FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Jebus... I think the Sabres all got new golf clubs and are eager to give them a spin.

How embarassing. I ended up turning the game off just into the third period. Missed all 3 goals (not like it matters, they still got walloped).

At this point I'd rather watch the special olympics hockey teams play. They'd at least play with heart, give 110% of themselves, and want to be on the ice.

torradan,Mar 13 2008, 07:15 AM Wrote:Jebus... I think the Sabres all got new golf clubs and are eager to give them a spin.

How embarassing.  I ended up turning the game off just into the third period.  Missed all 3 goals (not like it matters, they still got walloped).

At this point I'd rather watch the special olympics hockey teams play.  They'd at least play with heart, give 110% of themselves, and want to be on the ice.
[right][snapback]259912[/snapback][/right]
Maybe you should change your Avatar to a Leafs insignia :lol:
:lol:
crazikev,Mar 12 2008, 11:28 PM Wrote:Leafs are disgraceful, they play totally awesome the last 15 games when all year they showed no heart no drive no determination, and lack luster play, how many goals did they give up in the last minute of each game and period?

Now all of a sudden we get a chance to get a high pick (Wendel Clark anyone?) because of their s*** ass play all season, and NOW they have to start playing like heroes when they have no pressure.

So we are just destined to finish 9th-10th with their stellar play with the last half month to go, so we get no playoffs, no good pick, just some 20 odd games of awesome hockey, hockey they should have been playing all year. Instead we get 60 games of s***, and 20 games of brilliance.  Leaf fans should feel cheated.
[right][snapback]259908[/snapback][/right]

Meh, as good as Stamkos is supposed to be (and from what I've seen of him, its pretty damn good) I'm frankly leery of basing a turnaround to consistent play only on the back of one player. Even Sidney wouldn't be as good without the cast around him to take the pressure off.

Besides, look at the L.A. Kings, they've had decent draft picks for years and they still suck harder than a vacuum cleaner :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Mar 13 2008, 09:38 AM Wrote:Maybe you should change your Avatar to a Leafs insignia :lol:

Ouch. You wound me.

I'll stick with the blue & gold losers thanks!
torradan,Mar 13 2008, 11:15 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 13 2008, 09:38 AM Wrote:Maybe you should change your Avatar to a Leafs insignia :lol:

Ouch. You wound me.

I'll stick with the blue & gold losers thanks!
[right][snapback]259933[/snapback][/right]
Don't worry, after 41 years you get used to the pain...................... :(
NefCanuck,Mar 13 2008, 10:53 AM Wrote::lol:
crazikev,Mar 12 2008, 11:28 PM Wrote:Leafs are disgraceful, they play totally awesome the last 15 games when all year they showed no heart no drive no determination, and lack luster play, how many goals did they give up in the last minute of each game and period?

Now all of a sudden we get a chance to get a high pick (Wendel Clark anyone?) because of their s*** ass play all season, and NOW they have to start playing like heroes when they have no pressure.

So we are just destined to finish 9th-10th with their stellar play with the last half month to go, so we get no playoffs, no good pick, just some 20 odd games of awesome hockey, hockey they should have been playing all year. Instead we get 60 games of s***, and 20 games of brilliance.  Leaf fans should feel cheated.
[right][snapback]259908[/snapback][/right]

Meh, as good as Stamkos is supposed to be (and from what I've seen of him, its pretty damn good) I'm frankly leery of basing a turnaround to consistent play only on the back of one player. Even Sidney wouldn't be as good without the cast around him to take the pressure off.

Besides, look at the L.A. Kings, they've had decent draft picks for years and they still suck harder than a vacuum cleaner :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]259931[/snapback][/right]

Truer words have ever been spoken.
Congratulations to the Montreal Canadiens for being the first team in the East to clinch a playoff spot.
the great thing about being a leaf's fan is that you never waste any of that beautiful spring weather indoors
^^ oh so true Puppet, oh so true.
darkpuppet,Mar 25 2008, 09:30 AM Wrote:the great thing about being a leaf's fan is that you never waste any of that beautiful spring weather indoors
[right][snapback]260559[/snapback][/right]
Wait 'til next year........................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:
oldeguy,Mar 25 2008, 10:20 AM Wrote:Wait 'til next year........................ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :blink:
[right][snapback]260570[/snapback][/right]

why, Farmer's Almanac calling for longer than usual winter?
darkpuppet,Mar 25 2008, 10:27 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 25 2008, 10:20 AM Wrote:Wait 'til next year........................ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :blink:

why, Farmer's Almanac calling for longer than usual winter?
[right][snapback]260571[/snapback][/right]
No, that was this year. :unsure:
I need to be honest here.
I get more pleasure watching the SENS tank than anything else.
These guys are imploding beautifully.

By the way.
I have Golds for tonight. :P
It will either be an incredible night or a VERY disappointing one. The last time I saw the Leafs play the Bruins live, we got blown out 6-0.
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 12:18 PM Wrote:I need to be honest here.

By the way.
It will either be an incredible night or a VERY disappointing one. The last time I saw the Leafs play the Bruins live, we got blown out 6-0.
[right][snapback]260577[/snapback][/right]

who'd you sleep with to get those tix? :P I'm jealous...
El Presedanté!
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 01:37 PM Wrote:El Presedanté!
[right][snapback]260596[/snapback][/right]

Lucky stiff... Unlike the rest of us who use every trick in the book to try and get tickets (My latest attempt is The Fan 590's "Stamkos Sweepstakes" Draw for April 1 tickets against Buffalo at the ACC :P)

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Mar 25 2008, 11:18 AM Wrote:I need to be honest here.

By the way.

Well you had pretty close to deja-vu last night!

Not that I can gloat, we got beat like bitches last night too :(

Wondering if the Leafs/Sabres captains are going over the rosters now to make some foursomes for golf

Spoken like a true Leafs fan.... :lol:
SVT ZX3,Mar 26 2008, 08:27 AM Wrote:

Spoken like a true Leafs fan.... :lol:
[right][snapback]260633[/snapback][/right]

If you had ANY idea what it is like to root for a team who continues to lose....and badly, you'd begin to see why I get great pleasure in this.
MEGA :1repost:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22