FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Tiketz,Jan 12 2010, 06:09 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Jan 12 2010, 04:02 PM Wrote:wow low ballers.....the guys at work and the guy building says i will easily hit 300
[right][snapback]299430[/snapback][/right]

LOL I don't think so not 300whp and probably not motor either....Just remember this good luck with Steeda if your going there lol you will probably need it.
[right][snapback]299432[/snapback][/right]

well see the guy building it ic very confident in me hitting 300 like i said tho 240-300 is fine with me

if you dont like steeda for dyno who woiuld you recommend close to hamilton
drunkinmonkey,Jan 12 2010, 05:41 PM Wrote:lol
car will be
je turbo pistons 9:0:1 compression
eagle rods
full port  and polish 5 angle valve job
stock cams with fidanze cam gears
tial gt3071r triple ball bearing turbo
tial 50mm bov
61# injectors
cutom ramhorn turbo manifold
blitz boost controller
custom bully stage 3 clutch (orderd today)
oem flywheel (recommend by bully)
arp main studs, head studs and flywheel bolts
steeda 65mm throttle body
LSD
running 8-15psi
[right][snapback]299426[/snapback][/right]

Are you kidding me dude how much did you pay for the Bully Clutch Prob 600 +
I have one in my for sale thread and Its barely used for $200 including an extra flywheel.

and Im pretty sure there is no such thing as a 5 angle job.
If you end up going to steeda, just make sure you already have a keene bell boost a pump installed. I see them into all the focus they are tuning, may aswell put it in yourself than get hosed by them to install one.
Yes and stay with your car. Don't let them do anything without you seeing it first and make sure in your own phisical abillity that everything they touch is tip top shape before you leave.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 13 2010, 12:52 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Jan 12 2010, 05:41 PM Wrote:lol
car will be
je turbo pistons 9:0:1 compression
eagle rods
full port  and polish 5 angle valve job
stock cams with fidanze cam gears
tial gt3071r triple ball bearing turbo
tial 50mm bov
61# injectors
cutom ramhorn turbo manifold
blitz boost controller
custom bully stage 3 clutch (orderd today)
oem flywheel (recommend by bully)
arp main studs, head studs and flywheel bolts
steeda 65mm throttle body
LSD
running 8-15psi
[right][snapback]299426[/snapback][/right]

Are you kidding me dude how much did you pay for the Bully Clutch Prob 600 +
I have one in my for sale thread and Its barely used for $200 including an extra flywheel.

and Im pretty sure there is no such thing as a 5 angle job.
[right][snapback]299491[/snapback][/right]

not even close to 600 i paid 507 for it taxes in
do you have the 65mm TB yet?

i have 2 for sale

1 BBK brand new

1 FC used
Damn nice vavle cover too!!!

What did you do paint it?
Ohh well still could of saved you $300 bucks and hes picking up my TB this sunday.
SL8RZZX3,Jan 13 2010, 02:40 PM Wrote:Damn nice vavle cover too!!!

[right][snapback]299501[/snapback][/right]

Looks like Massive Speed Systems Cover.
hardk0re,Jan 13 2010, 01:45 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Jan 13 2010, 02:40 PM Wrote:Damn nice vavle cover too!!!

[right][snapback]299501[/snapback][/right]

Looks like Massive Speed Systems Cover.
[right][snapback]299504[/snapback][/right]

yup its massives trophy valve cover done in victory purple
pic with the cam gears

[Image: IMG_0028.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0029.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0030.jpg]

what is this black thing btw

[Image: IMG_0031.jpg]

and are the cam gears suppost to be this close to the head i think i might file the corners of the head abit it makes me really nervous

[Image: IMG_0032.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0033.jpg]
newb question so i learned the black thing is an oil seperator type thinger lol what is it for do i need it can i remove it??
Should be able to hit 250whp

and you should really start buying parts of members either on here or other focus sites.....thats where you save money on your build
like Drew said you could have saved a good coin on that clutch that he already has for sale......i was gonna buy new 4 point harness for my lapping days and then i saw that he has one for a great deal.....just need to pick it up

the only new parts i bought for my subi were tires, exhaust (should of looked for used but its quit uniq),shift knob,shifter bushings..........the rest i got a very good deal on since one dude was parting out
NikiterZTS,Jan 16 2010, 01:15 PM Wrote:Should be able to hit 250whp

and you should really start buying parts of members either on here or other focus sites.....thats where you save money on your build
like Drew said you could have saved a good coin on that clutch that he already has for sale......i was gonna buy new 4 point harness for my lapping days and then i saw that he has one for a great deal.....just need to pick it up

the only new parts i bought for my subi were tires, exhaust (should of looked for used but its quit uniq),shift knob,shifter bushings..........the rest i got a very good deal on since one dude was parting out
[right][snapback]299677[/snapback][/right]

have paid full price for anything yet well except the valve cover thats it everything else i get for cost from work or b/s/t threads...the clutch isnt ordered yet but i ran out of money so i cant buy his....if its gone its gone if he still has it in a month ill pick it up same with the cams he has

also went manifold shopping today ended up at at a local shop and they said i could get a pacesetter ram style header and chop the stock flange off and weld a turbo flange up...the manifold is like $200 and welding would be free from my cousin

what do you guys think.???
I think $200 for intake manifold is a great price......just have to make sure it's top notch quality
drunkinmonkey,Jan 16 2010, 02:06 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 16 2010, 01:15 PM Wrote:Should be able to hit 250whp

[right][snapback]299677[/snapback][/right]

have paid full price for anything yet well except the valve cover thats it everything else i get for cost from work or b/s/t threads...the clutch isnt ordered yet but i ran out of money so i cant buy his....if its gone its gone if he still has it in a month ill pick it up same with the cams he has

also went manifold shopping today ended up at at a local shop and they said i could get a pacesetter ram style header and chop the stock flange off and weld a turbo flange up...the manifold is like $200 and welding would be free from my cousin

[right][snapback]299680[/snapback][/right]
just gopt back from meeting up with Drew got me a 65mm tb, steeda sts, stock intake mani, and a triple gauge pod....thanks drew

hopefully youll still have the parts i want in a months time lol
drunkinmonkey,Jan 16 2010, 03:06 PM Wrote:also went manifold shopping today ended up at at a local shop and they said i could get a pacesetter ram style header and chop the stock flange off and weld a turbo flange up...the manifold is like $200 and welding would be free from my cousin

If you are going to do that i have a Hedman Header i will sell you for that ($200) and it is ceramic coated from Fireball Coatings

[Image: DSC01062.jpg]

[Image: 004.jpg]
SL8RZZX3,Jan 17 2010, 05:19 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Jan 16 2010, 03:06 PM Wrote:also went manifold shopping today ended up at at a local shop and they said i could get a pacesetter ram style header and chop the stock flange off and weld a turbo flange up...the manifold is like $200 and welding would be free from my cousin

If you are going to do that i have a Hedman Header i will sell you for that ($200) and it is ceramic coated from Fireball Coatings

[Image: DSC01062.jpg]

[Image: 004.jpg]
[right][snapback]299703[/snapback][/right]

are these thick enough to support a turbo...does anyone know id rather go this route if possible then spend like 800 to a grand on headers
from reading the website they claim to have thicker walls obviously this would stand up to the heat and force, no??
drunkinmonkey,Jan 17 2010, 06:44 PM Wrote:from reading the website they claim to have thicker walls obviously this would stand up to the heat and force, no??
[right][snapback]299705[/snapback][/right]

What i found on their website

"Hedman's Standard-duty, Uncoated Hedders are manufactured using 18 gauge, mandrel bent primary tubes (some models built using thicker 16 or 14 gauge tubing), and 1/4 flanges (some models use 3/8" flanges). "

i bought the un-coated and then sent them out to be coated

My suggestion would be to cut the flange off your stock cat and have an adapter made to go in between the header and tubro
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45