FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
A win is a win is a win.

At least last time I checked.
OAC_Sparky,Feb 10 2008, 02:35 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 10 2008, 12:19 AM Wrote:The gloating continues. :D
[right][snapback]257732[/snapback][/right]
I have a saying, that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

And the Leafs is a team chock full of blind squirrels.

Hell, the first goal wasn't even a shot on net, and the last was on a goalie with no stick.
[right][snapback]257734[/snapback][/right]

Being a leaf's fan means that you know the meaning of, "even bad sex is good sex".

Doesn't matter if she was asleep, or if her hand was placed in front of the goal.. if you get it in the hole, it counts!
Ya know Nef, I haven't seen Fraser around so far this season. Unless they're keeping him away from Buffalo (we all hate him), or just not refing any other games I get to watch.

The Alumni game was pretty cool.. Saw some great players, and it was just a really good atmosphere. I'm putting the pics up on facebook now. Unfortuantely, my camera fairly sucks for taking close up action shots, so a lot of them are blurry :(

Looks like you can view pics on facebook without having an account.. so here ya go:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1423...26&id=510583632
Oh that mental midget (Fraser) is still working games, hell, we've had him for a few Leafs games this season and he proves his incomptenance every time he shows his head :anger:

Wednesday night, TSN HD, 5.1 surround sound, it don't get much better than this :)

NefCanuck
Any one see the Zitnik injury.

yikes.
Zednik... yeah I was morbid enough to look it up on youtube today.. eww!

I thought it was Zhitnik when I heard about it this morning..

Still not nearly as gory as Malarchuk though.. but damn...

I'm really glad that he is ok.. with his heart rate up so high being on the ice, that must have been a lot of blood pumping out of there :(
NefCanuck,Feb 10 2008, 11:46 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Feb 10 2008, 03:19 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Feb 10 2008, 03:12 PM Wrote:As an Oakville Ford worker, I have an extensive collection of excuses from Maple Leaf fans dating back to '92 to draw from.

At least this season wasn't Cujo's/Murphy's/Gill's/Burn's/Quinn's fault. :lol:
[right][snapback]257753[/snapback][/right]
don't forget the Ref who missed the call on Gretsky :lol:
[right][snapback]257756[/snapback][/right]

Kerry Fraser (and yes, I still want that moron's head on a pike nearly 15 years after the screwjob :P )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]257762[/snapback][/right]
not sure if you can see this or not, it might be too small but i caught this on wiki once :lol:
[Image: nazifraseryw8.png]
That Wiki wasn't done by a Leafs fan, note the distinct lack of mention of "The Gretzky Screwjob" <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2008, 08:59 PM Wrote:That Wiki wasn't done by a Leafs fan, note the distinct lack of mention of "The Gretzky Screwjob" <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]257809[/snapback][/right]
Check again under famous controversial calls :lol:

i caught it last year i think after he effed us over yet again. It was removed 10 minutes later, boy wiki is fast :lol:
ANTHONYD,Feb 11 2008, 04:54 PM Wrote:Any one see the Zitnik injury.

yikes.
[right][snapback]257794[/snapback][/right]

you had to be at the gym when they showed the replay on TV -- half the cardio room gagged, the other exclaimed, "JESUS!", and one guy (not even a girl) passed out...

that's the risk you take when you do cardio during the 6 o'clock news...
That's one YouTube clip I'm taking pains to avoid

Hell, back in the day I saw Malarchuk the Buffalo goalie get his throat slashed with a skate live on TV and nearly puked :ph34r:

NefCanuck
The playe dit in slow mo on TSN, the amount of blood that came out and so fast....ugh, I caught myself guarding my neck with my hand and in shock...

Very scary to watch, they should of called the game.
I know others have seen "worse" but that has to be the single-worst hockey injury I've ever seen.
NefCanuck,Feb 12 2008, 04:28 PM Wrote:That's one YouTube clip I'm taking pains to avoid

Hell, back in the day I saw Malarchuk the Buffalo goalie get his throat slashed with a skate live on TV and nearly puked :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]257864[/snapback][/right]

I think that was the goalie who's career ended shortly thereafter as he suffered severe post traumatic stress syndrome from his injury.

I hope Zitnik is able to bounce back from his injury.
He already asked the Dr when he can start training with the team. :o
Hey guys

montreal is tied with ottawa

GO HABS GO!!!!!
Watching the Leafs game tonight, we'll see, with all the rumours floating around this team ATM this may be the last game we see this crew together (Hell, even Antropov is getting sniffs and though I love the guy when he's healthy, he has a bad tendancy not being able to stay that way :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
what a game! :blink:

Down 5-0, come back and win it in the shootout 6-5.

GO HABS GO :P :lol:
Should we start an "OFFICIAL" trade deadline thread?
I'll be watching it closely!
Christ this is annoying <_<

Now the Leafs start playing like they know what the hell they're doing and it's like "WTH were you dipsticks doing before this?"

Man, I never realized how nasty the Jackets were... that hit Nash laid on Kaberle at the start of the game.... Kaberle stuck to the boards like that for what seemed like a full second before falling down the boards like a bug smear on a windshield :ph34r:

Then all the whacks they took at Steen... I was wondering if Steen had done something to one of the Jackets players during the warmup or something :huh:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22