FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
oldeguy,Mar 12 2008, 07:58 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Mar 11 2008, 11:26 PM Wrote:Don't you just wish they'd pull the bandage off quick instead of dragging out the torture?
[right][snapback]259807[/snapback][/right]
If they did that, all us Leaf Fans would become just your average dull, Torontonian. By prolonging the eventual, we are a "people of passion", sometimes way up there, most of the time way down in the dumps. Kinda like a love affair.
[right][snapback]259814[/snapback][/right]

And besides, they have to get the season ticket renewals in before they can really throw in the towel.

Now, if we planned to go to Buffalo to watch a game, I'm sure they'd find a way to be out of the playoffs before we got there.....
Too much Leaf talk.

Who's in first in the east? Go Habs Go! :D

The one thing that a Leafs fan and a Habs fan can agree on... It's fun to watch the fall of the Senators. :lol:

Ryan
reldridge,Mar 12 2008, 09:56 AM Wrote:Too much Leaf talk.

The one thing that a Leafs fan and a Habs fan can agree on... It's fun to watch the fall of the Senators.  :lol:

Ryan
[right][snapback]259824[/snapback][/right]
Leaf Fan first, Canadiens Fan second. Senators Fan, never. Yes, it's nice to see Ottawa "tank" Let's hope Montreal goes all the way. ( Since the Leafs won't :( )
OAC_Sparky,Mar 11 2008, 10:26 PM Wrote:Don't you just wish they'd pull the bandage off quick instead of dragging out the torture?

Hey, belief is one part passion and one part insanity... Guess which part I'm clinging to at the moment? :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Mar 12 2008, 08:37 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 12 2008, 07:58 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Mar 11 2008, 11:26 PM Wrote:Don't you just wish they'd pull the bandage off quick instead of dragging out the torture?
If they did that, all us Leaf Fans would become just your average dull, Torontonian. By prolonging the eventual, we are a "people of passion", sometimes way up there, most of the time way down in the dumps. Kinda like a love affair.
[right][snapback]259814[/snapback][/right]

And besides, they have to get the season ticket renewals in before they can really throw in the towel.

Now, if we planned to go to Buffalo to watch a game, I'm sure they'd find a way to be out of the playoffs before we got there.....
[right][snapback]259823[/snapback][/right]

Geez, way to remind me of that game in Buffalo two years ago DP <_<

I swear that Sabres mascot was practicaly bouncing seeing me in my Leafs jersey with that "Playoffs? Nope!" sign :P

I feel like going back down there at the next Leafs/Sabres tilt March 21 with a sign that reads "Sabres & Playoffs? NOPE!" :D

NefCanuck
reldridge,Mar 12 2008, 08:56 AM Wrote:Too much Leaf talk.

The one thing that a Leafs fan and a Habs fan can agree on... It's fun to watch the fall of the Senators.  :lol:

Ryan
[right][snapback]259824[/snapback][/right]

Oh I'll agree that its fun to watch the Senators implode. Finally that smug little creep Alfredsson's ain't flapping his yap so much :P

As to the Habs.... Gainey thinks that Price is the second coming of Ken Dryden... I think Gainey hit his head on the ice one too many times as a player :lol:

NefCanuck
I wasn't so sure about price either, but he's proving all of us wrong, and I'm glad :)

The kid play smuch better with a gun at his temple, thats for sure. ;)

GO HABS GO!! THE CUP IS COMING HOME :D :o :D
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:Hey, belief is one part passion and one part insanity... Guess which part I'm clinging to at the moment? :ph34r: :lol:
[right][snapback]259830[/snapback][/right]
You should have had me install padded walls in your Focus when you were over, Daniel. ;)
OAC_Sparky,Mar 12 2008, 10:31 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:Hey, belief is one part passion and one part insanity... Guess which part I'm clinging to at the moment? :ph34r: :lol:
[right][snapback]259830[/snapback][/right]
You should have had me install padded walls in your Focus when you were over, Daniel. ;)
[right][snapback]259835[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: but that's extra weight! and weight is the enemy! :D

(Gonna be watching tonight's Leafs/Flyers tilt hanging from the ceiling at this rate :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
What a game last night!
too bad they couldn't do it in regular time.

Props to Maurice for pulling toskala with 2:00 left in regulation with atie on the board!

I always knew he had balls.
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2008, 10:20 AM Wrote:Geez, way to remind me of that game in Buffalo two years ago DP <_<

I swear that Sabres mascot was practicaly bouncing seeing me in my Leafs jersey with that "Playoffs?  Nope!" sign :P

I feel like going back down there at the next Leafs/Sabres tilt March 21 with a sign that reads "Sabres & Playoffs? NOPE!" :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]259832[/snapback][/right]

I didn't see anything wrong with the game at all!

[Image: sabres60.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Mar 12 2008, 11:04 AM Wrote:What a game last night!
too bad they couldn't do it in regular time.

Props to Maurice for pulling toskala with 2:00 left in regulation with atie on the board!

I always knew he had balls.
[right][snapback]259841[/snapback][/right]

Which is why I foam at the mouth every time that the calls for Maurice's head on a pike come out <_<

Maurice is a good coach but you have to have talent and players willing to play for you.

Now the players are willing because they know that if they aren't they'll be shipped out at season's end to Nashville for a shaved monkey and a bag of pucks in return ;)

NefCanuck
Just in case some of you dont know:

Montreal is in 1st place, leafs are in 12th. :P :rofl:
Flofocus,Mar 12 2008, 01:24 PM Wrote:Just in case some of you dont know:

Montreal is in 1st place, leafs are in 12th.  :P  :rofl:
[right][snapback]259865[/snapback][/right]
Only in the East. 3rd overall and still 11 points behind Detroit (who also have a game in hand).

And I don't see the hand-wringing of Leaf Fans over the Sen's record. Last I checked they're actually MAKING the playoffs....
OAC_Sparky,Mar 12 2008, 01:53 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Mar 12 2008, 01:24 PM Wrote:Just in case some of you dont know:

Montreal is in 1st place, leafs are in 12th.  :P  :rofl:
[right][snapback]259865[/snapback][/right]
Only in the East. 3rd overall and still 11 points behind Detroit (who also have a game in hand).

And I don't see the hand-wringing of Leaf Fans over the Sen's record. Last I checked they're actually MAKING the playoffs....
[right][snapback]259868[/snapback][/right]

Bah, the Sens can make the playoffs all they want, they just can't close the deal :D (I mean seriously, the way they're imploding this year? If the Senators actually win a round I think I'll faint :lol:)

NefCanuck
I feel really really dirty right now... but GO LEAFS GO!
only because the Flyers need to start losing.

and now, I shall go scrub myself down with steel wool soaked in alcohol.
torradan,Mar 12 2008, 07:08 PM Wrote:I feel really really dirty right now... but GO LEAFS GO!
only because the Flyers need to start losing.

and now, I shall go scrub myself down with steel wool soaked in alcohol.
[right][snapback]259897[/snapback][/right]
:postpics:
and the Leafs just refuse to give up :D (Though Sundin went out after one period :ph34r:)

NefCAnuck
NefCanuck,Mar 12 2008, 09:39 PM Wrote:and the Leafs just refuse to give up :D (Though Sundin went out after one period :ph34r:)

NefCAnuck
[right][snapback]259903[/snapback][/right]
We'll see how good?/bad The Leafs play now.........GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!
Leafs are disgraceful, they play totally awesome the last 15 games when all year they showed no heart no drive no determination, and lack luster play, how many goals did they give up in the last minute of each game and period?

Now all of a sudden we get a chance to get a high pick (Wendel Clark anyone?) because of their s*** ass play all season, and NOW they have to start playing like heroes when they have no pressure.

So we are just destined to finish 9th-10th with their stellar play with the last half month to go, so we get no playoffs, no good pick, just some 20 odd games of awesome hockey, hockey they should have been playing all year. Instead we get 60 games of s***, and 20 games of brilliance. Leaf fans should feel cheated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22