than in the CMR

How is having to do all the extra math easier to work with

QUOTE,,There are many calculators to convert the math for you if you do not want to do it your self.

**Yes there are , I have and at time for customers use the SCT stuff but if you have to stop and use the calculators this takes time and slows things down

Tom

01-yellow-ZX3

Turbo Tom is on this board??

Cool :)
And again my questions go unanswered

Why is it you cannot or wont answer them

Tom
Again,

When I say more accurate, I mean my results. I never got results with CMR like I do with SCT or like I did with SCT when I first started using it. Maybe its personal preference. I find the car drives better and makes better numbers when using the SCT software.

Takes time and slows thing down. Give me a break. I can finish a car in 2 pulls and I have seen others do 1 pull and the car is done.

You keep picking at small things. Those are my answers. If you dont like em, good for you.
You know, I just have to chime in here after reading this article/argument several times, and the fact of the matter is that as a consumer, who cares. One might be better than the other, but I don't need to hear two people arguing over it on a message board. We just want you to do a great job in tuning our Foci, something that doesn't get done very well, very often. If the two of you have your preferences and methods that you want to fight over, having the customer listen in to your ranting is not very professional, IMO. We are customers, or potential customers of both of you, and having the two of you argue over product on this board seems way out of wack to me.

Just do it right and get the job done. We all want our Focus' to run to the best of their ability.

I think it's worthwhile to hear the debate...actually, this thread is quite interesting.

QUOTE,,the SCT products, software and values are FAR superior to that of Diablo, or any other competitors. The
***What software and values are FAR superior in SCT to Diablo

QUOTE,,SCT Technology is the only one that uses 4 bank technology, Diablo uses 2. SCT comes with better value files for a better horse power gain, improved drivability, etc and Diablo is missing some of these parameters.
***Diablo also uses 4Bank technology, What value files are better in SCT than Diablo and what Parameters are missing in the Diablo that causes the Diablo to make less HP and worse driveability

QUOTE,,A tuner has more control over the EEC with SCT's software then a tuner using Diablo.
***Im a tuner what is in the SCT software that will give me more controle that ISNT in the Diablo

QUOTE,,The main benefir to having a tuner use SCT is the quality of the tune. You will notice more power, better driveability with an SCT program over Diablo
***This is the second time in here you have said this could you please elaborate what is in the SCT that isnt in the Diablo to make this happen ?

QUOTE,,you can access all variables Diablo offers, plus a few more
***If i had SCT what could i tune that isnt offered in the Diablo?

QUOTE,,I PERSONALLY feel SCT's tools give us tuners a better chance of making safe, reliable tunes.
*** How?

QUOTE,,When I say more accurate, I mean my results. Maybe its personal preference. I find the car drives better and makes better numbers when using the SCT software.
***So with everything you have said above are you now saying that all these comments about SCT being better than Diablo is just a personal preferance

QUOTE,, I can finish a car in 2 pulls and I have seen others do 1 pull and the car is done.
***Are you saying that you can fully tune a car on the dyno with only 2 dyno pulls

I am by NO means trying to bust your balls here you have made comments about one product being better and what all better it does , I am asking for answers as to where one product is better as per YOUR claimes ,,I would just like to see you back up some of the things you say SCT has or can do that Diablo cannot from the above list

Tom
1turbofocus,Nov 13 2004, 12:19 AM Wrote:I am asking for answers as to where one product is better as per YOUR claimes ,,I would just like to see you back up some of the things you say SCT has or can do that Diablo cannot from the above list

Tom
I feel SCT's products are better because they get better results. Better results is all I need to determine if something is better or not.

Right now, SCT's main advantage is quicktune 2005. Diablo does not have this....

So all the statements about the SCT being able to tune better

Make better HP ,and better driveability

software and value files being seperior

Diablo missing some of there parameters

A tuner having more controle with the SCT

SCT being able to access more variables

SCT giving tuners a better chance of making safe, reliable tunes.

Now your saying everything you said above is just a personal preferance? So are you saying what you said above isnt true or you dont know

Let me tell you , I have the latest version of the SCT and the CMR there IS NOTHING in one that isnt in the other as for a safe proper reliable tune

You made it look like SCT had things that were in the software,parameters,value files that Diablo does not have that made the SCT do a better, safer, more reliable tune and you know it just isnt true or if you dont know that ,you shouldnt of bashed Diablo making it look like Diablo could not make just as safe and reliable tune as SCT

To everyone else this may of looked like bickering but my point to all of this was most people dont know about parameters and value files or what these 2 tuning companys can realy do ,,All most have to go by is what some one like meister@steeda.ca or my self come in here and say and when you are given misinformation there is no way of making an informed decision other than the way the misinformation tryes to sway your decision

Diablo and SCT are both wonderfull tuning tools they both will do as good a job tuning your car for as the other for a safe, fun, reliable tune

What it WILL come down to is the tuners ability to tune NOT if he is using the Diablo or the SCT

Tom
meister@steeda.ca, i read that you Tuned an SVTF today, how did it go? what kind of gains did you get? do you have any dyno's
any updates?
Turbo Tom,

If we assume that you are correct in that Diablo can get just as good of a tune...(i.e. very similar) why are you charging sooooo much more?!?! I mean, $150 is a lot of money! At this point, I see absolutely no reason why I would pony up the extra money for your tune...any arguments?
SVTmonkey,Nov 15 2004, 12:14 PM Wrote:Turbo Tom,

If we assume that you are correct in that Diablo can get just as good of a tune...(i.e. very similar) why are you charging sooooo much more?!?! I mean, $150 is a lot of money!  At this point, I see absolutely no reason why I would pony up the extra money for your tune...any arguments?
My program was cheaper from Tom than if I bought from Steeda.
AND, you get what your paying for. ;)
Flofocus,Nov 15 2004, 09:29 AM Wrote:

If we assume that you are correct in that Diablo can get just as good of a tune...(i.e. very similar) why are you charging sooooo much more?!?! I mean, $150 is a lot of money!  At this point, I see absolutely no reason why I would pony up the extra money for your tune...any arguments?
Wha?!?!?! Please elaborate...how much did you pay...in CDN $? And how do I order!??! ;)
SVTmonkey,Nov 15 2004, 12:44 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 15 2004, 09:29 AM Wrote:

Wha?!?!?! Please elaborate...how much did you pay...in CDN $? And how do I order!??! ;)
call Tom at 704-827-0032

CMR 2 setting ship for $350. USD.

In total, to my door, came to a little over $550.00 CND, inlcuding Brokerage fees (I think they were between $50-$80) I can't give you the exact price but its right around there....

I ordered a while ago....way before our dollar was doing this good....so it may work out to be cheaper now. ;)
Flo are we back on this 'broken record' syndrome, it was already adressed for you :angry:

Quote:With SCT's stuff and Multiprogram flashers there is a suggested price we all follow and i guess it just became industry standard to include the 3 tunes in that price. If others are discounting products based on the number of tunes we will all follow

Note: duty is included in our price, and our price is a reflection of the US price converted by the current day's rates.

SVTmonkey, if you would like a price, email or pm Meister, then you can make a educated decision ;)

We have postponed my tune until next Sat (20th), if anyone would like to join us please send me a pm.
BrooksZX3,Nov 15 2004, 03:07 PM Wrote:Flo are we back on this 'broken record' syndrome, it was already adressed for you :angry:

Quote:With SCT's stuff and Multiprogram flashers there is a suggested price we all follow and i guess it just became industry standard to include the 3 tunes in that price. If others are discounting products based on the number of tunes we will all follow

Note: duty is included in our price, and our price is a reflection of the US price converted by the current day's rates.

SVTmonkey, if you would like a price, email or pm Meister, then you can make a educated decision ;)

We have postponed my tune until next Sat (20th), if anyone would like to join us please send me a pm.
Relax, just telling him what I paid. :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14