FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(05-19-2010, 04:51 AM)fatphocus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah basically but so far we have gotten all husky replacements. Its for all of ontario so I doubt we will be lucky enough to have a petro canada implement 94 which sucks!

I actually saw a Petro Canada with 94 already Im pretty sure it was at Bloor and Keele

and the build is looking good.
the motor is finally in..not running yet but FINALLY.pics to follow tongiht

quick shot here
[Image: IMG_0235.jpg]

if everything goes well on the initial start up and what not i get to bring her home monday Big Grin
damn i love that valve cover

Looks good finally swapped in, minus the oem header lol
lol ya i was planning on paiting it black but oh well its only on for a short time
Nice looks very good....get some poly engine mounts

Let me know whats up with the fuel rail I still have for you
yea my next purchace is poly mounts and hopfully get different loom for the wires to clean them up more....i do still want the fuel rail..i just have been able to get out there for obvious reasons and moneyes tight for obvious reasons...ill take it soon pm me price agian
took a few more pictures today when i was at work for a couple hours

[Image: IMG_0237.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0238.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0239.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0240.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0241.jpg]

so close!!!!!!!
You should of done the poly mounts already, would of only made sence.
ya gives me stuff to do tho lol....btw UPDATE car is running and on the road...rough ride since im not used to the clutch so i need to invest in a neck brace for a few days lmao

didnt get pics today was way to excited to drive it...pics should come tomorrow
how do you no if you have engine knock...im conserned that the motor is knocking but i dunno what to look for..the injectors tick like crazy but i think it might be knocking as well????? is it sumthign to really worry about???will it go away????do i have to pull the motor agian??
(06-01-2010, 12:55 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]ya gives me stuff to do tho lol....btw UPDATE car is running and on the road...rough ride since im not used to the clutch so i need to invest in a neck brace for a few days lmao

didnt get pics today was way to excited to drive it...pics should come tomorrow
how do you no if you have engine knock...im conserned that the motor is knocking but i dunno what to look for..the injectors tick like crazy but i think it might be knocking as well????? is it sumthign to really worry about???will it go away????do i have to pull the motor agian??

we've already talked so do wat i said and see if it helps. You know if you have knock obviously if you hear a knock lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk5A6MFla4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Fet07sZ_E
yea i dont thinkits that loud at all lol both those vehicles are super loud

well just got to work now and the car ran great on the entire way down.. i didnt notice any knocking but who knows when i get home ill get the camera out and take video with sound
alright guys maybe you can help me out car was running great then on the way home from work today i had power then out of now wher ei had zero power....radio turned off gauges zeroed out and the dash lit up like a christmas tree then 2 seconds later i got power back and the car came back to life like nothing happened..it did this twice...got home looked under the hood couldnt see anything out of the ordinary...looked under the car and there was a few oil spots which is a biggie but at the same time is an easy fix of tightning the bolts better or reseating the entire thing....iv also been told the car is running rich cause when i give it gas it gives out black smoke out of the tailpipe and the inside of the pipe is not black and never used to be....any ideas on what my cut out issue may be???

i got a few pictures and a video just waiting for them to load to photobucket
pics

[Image: IMG_0242.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0243.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0244.jpg]

video
[Image: th_MVI_0245.jpg]
Check all your grounds, my old car did this allot. My grounds kept corroding, or the screws would back off causing a short. This is especially important for the ground that is right beside where your catch can is just before the strut tower.

Also make sure you dont have any wires shorting against your EGR tube, as this short could cause the same thing...the MAF wires can do this believe it or not. I basically had to re wire 1/2 my electrical harness in my old car because of this...amazing how these thin wires can heat up and basically melt all the wires around them...
more bad news was driving the car tongiht and it started making this f**ked up noise its hard to explain so ill try and find sumthing that sounds liek it but im way to nervous to drive it now so its parked till i can get it towed to work
Bad noises are no good Sad

banging, grinding, or squealing?
well after watching youtube for the past hour i thinks its an exhaust leak..but not sure
if you watch the video and near thend were i give t gas and you hear the noise it sounds like that all the time now:S i dunno im lost with all these noises and getting paranoid i think
Check your battery terminals and connections like the ground etc for the cutting out problem, As for funny noises you need to get it checked out as for an exhaust leak unless you changed anything you would of heard it before.
(06-02-2010, 11:47 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]more bad news was driving the car tongiht and it started making this f**ked up noise its hard to explain so ill try and find sumthing that sounds liek it but im way to nervous to drive it now so its parked till i can get it towed to work

Sorry to hear about your problems ... but LOL at the lack of filtering - kinda refreshing.

Does the f**ked up noise change with engine speed, or vehicle speed, throttle position - any change in performance ?? Obviously no DTCs otherwise I guess you would have mentioned it.
lol i just noticed the lack of filtering

the noise is an exhaust leak its been confirmed its in trhe shop now fixing all the bugs and what not....more das without the car Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45