FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flasher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Flofocus,Nov 15 2004, 12:29 PM Wrote:My program was cheaper from Tom than if I bought from Steeda.
AND, you get what your paying for. ;)
This was my beef Flo. That is what was adressed.
*blows whisle*

Lets break it up...

haha
ha
hahahahahahdahddhahdahhjqjaj
tdot-zx3,Nov 15 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:*blows whisle*

Lets break it up...

haha
ha
hahahahahahdahddhahdahhjqjaj
:lol:

no problem ref, I'm done with this one. :D

B)
BrooksZX3,Nov 15 2004, 12:07 PM Wrote:Flo are we back on this 'broken record' syndrome, it was already adressed for you :angry:

Quote:With SCT's stuff and Multiprogram flashers there is a suggested price we all follow and i guess it just became industry standard to include the 3 tunes in that price. If others are discounting products based on the number of tunes we will all follow

Note: duty is included in our price, and our price is a reflection of the US price converted by the current day's rates.

SVTmonkey, if you would like a price, email or pm Meister, then you can make a educated decision ;)

We have postponed my tune until next Sat (20th), if anyone would like to join us please send me a pm.
Well....I would rather support steeda.ca.....all my previous mods have been through you guys....i sent meister an email...

PS. You guys should open an office in Edmonton ;)
The 9300 Xcalibrator is 450.50 + tax's (15% only if in Ontario). Shipping on this item is around 10-15 bucks. If you are in Ontario, it is just under $520 tax's in and shipping is next to nothing if you do not want to come pick it up. This includes 3 tunes, one more then the diablo.

With tax's, shipped to outside of Ontario you are UNDER $500 bucks. This also includes 1 extra tune then the diablo setup.
SVTmonkey,Nov 15 2004, 08:41 PM Wrote:Well....I would rather support steeda.ca.....all my previous mods have been through you guys....i sent meister an email...

PS. You guys should open an office in Edmonton ;)
You have mail!
meister@steeda.ca,Nov 15 2004, 01:58 PM Wrote:The 9300 Xcalibrator is 450.50 + tax's (15% only if in Ontario). Shipping on this item is around 10-15 bucks. If you are in Ontario, it is just under $520 tax's in and shipping is next to nothing if you do not want to come pick it up. This includes 3 tunes, one more then the diablo.

With tax's, shipped to outside of Ontario you are UNDER $500 bucks. This also includes 1 extra tune then the diablo setup.
Your site says $430.50....this correct?
SVTmonkey,Nov 15 2004, 04:14 PM Wrote:Turbo Tom,

If we assume that you are correct in that Diablo can get just as good of a tune...(i.e. very similar) why are you charging sooooo much more?!?! I mean, $150 is a lot of money! At this point, I see absolutely no reason why I would pony up the extra money for your tune...any arguments?
Very good question

The Diablo Predator has a built in Scan Tool, Data logger, CEL reader and can reset the CEL light

Where else can you buy all that for 150.00 and 6 months worth of free tunes

Tom
1turbofocus,Nov 15 2004, 10:41 PM Wrote:
SVTmonkey,Nov 15 2004, 04:14 PM Wrote:Turbo Tom,

If we assume that you are correct in that Diablo can get just as good of a tune...(i.e. very similar) why are you charging sooooo much more?!?! I mean, $150 is a lot of money!  At this point, I see absolutely no reason why I would pony up the extra money for your tune...any arguments?
Very good question

The Diablo Predator has a built in Scan Tool, Data logger, CEL reader and can reset the CEL light

Where else can you buy all that for 150.00 and 6 months worth of free tunes

Tom
you're shitting me, right?

:o

man..where was that while I was shopping around for a better tuning tool...

[edit]..haha.. sorry, $150 more , not $150 base price for the predator[/edit]

original statement left for does of humility
wow....I really missed what was going on in this thread!!! 8 pages!!!!... and we've got turbotom on the board!!! crazyness!

so I dont know if you would consider this off topic, but I am looking for something to tune my car....and you guys seem to be having a debate about diablo vs sct....well, I am not very picky on which I use, but I have a tunning related question. Have you ever seen a focus go super lean when it warms up? my air fuel ratios are around 13.5 to 14.5 on startup, and until the car gets warm, then it goes all the way to 20:1!!! should the sct or diablo be able to fix this? it seems like a big jump from open loop to closed loop, is that normal, or does that sound like there is a problem?

at wide open when warmed up it goes to about 15:1.

where should the air/fuel ratios be for all motor(normal driving and wide open throttle)?
in closed loop mode (partial throttle), the car should always be hunting for stoich (sp?) a/f... or 14.64 somethin' or other. (1 lambda hehe)..

in open loop, most people seem to aim for 12's... 12-12.6 (.86lambda in my tune)

15 is supa lean...

I know that the commanded fuel tables should determine your a/f, and my tune shoots for 1 lambda at < 400 throttle position, then .86 any higher, up to 4000RPM, then goes for .82 lambda higher than that. .86= 12.6, .82 = 12.0

and my car hits that on the head.

At idle, your vehicle should be reading 14.6.

When the engine is cold, it wont use the base fuel table. Any tuner will fix your issues for you.

At WOT on a N/A motor, you can get closer to 13.0 and forced induction vehicles you will want to richen it up to about 11.8-12.0
Bump, i know you guys did a dyno yesterday..... so let us in on the info... what kinda #'s did you pull and how does your ababy run now?
SLIP STREAM SVT,Nov 21 2004, 06:44 PM Wrote:Bump, i know you guys did a dyno yesterday..... so let us in on the info... what kinda #'s did you pull and how does your ababy run now?
[right][snapback]70909[/snapback][/right]

I'm interested too. If the gains are worthwhile...you'll have another customer here ;) .
silver02svtf,Nov 21 2004, 08:33 PM Wrote:
SLIP STREAM SVT,Nov 21 2004, 06:44 PM Wrote:Bump, i know you guys did a dyno yesterday..... so let us in on the info... what kinda #'s did you pull and how does your ababy run now?
[right][snapback]70909[/snapback][/right]

I'm interested too. If the gains are worthwhile...you'll have another customer here ;) .
[right][snapback]70930[/snapback][/right]

We'll be posting the dyno sheets this week!! ;)
my two cents. tom flashed my svtf race car this weekend at vir. no dyno, but my butt knows my car. i am on track about 25 days a year. my god is all i have to say. on the back straight at vir there is a hill about 2000 feet into it. used to run 4th up the hill and fifth on the downside. after the flash i was redlining 4th halfway up. in a straight line i caught a friend in his turbo car, which has never happened before on a straight. was eating up 3 series on the straights-etc etc. nice addition (and yes a legal mod for racing). thanks tom!!! :D
^^^Kool...........And all he charged you was $150????

I don't get the huge price difference?

no it was 495 american, but worth it. i race in an impossible class. this is one of the few allowable mods for the engine. top end did not feel different but out of slower corners, my god. just watched some vid i shot on track yesterday. in a 30 minute session, i caught a 1st gen mr3, race prepped, and lapped him twice. i can see the improvement coming out onto the climbing esses and oak tree also. also never ran through turn ten in 5th before yesterday.
garyk,Nov 22 2004, 11:39 AM Wrote:no it was 495 american, but worth it. i race in an impossible class. this is one of the few allowable mods for the engine. top end did not feel different but out of slower corners, my god. just watched some vid i shot on track yesterday. in a 30 minute session, i caught a 1st gen mr3, race prepped, and lapped him twice. i can see the improvement coming out onto the climbing esses and oak tree also. also never ran through turn ten in 5th before yesterday.
[right][snapback]71013[/snapback][/right]

Can you stop praising these damn things? I can't afford it yet... ;) lol
trust me, i couldn't either. but after tom let me try the flash, i got out the secret (from the wifr) credit card!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14