FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
oldeguy,Oct 24 2007, 02:19 PM Wrote:I just read that the Leafs have called up Kronwall, because McCabe "might" have an injury, ( brain spasms? ) and also have called up Tlusty. Tlusty will play against the penguins. The Leafs, or should I say Laffs, need people to stop goals, not score them.
[right][snapback]251638[/snapback][/right]
So I read that, and then I read this on TSN:
Quote:The Leafs won't know the exact makeup of their defence corps until after the morning skate in Pittsburgh. Bryan McCabe has a "slight strain" of an undisclosed body part and will probably play but, if he sits, the Leafs will have enough bodies to compensate.
WTF does "undisclosed body part" mean?

He hurt his pee-pee? Doubt its a brain spasm, as you need a brain to have a spasm.
ANTHONYD,Oct 24 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:It;s time for the Axe to fall.

this is brutal.

When Mats says he's concerned....things need to change.

Disgusting.
[right][snapback]251650[/snapback][/right]

I've been advocating a chop job for years... this team needs a management shakeup equivalent to a earthquake in Japan :ph34r:

Fire Ferguson, get Peddie the hell away from the hockey side of MLSEL and put someone in charge who can tell the Board to go fornicate themselves as long as he stays within the budget for personnel he's given.

This is reminding me of the bad Ballard years <_<

NefCanuck
Because I work in the evenings, as well as the day, I don't get to watch too many games. So, I listened to the Laffs/Penguins game and am suspicious about the results. It sounded like the Laffs won 5-2. Being as it was radio I was listening to, I would appreciate it if someone who saw the game on TV, or saw "highlights" on TSN, could verify that it was an actual game between the Leafs and Penguins and not a Hallowe'en joke on the radio. :lol:
no joke... pens played pretty badly..
It was like someone used a Brain transfer device or something and swapped the Pens & the Leafs players...

Leafs played tough disciplined hockey (for the most part) and the Pens kept making defensive miscuse that reminded me of the Buds at their worst so far this season (Gonchar pulled a real boneheaded pass attempt in the Pens zone that Tlusty gobbled up and potted easy as pie)

So it looks like the same pattern as last year, can't play for #$^! at home and on the road look like Stanley Cup contenders... shame they have to play 41 games at home during the regular season :P

NefCanuck
Botton line is.... Heads need to roll.

starting at the top.

I almost hope they don;t make the playoffs again.

Unfortunately.... the win last night probably saved JFJ's head for ANOTHER 5 months. :(

02ztsian

Here's a trade I'd like to see-McCabe and Tucker for Nash. Maurice is a keeper JFJ should go UNLESS he can get Tavares in blue and white.
Tavaras is what???? 17 years old :lol:

02ztsian

Blue and white of the Marlies.
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2007, 09:44 AM Wrote:Botton line is.... Heads need to roll.

starting at the top.

I almost hope they don;t make the playoffs again.

Unfortunately.... the win last night probably saved JFJ's head for ANOTHER 5 months. :(
[right][snapback]251775[/snapback][/right]

Don't count on it man, JFJ is on so much borrowed time, I think the loan sharks are coming to collect real soon now :D

Put a GM in there who can tell the board to fornicate themselves and then make the call: Blow it up and start again? Or ride it out, maybe -shudder- trading Mats & McCabe and getting some pieces back in exchange to work with.

NefCanuck
02ztsian,Oct 26 2007, 10:18 AM Wrote:Here's a trade I'd like to see-McCabe and Tucker for Nash. Maurice is a keeper JFJ should go UNLESS he can get Tavares in blue and white.
[right][snapback]251780[/snapback][/right]

Rick "I injure myself breathing" Nash? :blink:

Dude we already have a player like that? Or have you forgotten Nik "China Doll" Antropov? :lol:

NefCanuck
I must first apologise to all of our members who prefer other teams than the Laffs.

So, the Laffs have been without McCabe and Tucker for two games, and have won two games, against teams that are supposed to be better than the Laffs ( Leafs). So, do we continue to play without them, even when they are healthy, or was it a case of a different style of play.

Just listening to the radio, a Leaf "fan" was complaining about how boring the two games were. Me. a win is always exciting.
oldeguy,Oct 29 2007, 04:33 PM Wrote:So, the Laffs have been without McCabe and Tucker for two games, and have won two games, against teams that are supposed to be better than the Laffs        ( Leafs). So, do we continue to play without them, even when they are healthy, or was it a case of a different style of play.

[right][snapback]251930[/snapback][/right]
I say you dump them for whatever you can get and if you can add Gill into that package !!!
maybe to phoenix or edmonton...IF possible
I think it has more to do with teh different way this team (Leafs thank you :P) plays on the road. On the road there is but one focus, win at all costs, don't take dumb penalties and don't bother with trying to "impress" the paying customers at the "Bay Street Bank Valut"

A trade involving McCabe isn't likely to happen for the simple reason of economics. McCabe would represent such a cap hit that only a few teams could handle it and of those none want what he brings to the table. Tucker is a decent enough role player, but there cheaper ones out there being dangled right now. As for Gill... does the phrase "shaved monkey and a bag of pucks" hold any meaning for you? ;)

Like it or not, this team is the team we've got this year, maybe if Mats retires or moves on :( things will be shaken up with some vigor, but otherwise "SSDD" (Same S#$T Different Day) in Leafs Land.

NefCanuck
Matts is certainly not adding to the team this year as he has in the past.

Shape up or ship him out ASAP.

Like that would ever happen.
meford4u,Oct 29 2007, 04:19 PM Wrote:Matts is certainly not adding to the team this year as he has in the past.

[right][snapback]251943[/snapback][/right]

Dude, given his age and the fact that's essentially playing for his next contract (whether it be for the Blue & White, or someone else) he's doing a damn fine job IMO...

Whether he stays or goes will be his decision and that I think is predicated on whether he feels he needs a change of scenery to win a Cup.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 29 2007, 05:56 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 29 2007, 04:19 PM Wrote:Matts is certainly not adding to the team this year as he has in the past.

[right][snapback]251943[/snapback][/right]

Dude, given his age and the fact that's essentially playing for his next contract (whether it be for the Blue & White, or someone else) he's doing a damn fine job IMO...

Whether he stays or goes will be his decision and that I think is predicated on whether he feels he needs a change of scenery to win a Cup.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]251946[/snapback][/right]

Who cares about his age????
We hired him to be a top notch player who scores goals and leads the team to victory, not to the penalty box as he sees fit lately.
His age has no bearing on a good hockey player or a leader. To me, he has always sucked as a leader and now he sucks as a hockey player.
Dump him.

Oh, and if you want to fight about this further..........

See my signature.

You are right again. f***tard. :D

02ztsian

Well Sundin is second in league scoring, second in plus minus and
Antropov is seventh in scoring, first in plus minus. Your right, these guys suck. Get rid of em both.
Get rid of all of them, put the Hamilton Ice Dogs in the Leafs uniforms
02ztsian,Oct 30 2007, 01:46 AM Wrote:Well Sundin is second in league scoring, second in plus minus and
Antropov is seventh in scoring, first in plus minus. Your right, these guys suck. Get rid of em both.
[right][snapback]251964[/snapback][/right]

You beat me to it!

He's got you there MeFord.

Sorry man.

:lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22