FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
found out the solution too 2 of my problems...we replaced the flex pipe thinking it was the flex pipe causing the exhaust leak....thst did nothing then ended up finding out th\at the main power cable to the starter melted up against the EGR causing my car to short out and cut out which also resulted in burning a hole in the EGR causing the exhaust leak....also found out my rear main oil seal is leaking....fix all those and the car will be running flawless...well still dunno why its running rich tho:S
tuning issue?
car is not tuned and wont be tuned till the turbo kit is on...im not overly conserned about it just gotta deal with the smell is all lol...more worried about the shorting and exhaust leak and rear main seal leak..rear main oil leak is not going to be fun Sad
Any updates? whens the turbo going in?
welll have to through money away...car goes in wednesday to fix the rear main seal leak and get a new throughout bearing installed...couldnt wait any longer im putting a litre of oil in the car every other day....just sucks cause i gotta remove the tranny agian when i get an lsd.....turbo should be going on in the fall...next task is supspension cause mine is totallly gone to s**t...and gotta put the lsd in the tranny
whoever built your motor should be footing the bill for the oil leak.....
kinda both our faults i put the motor together but didnt tighten the rear main seal due to the engind
e stand being in the way.and for got to mention...but youd think they would have gone around double checking everything was tight...so really i guess its my fault
(06-13-2010, 12:41 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]kinda both our faults i put the motor together but didnt tighten the rear main seal due to the engind
e stand being in the way.and for got to mention...but youd think they would have gone around double checking everything was tight...so really i guess its my fault

If you haven't told the builder that yet then he can pay. Yes, they should re-check everything.
luck is claerly not on my side lately...for the 3rd time in 2 weeks i have had 3 flat tires all on one tire WTFFFFFFFFF.... luckily the first 2 times i got the flat i was near work so i could get them to fix it today not so much...noticed it going down well i was washing my car today...so busted out the old good old spare tire to find out its a 4x100 boly pattern WTF!!!!! lukily my mom also has a focus and hers was the right bolt pattern....thats my rant for the day
Sean the leak is all you on this one I think...If the shop put the motor together and only them well its there fault. You and the builder working on it, I don't think that will fly unless he agrees to split the cost...Yes he could have checked everything but he didn't so you just need to get it fixed. Why wouldn't you just do the LSD with the tranny out and same goes for the mounts....Just remember never rush things take your time and do it right, just my 2 cents.
I've got a 4 x 108 Spare for sale actually two take them both for $60 or $40 each.
(06-14-2010, 11:45 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a 4 x 108 Spare for sale actually two take them both for $60 or $40 each.

meh i got my moms spare right now..

btw i have a honda spare for sale never used $25 i just want the thing gone its useless to me 14"
my plan was to wait and get the lsd installed at thesame time but i cant afford the lsd at this point in time and the leak is WAY to bad to keep putting off...car goes in wednesday to fix the leak
well guys with in the last few days its not everyday but my car idles super low and wants to stall and if i dont give it gas it WILL stall...i do have a CEL but it was for an o2 sensor.....any ideas why its doing this???
Is it first downstream o2 then you better get that fixed, and that is probably your issue, I had similar issues over the years attributed to:
- Vac Leak (do you have boost/vac gauge at idle you should see 15-20hg)
- Dirty Maf
- Exhaust leaks before/around o2 sensor
- Faulty o2 sensor
- Early Version Lightweight flywheels. I had a FS lightweight flywheel, even randy couldn't get my car not to stall the drag from the s/c and the lightweight couldn't keep the revs from dropping too fast when it was cold.

Others can maybe add to this list for you.
What size injectors do you have in your car now?....Vac leak or spark plug wires. Did you change your Maf from your stock one?
stock injectors...stock maf. new plugs and wires. and no vac leak
which o2 code are you throwing?
OHH BOY if your Mom finds out and she gets a flat your done. $40 bucks is a good insurance policy expecially with your luck.

(06-15-2010, 02:01 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2010, 11:45 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a 4 x 108 Spare for sale actually two take them both for $60 or $40 each.

meh i got my moms spare right now..

btw i have a honda spare for sale never used $25 i just want the thing gone its useless to me 14"
my plan was to wait and get the lsd installed at thesame time but i cant afford the lsd at this point in time and the leak is WAY to bad to keep putting off...car goes in wednesday to fix the leak
its all good if you have CAA Smile

But still I wouldn't send my mom out driving without a spare...
haha the moms was the one that told me to use hers lmao...im not sure what the code is the car is in the shop getting a new rear main seal and release and slave cylinder replaced
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45