FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flasher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
tdot-zx3,Dec 20 2004, 07: Wrote:No .. re-read .. they havent tuned focus' .... they are just starting now. They just got the software like what, 3 weeks ago? They dont have as much experience tuning a focus as Tom has. No.

Tom has all the right in the world to be cocky. He is at the moment the most reliable and stable source for a tune when it comes to your focus.

Steeda has alot to compete against, but they are local so if they play their cards right, and do less talking and more prooooooving, im sure they will be fine if they play their cards right.

But threads like this just make them look silly IMO.
[right][snapback]75642[/snapback][/right]
We have had Focus Software since the day we became a dealer and were one of the first dealers to recieve the SVT Focus Software and hardware from SCT.

We have tuned a bunch of Zx3's and ZX5's, but no we do not have as much on hand experience with the SVTf's....but we have never had one customer dissapointed with our tuning work for ANY vehicle and have produced some of the fastest car's around....that should speak for itself.

I agree arguing like children is silly, but how you point the blame on us is beyond me.

Our work speaks for itself...always has and always will. Anyone who gets a tune (mail order or custom) by me will not be dissapointed.
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 21 2004, 01:48 AM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Dec 20 2004, 07: Wrote:No .. re-read .. they havent tuned focus' .... they are just starting now. They just got the software like what, 3 weeks ago? They dont have as much experience tuning a focus as Tom has. No.

Tom has all the right in the world to be cocky. He is at the moment the most reliable and stable source for a tune when it comes to your focus.

Steeda has alot to compete against, but they are local so if they play their cards right, and do less talking and more prooooooving, im sure they will be fine if they play their cards right.

But threads like this just make them look silly IMO.
[right][snapback]75642[/snapback][/right]
We have had Focus Software since the day we became a dealer and were one of the first dealers to recieve the SVT Focus Software and hardware from SCT.

We have tuned a bunch of Zx3's and ZX5's, but no we do not have as much on hand experience with the SVTf's....but we have never had one customer dissapointed with our tuning work for ANY vehicle and have produced some of the fastest car's around....that should speak for itself.

I agree arguing like children is silly, but how you point the blame on us is beyond me.

Our work speaks for itself...always has and always will. Anyone who gets a tune (mail order or custom) by me will not be dissapointed.
[right][snapback]75697[/snapback][/right]
To steeda should I get 2001 gt MAF or 2001 cobra MAF for 400whp or I have to go with pro-m 70 MAF B) .
coolsvt,Dec 21 2004, 02:20 AM Wrote:To steeda should I get 2001 gt MAF or 2001 cobra MAF for 400whp or I have to go with pro-m 70 MAF B) .
[right][snapback]75704[/snapback][/right]

you're not working with a focus are you?

400WHP, a 90mm cobra MAF may be handy, but a Pro-M universal would probably work better to make sure you can still idle the thing. honestly, are you shooting for 400WHP on a focus (SVT or not)??

I'd ask what you're planning to do to hit that kind of power... because 91-94 octane on stock SVT internals ain't gonna do it.
If you go back through this whole post the only thing i have responded to was ,In my opinion a lot of MISINFORMATION

Doesent matter who said it and im havent pointed a finger at anyone that didnt say again what i feel was misinformation

Had you rather they run the boards and spew misinformation about many things and no one step in to give there opinions or the other side of the facts

Some one called it childish, I call it needed , This is a Forum and where things should be discused from ALL angles

QUOTE "I know it is childish, I am just trying to defend myself as tom takes cheap shots at me as he has been trying all thread"

**There NOT cheap shots at all there my opinions to your misinformation,Thats a cheap shot , See the differance

There is no doubt that you can tune a car or any car never said other wise and im sure your customers are happy as they should be

Tom
darkpuppet,Dec 21 2004, 12:37 AM Wrote:
coolsvt,Dec 21 2004, 02:20 AM Wrote:To steeda should I get 2001 gt MAF or 2001 cobra MAF for 400whp or I have to go with pro-m 70 MAF B) .
[right][snapback]75704[/snapback][/right]

you're not working with a focus are you?

400WHP, a 90mm cobra MAF may be handy, but a Pro-M universal would probably work better to make sure you can still idle the thing. honestly, are you shooting for 400WHP on a focus (SVT or not)??

I'd ask what you're planning to do to hit that kind of power... because 91-94 octane on stock SVT internals ain't gonna do it.
[right][snapback]75725[/snapback][/right]

Tom's making 326 WHP in a stock SVT-T. 400 should be atainable with some internal adjustments. ;)
Flofocus,Dec 21 2004, 02:12 PM Wrote:Tom's making 326 WHP in a stock SVT-T.  400 should be atainable with some internal adjustments.  ;)
[right][snapback]75751[/snapback][/right]

yeah, but is that on 93 octane? Remember that Tom lives in the land of Octane Eleventybillion. (and I paid my due diligence with the stock internals qualifier :P) .

I'm not saying it's not possible, but anytime someone pipes up and asks, "what size MAF do I need for <roll dice x 100> horsepower", you gotta ask the obvious questions.
CoolSVT has a 2002 SVTF. Tom is making 326 or whatever hp with 2000 octane fuel. IMO those are roller queens.. Talk about 91-94 octane or don't talk at all.

bluetoy,Dec 21 2004, 03:09 PM Wrote:CoolSVT has a 2002 SVTF. Tom is making 326 or whatever hp with 2000 octane fuel. IMO those are roller queens.. Talk about 91-94 octane or don't talk at all.
[right][snapback]75757[/snapback][/right]

I totally agree... Roller queens are no better than carpet queens.

Tom is very fortunate that his normal range for his cars are all within reach of higher octane. My car is tuned safe for 91, meaning I can drive it anywhere in Canada (as I normall do) without worry.

it comes down to what's reasonable for each person's own application I guess.. but having a 300WHP monster that is fenced in by a virtual octane fence isn't what I look for personally and should be considered as a factor when chasing HP.
bluetoy,Dec 21 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:CoolSVT has a 2002 SVTF. Tom is making 326 or whatever hp with 2000 octane fuel. IMO those are roller queens.. Talk about 91-94 octane or don't talk at all.

I think its on a 100 oct, I could be wrong though.
meister@steeda.ca,Dec 21 2004, 01:48 AM Wrote:Our work speaks for itself...always has and always will.  Anyone who gets a tune (mail order or custom) by me will not be dissapointed.
[right][snapback]75697[/snapback][/right]

when you say this, i don't think any 1 person can be disappointed because most, with the SVTF have nothing else to compare it to! obviously we can't compare different dyno's because they all vary from car to car! the only thing we can compare is your dyno charts that you release with the stock tune! anyways, i feel it's very informative for us to read what You and Tom have to say so that we don't get "MisInformation" because alot of us don't have a clue what you guys talk about. also it gives us more insight into where our money should be spent!

btw, do you have anymore updates on the SVTF tune?
Just waiting for the customer to come back for some more mods and then we can update everyone

Flofocus,Dec 21 2004, 04:32 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Dec 21 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:CoolSVT has a 2002 SVTF. Tom is making 326 or whatever hp with 2000 octane fuel. IMO those are roller queens.. Talk about 91-94 octane or don't talk at all.

[right][snapback]75787[/snapback][/right]
400whp that's the max whp I'm shooting for on race gas,but on the street I want 300whp on 94 octane.I 'm going to change my pistons from 10.2:1 to 8.2:1 forged pistons with other internal modifications.

fuel upgrades: 750 cc/min injectors,BAP from kenny bell.

drivetrain upgrades: spec stage 3 with a light weight flywheel, LSD.

FI parts: GT30R with a custom spec, Tial waste gate 38mm,greddy type s blow off valve,greddy electronic boost control type s(works like the old perfect B),plus many parts from turbo tom.

Why I'm doing this project? For fun plus its a new experience,I never had a turbocharged car before.I use to have a supercharged mustang but not that fun in the handling . B)
coolsvt,Dec 21 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:

400whp that's the max whp I'm shooting for on race gas,but on the street I want 300whp on 94 octane.I 'm going to change my pistons from 10.2:1 to 8.2:1 forged pistons with other internal modifications.

FI parts: GT30R with a custom spec, Tial waste gate 38mm,greddy type s blow off valve,greddy electronic boost control type s(works like the old perfect B),plus many parts from turbo tom.

Why I'm doing this project? For fun plus its a new experience,I never had a turbocharged car before.I use to have a supercharged mustang but not that fun in the handling . B)
[right][snapback]75811[/snapback][/right]

Noice!

Let me know when your close to done, I wanna check that out.
coolsvt,Dec 21 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]75811[/snapback][/right]

You should be able to get the power you want with the compression drop. You gonna give me a ride????? Please!!!
bluetoy,Dec 21 2004, 03:09 PM Wrote:CoolSVT has a 2002 SVTF. Tom is making 326 or whatever hp with 2000 octane fuel. IMO those are roller queens.. Talk about 91-94 octane or don't talk at all.

bluetoy, Yours is as roller queen as mine , I just got done with 205 miles this year and 235 miles last year at VIR ,For those that dont know VIR is a 3.2 mile track with very longggggg straights and not another car in my class was faster and there was some 100,000$ cars there

I drive this car daily or my sone does , i chase parts in it and have driven it to the beach a few times 250 miles each way

I get out with this car and use it ,It isnt a car that sits on the dyno and looks good to customers and that i brag on the numbers on, yet never take it out and use it

It has raced in 13 differant states from TX to FL to NH

I use high octane because i like it and its safer for the HP I want to run,

This SVT is now for sale also because im looking for a duratech and would consider some trade as well

Tom
1turbofocus,Dec 21 2004, 06:38 PM Wrote:

bluetoy, Yours is as roller queen as mine , I just got done with 205 miles this year and 235 miles last year at VIR ,For those that dont know VIR is a 3.2 mile track with very longggggg straights and not another car in my class was faster and there was some 100,000$ cars there

I drive this car daily or my sone does , i chase parts in it and have driven it to the beach a few times 250 miles each way

I get out with this car and use it ,It isnt a car that sits on the dyno and looks good to customers and that i brag on the numbers on, yet never take it out and use it

This SVT is now for sale also because im looking for a duratech and would consider some trade as well

Tom
[right][snapback]75829[/snapback][/right]

Tom, we know you use your car as a daily driver... but it's also a matter of perspective. 94 octane is hard enough to find up here at times, could you safely run that kind of horsepower on 91? That's all I ask... daily driven for you would very likely be a dyno queen here. You're just lucky that way :P

Of course, this is a fortunate thread, that the fellow who asked about 400hp seems to know what to look for to make the application work as a whole. So many people seem to disregard all the little things that are required to make that kind of horsepower safely, and that's why all these little 'arguments' seem to break out.

I would love to be in the upper echelons of the horsepower club..maybe when I have a bit more money and/or sponsorship (anyone wanna chip in to make the fastest daily driven zx5 in Canada?).. until then, my expectations on what can be accomplished up here will be conservative.
There is high octane everywhere , As many high HP cars as there must be up there it there just have to find it

What some of the country guys do id buy it 55 Gallons at a time and keep it at there house

I have NEVER been sone where where i couldnt find high octane fuel

But to say that because i use high octane the numbers dont count or thats only a dyno queen is silly

Tom
Going accross the states this summer.... we actually realized .. theres better gas here, then there is in most states. Alot of which 95% of pumps dont have higher then 89!

Theres TONS and TONS of street driven 94 octane civics in toronto. TONS.
darkpuppet,Dec 21 2004, 03:01 PM Wrote:Tom, we know you use your car as a daily driver... but it's also a matter of perspective.  94 octane is hard enough to find up here at times, could you safely run that kind of horsepower on 91?  That's all I ask...  daily driven for you would very likely be a dyno queen here.  You're just lucky that way :P

Of course, this is a fortunate thread, that the fellow who asked about 400hp seems to know what to look for to make the application work as a whole.  So many people seem to disregard all the little things that are required to make that kind of horsepower safely, and that's why all these little 'arguments' seem to break out.

I would love to be in the upper echelons of the horsepower club..maybe when I have a bit more money and/or sponsorship (anyone wanna chip in to make the fastest daily driven zx5 in Canada?).. until then, my expectations on what can be accomplished up here will be conservative.
[right][snapback]75831[/snapback][/right]

Pro Racing Fuels (ontario competition fuels) in streetsville carries high octane fuel if your ever interested in purchasing some. I'm pretty sure you can just get a tank full or you can get them to deliver a 55gal drum of fuel to you.

Other than them i only know of 1 or 2 other suppliers that would carry 100+octane fuel.

We need Sunaco to have a single pump at some of there stations for 100+ octane, much like Unicol76 does in the states (last time i was down there they did atleast)
1turbofocus,Dec 21 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:

Tom
[right][snapback]75829[/snapback][/right]

I say that your cars are dyno queens because you only put up dyno numbers using high octane racing fuel... That is a dyno queen. Why don't you post up numbers of your stuff on 91 gas... Maybe because your numbers aren't that impressive on 91??? Doesn't slickshoes vortech SVTF put out alot more hp than your SVTF on the same 91 fuel??? I think so. Therefore your cars=roller queens. You're just lucky that alot of your potential buyers are younger guys more interested in a dyno sheet than a driver...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14