FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
My prediction for the finals, the team from the west will start with D. the team from the east will start with P
oldeguy,May 6 2008, 08:12 AM Wrote:My prediction for the finals, the team from the west will start with D. the team from the east will start with P
[right][snapback]263674[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Dude, that's like predicting the sun will rise in the east and set in the west :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 6 2008, 11:45 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 6 2008, 08:12 AM Wrote:My prediction for the finals, the team from the west will start with D. the team from the east will start with P
[right][snapback]263674[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Dude, that's like predicting the sun will rise in the east and set in the west :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]263695[/snapback][/right]
I'm not much of a gambler....................
It's just funny, both teams in each conference start with the same intial.
According to TSN. Paul Maurice has been fired as coach of the Toronto Maple Loafs
oldeguy,May 7 2008, 11:06 AM Wrote:According to TSN. Paul Maurice has been fired as coach of the Toronto Maple Loafs
[right][snapback]263762[/snapback][/right]

Really? He was the only thing about the leafs worth watching....
Yup.
He's toast.
too bad too.
It's not his fault the team is s***.

I expect the other shoe to drop on the rest of the bums in the near future.
I wonder if Tucker has thought about what he's gonna do with the 2 million dollar cheque coming his way?
darkpuppet,May 7 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 7 2008, 11:06 AM Wrote:According to TSN. Paul Maurice has been fired as coach of the Toronto Maple Loafs
[right][snapback]263762[/snapback][/right]

Really? He was the only thing about the leafs worth watching....
[right][snapback]263764[/snapback][/right]

much like Kimi Raikkonen racing in a Yugo
^-- and yet nobody blames the Yugo....
Maurice got sacrificed so that the new GM, whoever they are can start however they want.

This leads me to two possible reasons for the timing of the firing:

1) They have a new GM close to signing a deal and the new guy didn't want to be the hatchet man on Maurice because Marice's stock in Toronto is still damn high...

2) I've heard that "some" of the players have had issues with Maurice, now the fact that he got canned, suggests to me anyways that those players who had issue with Maurice are still in the Leafs long term plans...

..and so the ferris wheels turns...

NefCanuck
Yeah, now it's players that had problems with Maurice; before that, players had problems with Quinn, before that, people had problems with Burns.

Yet Scotty Bowman, probably one of the smartest but take no bulls*** coaches in NHL history, had plenty of problems with players and still both the coach and the players still won multiple Stanley Cups.

There's no excuse that a team like Toronto can't make it into the playoffs three straight years; it indicates a problem way deeper than just the coach. Too bad they just can't fire the whole team.
OAC_Sparky,May 8 2008, 01:34 PM Wrote:Yeah, now it's players that had problems with Maurice; before that, players had problems with Quinn, before that, people had problems with Burns.

Yet Scotty Bowman, probably one of the smartest but take no bulls*** coaches in NHL history, had plenty of problems with players and still both the coach and the players still won multiple Stanley Cups.

There's no excuse that a team like Toronto can't make it into the playoffs three straight years; it indicates a problem way deeper than just the coach. Too bad they just can't fire the whole team.
[right][snapback]263921[/snapback][/right]
Leafs need to fire the Board of Directors............maybe Bascilli? should buy them, at least he can skate, to quote Bill Waters. New Owner, new President, new General Manager, new Coach, different players, except Toskala.

Oh, and I hope Detroit beats the $%$%^&^ out of Dallas. A Detroit/Pittsburgh final would be nice to see.
yeah..they need to turn the arena over and give it a good shake...
<--------------------------- GO WINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darkpuppet,May 8 2008, 01:41 PM Wrote:yeah..they need to turn the arena over and give it a good shake...
[right][snapback]263927[/snapback][/right]
Post the video when you get it :blink: :o :lol:
Just wanted to point out to Leaf fans that hockey is still in season... :banger:
OAC_Sparky,May 19 2008, 10:40 PM Wrote:Just wanted to point out to Leaf fans that hockey is still in season... :banger:
[right][snapback]264655[/snapback][/right]
Hockey has traditionally been a WINTER sport. Leafs are traditionists...I guess.
It's Golf season now, but, if you want to watch a winter sport go ahead.

By the way, it should be a good Final. Steeltown versus Motown. Although, I'm sure we won't hear the end of it, I think Motown will prevail.
oldeguy,May 20 2008, 09:44 AM Wrote:It's Golf season now, but, if you want to watch a winter sport go ahead.[right][snapback]264664[/snapback][/right]
Hey, I just returned Friday from a week at a Pennsylvania golf resort, so right now I'm 7 18-hole rounds into the golf season already.

See, unlike some teams, I can handle BOTH hockey and golf at the same time. Not just one or the other, lol. :ph34r:
OAC_Sparky,May 19 2008, 09:40 PM Wrote:Just wanted to point out to Leaf fans that hockey is still in season... :banger:
[right][snapback]264655[/snapback][/right]

Enjoy it while you can, I forsee the Wings getting the snot pounded out of them by the Pens. The Wings may have the Wizard of Oz (Osgood) but the Pens Dynamic Duo are gonna walk all over him like a welcome mat.

NefCanuck
Pens in 5. Nuff said.
im looking at tickets right now and gonna try and get to game 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22