FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
OAC_Sparky,Mar 26 2008, 10:22 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 25 2008, 10:20 AM Wrote:Wait 'til next year........................ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :blink:
[right][snapback]260570[/snapback][/right]
MEGA :1repost:
[right][snapback]260639[/snapback][/right]
Probably will do the same next year too!!! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 12:18 PM Wrote:I need to be honest here.
I get more pleasure watching the SENS tank than anything else.
These guys are imploding beautifully.

By the way.
I have Golds for tonight. :P
It will either be an incredible night or a VERY disappointing one. The last time I saw the Leafs play the Bruins live, we got blown out 6-0.
[right][snapback]260577[/snapback][/right]
No more Bruins games for you............6-0 the first time, 6-2 last night, maybe you should go to Sens games in Ottawa, and pass on your "luck" to the Senators.
torradan,Mar 26 2008, 07:06 AM Wrote:Well you had pretty close to deja-vu last night!

Not that I can gloat, we got beat like bitches last night too :(

Wondering if the Leafs/Sabres captains are going over the rosters now to make some foursomes for golf
[right][snapback]260632[/snapback][/right]

Honestly if the weather allowed it, they would be planning for it for prior to their meeting next Tuesday :lol:

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Mar 26 2008, 09:28 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 12:18 PM Wrote:I need to be honest here.
These guys are imploding beautifully.

By the way.
I have Golds for tonight. :P
It will either be an incredible night or a VERY disappointing one. The last time I saw the Leafs play the Bruins live, we got blown out 6-0.
No more Bruins games for you............6-0 the first time, 6-2 last night, maybe you should go to Sens games in Ottawa, and pass on your "luck" to the Senators.
[right][snapback]260642[/snapback][/right]

Jesus yeah, hell maybe Anthony should give his tickets to me, seeing as how every time I've gone the Leafs win (Hell Belak even scored a goal last time v. Nashville :lol:)

As to the Sens: Like watching a car crash, except you WANT to watch this one :D

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Mar 26 2008, 08:10 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Mar 26 2008, 08:27 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 11:18 AM Wrote:I need to be honest here.

Spoken like a true Leafs fan.... :lol:
[right][snapback]260633[/snapback][/right]

If you had ANY idea what it is like to root for a team who continues to lose....and badly, you'd begin to see why I get great pleasure in this.
[right][snapback]260637[/snapback][/right]

Hey I used to be a Jets fan when they existed here...I know pretty well how that goes. ;) I think the only difference between the Jets and the Leafs was that the Jets lost money AND games badly where as the Leafs just loose games badly but make plenty of money. :D
So, As a Leaf fan, to salvage something out of this too short, but too long, of a season, can I dream that the Leafs will be the team to relegate the Senators to the golf course? B)
It's gonna be a throwdown extraordinaire tonight at my place - Leafs vs. Geriatrics in 92" of HDTV glory! Can't wait - the Bud's already chilling!
All I have to say is
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and....

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 3 2008, 02:41 PM Wrote:in 92" of HDTV glory!
[right][snapback]261155[/snapback][/right]

I didn't know they made TV's that big... :blink: That's a huuuuuuge b!tch!
Projector in my living room, bud. :) Double the screen size of a 50-ish anything for about 1/2 the cash, really. Great deal if you have the room for it.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 3 2008, 02:49 PM Wrote:Projector in my living room, bud. :) Double the screen size of a 50-ish anything for about 1/2 the cash, really. Great deal if you have the room for it.
[right][snapback]261160[/snapback][/right]

Key words being "If you have the room"

In my pad a 50" Sony Grand Wega DLP LCD TV is more than acceptable, esp. when paired with a Denon AVR 3808 CI & Tannoy HT speaker set :lol:

Hope the Sens like crow, 'cause that's all they're gettin' to eat :D

NefCanuck
Well I guess its time for me to pick a new team for the remainder of the season. I just dunno what team now! Wife has chosen sides with the Habs.. I think I may have to go with Detroit.

Damn the Sabres for drawing it out to the very end.

As someone said on one of the Sabres forums... they were like a turd that just wouldn't flush.

Same here, twas a disgusting deal last night for the Leafs. They just gave up, including Toskala (after about 4-5 goals).

The new kids tho... wow! I'd like to see most of them back next year for sure! Bell, Moore, Tlusty, Stralman - they all impressed me last night with the way they refused to give up! And Bell's hit on Alfredsson? WOW! :blink:

The Alfredsson hit:

I actually ordered LeafsTV last night for a whopping 2.49 for the month - cheapest seats in the house! The local Galaxy was playing the game as well but we know what that would have costed - two admissions, plus food/pop... meh. We had our own "front row seats" last night and it was great! Except for the losing part... :(
Well I guess we'll see about Bell. He's been playing with that cage over his face, so maybe he is just warming up for what is waiting for him at the end of the season.. hehe

The Leafs do have some decent young talent going on. I hope that the Leafs organization doesn't destroy them.

I was gonna go out with the wife to watch the game since we don't get LaffTV here.. but she was tired.

I would have liked to have seen the game though. Although the pain & suffering of me wearing my Sabres stuff at the bar may have been brutal, considering we lost :( Boo.
Aside from Bell absolutely CRUSHING Alfredsson, that game was a snapshot in minature of why the Leafs' season went down in flaming wreckage.

Too many stupid unforced errors and dumb penalties let the Sens walk away with two points when frankly for the most part the way they played this season, the Sens deserved no points at all.

Dunno, I'll certainly watch the playoffs, see what Crosby & Malkin can do in the East, but can't find any real solid rooting interest...

NefCanuck
Go Habs Go !!!! first round vs Bruins .... we should win :).

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_4vdD_xRw
Quote:I'M A HABS FAN SO....
I like boys...I like boys... lotsa lotsa naked boys

OH Habs are fags so I must be too.
So I will sing my song to you.......

Olé Habs Suck....
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

here we go boys, tighten the chin straps the playoffs are here!!!

gotta love canadian coverage, 4 games on every night!!!

edit:

GO HABS!!!
GO AVS!!!!!
Hey Ottawa? I hear a steamroller warming up, driven by mad Penguins! :D

and the Pens score first! :D

NefCanuck
tsn.ca has the avs-wild game streaming if you dont have the alternate digital feed like me (stupid cogeco!!!)
Go Leafs Go!!!!!.....................................oh, uh, nevermind. I think the failure of the Leafs to make the playoffs...........again <_< is a secret government conspiracy to battle separatism, 'cause most Leaf fans will unite with our brothers from Quebec to cheer for the Canadiens :o
Let's hear a GO WINGS GO for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22