FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Offical NHL THread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
torradan,Oct 19 2007, 07:38 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 19 2007, 07:01 AM Wrote:A rare thing occurred last night in the NHL.........
The Leafs actually won a game :blink:
[right][snapback]251332[/snapback][/right]

Were they playing the timbits hockey team?

just kidding.. they gave us a run for our money the other night (thanks McCabe!)

Did he get booed out of the ACC?
[right][snapback]251334[/snapback][/right]
They spotted Florida two goals in the 1st period and then I guess they decided to play a game. McCabe was given a cheer when he scored on the Florida net.
Leafs managed something this season that they so far hadn't, win a game in regulation after being down two goals.

Gives one hope but that just makes me paranoid with Chicago coming in tommorow night...

Better stock up on the soft throwable objects :P

NefCanuck
Tsn did a story on the Leafs facing backups yesterday..... Craziness....

I was watching my team take down the Panthers but looks like the Leafs game was pretty brutal... When is someone gonna care over there and change things up....

02ztsian

Nice collapse last night; most people weren't in their seats to start the third and it was tied up. Almost tossed the glass at the TV.
Cujo used to win games by himself; neither Raycroft nor Toskala seem capable of stepping up and taking the #1 job. And Tucker is invisible out there, although Antropov is finally playing well- a +10 to lead the league.
And two in the top 10 in scoring although McCabe is a -6. Some good things but gotta keep the puck out of the damn net!!!
Leafs got goddamn lazy last night, thinking that they had the Hawks plucked so they come out at the beginning of the third all "We got it, we got it" and then *bam* smackdown by Chicago....

JFJ's toast by Christmas

NefCanuck
Sadly it won't be JFJ that gets the axe.

It will be Maurice.

Which is a crime because he's the best coach we've had in there in the past 20 years.
:(
ANTHONYD,Oct 22 2007, 08:41 AM Wrote:Sadly it won't be JFJ that gets the axe.

It will be Maurice.

Which is a crime because he's the best coach we've had in there in the past 20 years.
:(
[right][snapback]251478[/snapback][/right]
I think they'll both be gone... Maurice was JFJ's boy, so, they both will go, if the Board finds people who want to work in Toronto. :rolleyes:
I dunno... we keep saying they'll get tossed, but they never get tossed in time.. eventually they'll get their asses kicked, but I don't see it happening soon. The Leafs aren't that kind of hockey club.
I can't see Maurice getting gassed unless they hire a new GM who absolutely loathes the guy.

Maurice gets what he can out of players, hell look at Mats, he's as productive as ever (if not more so, considering his age) and that's because Maurice knows just how far he can push him.

The problem is the rest of the roster is filled with so much dead wood that you could make a goddamn deck out of it :angry: (Hello Hal "Lazy @$$" Gill)

Trust me, JFJ is the one who gets gassed, because Richard Peddie needs to save his own skin at this point methinks.

NefCanuck
Although I didn't watch on Saturday, I have listened to many of the games, ( I work at night too, ) and the Leafs can't keep a lead, which happened last year too.
Personally, I think it's a coaching error, where the players for some reason think they know better than the coach. If this continues, Maurice will go, when JFJ goes.

The Leafs are the type of organization that'll keep things the same until the fans ( the paying ones) either stop buying souveniers(sp), or stop going to games. And we know the ACC will always be full of "fans"
Tucker out indefinately with a leg injury
oldeguy,Oct 22 2007, 11:54 AM Wrote:Tucker out indefinately with a leg injury
[right][snapback]251521[/snapback][/right]

"indefinately" = Broken...

Hello Leafs M.A.S.H. unit <_<

NefCanuck
It;s only Tucker.

He's done dick this year anyway....

Not to mention I'm tired of watching him bodycheck himself.
Wanted: One Hockey Team, to be located in Toronto
I feel so bad for the leaf nation today, I can't even make a snarky comment.

But I do think everyone in the GTA should be issued one of these, and go to town:
[Image: 23518204.jpg]

Ok I don't really feel bad, I was actually laughing when I saw the final score. But I don't want to kick someone while they're down.
Y'know it just looks like the team has absolutely given up playing defensive hockey of any type. Watching them last night I had visions of me playing NHL 2K back in the day on the PC.

I was all about offense and praying to god that my goalie would save my @$$ because I could never switch back to a defensive style fast enough to catch the opposing forwards...

That move the Atlanta goalie made on Mats during the shootout though... it might have been legal, but that could have gone badly for Mats <_<

Every close up of JFJ these days in the press box looks like he's one heartbeat away from going into a chair throwing tirade... hope the cameras catch it when it happens :D

NefCanuck
I just read that the Leafs have called up Kronwall, because McCabe "might" have an injury, ( brain spasms? ) and also have called up Tlusty. Tlusty will play against the penguins. The Leafs, or should I say Laffs, need people to stop goals, not score them.
torradan,Oct 24 2007, 11:18 AM Wrote:I feel so bad for the leaf nation today, I can't even make a snarky comment.

But I do think everyone in the GTA should be issued one of these, and go to town:

Ok I don't really feel bad, I was actually laughing when I saw the final score.  But I don't want to kick someone while they're down.
[right][snapback]251615[/snapback][/right]
We in Leafs nation appreciate your sympathy, but, I'm sure we would kick the Sabres fans when the Sabres fall on their sword. :lol:
It;s time for the Axe to fall.

this is brutal.

When Mats says he's concerned....things need to change.

Disgusting.
oldeguy,Oct 24 2007, 02:22 PM Wrote:
torradan,Oct 24 2007, 11:18 AM Wrote:I feel so bad for the leaf nation today, I can't even make a snarky comment.

Ok I don't really feel bad, I was actually laughing when I saw the final score.  But I don't want to kick someone while they're down.
[right][snapback]251615[/snapback][/right]
We in Leafs nation appreciate your sympathy, but, I'm sure we would kick the Sabres fans when the Sabres fall on their sword. :lol:
[right][snapback]251639[/snapback][/right]

Oh, trust me, I know you guys will be fighting each other to be first in line to give me a ration of s***. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22