FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fatphocus,Dec 2 2009, 09:59 PM Wrote:thats my heap  :lol:
[right][snapback]297982[/snapback][/right]

great selling feature

"buy my heap"
drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 11:11 PM Wrote:
fatphocus,Dec 2 2009, 09:59 PM Wrote:thats my heap  :lol:
[right][snapback]297982[/snapback][/right]

great selling feature

"buy my heap"
[right][snapback]297983[/snapback][/right]

Nooo, I call everyones car heap. If it costs you money, its a heap! lol
drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 07:42 PM Wrote:turbo it a   garrett gt3071  housing with all Tial internals triple  bearing
[right][snapback]297967[/snapback][/right]

drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 08:35 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 07:25 PM Wrote:That's a big turbo brah
[right][snapback]297970[/snapback][/right]

yes it is lol ....cant wait
[right][snapback]297971[/snapback][/right]

Umm sorry to be a downer but thats not big at all. If anything ill say small to medium. Should be good for 300whp but might stuggle a bit, and as for your description it doesn't really make sence.

What is - housing with all Tial internals triple bearing

Im pretty sure there is no such thing as triple bearing just dual and tial doesn't make turbos. I think you mean the turbo has an internal wastegate like my gt 28 had. Therefore you don't or actully shouldn't have another wastegate on the car.

[Image: garrett-nissan-200sx-s14-s14a-450bhp-turbo~4842023.jpg]

If your turbo looks like that with that extra gold piece thats you have an internal wastegate.
ZX3_2NV,Dec 3 2009, 09:12 AM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 07:42 PM Wrote:turbo it a   garrett gt3071  housing with all Tial internals triple  bearing
[right][snapback]297967[/snapback][/right]

drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 08:35 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 07:25 PM Wrote:That's a big turbo brah
[right][snapback]297970[/snapback][/right]

yes it is lol ....cant wait
[right][snapback]297971[/snapback][/right]

Umm sorry to be a downer but thats not big at all. If anything ill say small to medium. Should be good for 300whp but might stuggle a bit, and as for your description it doesn't really make sence.

What is - housing with all Tial internals triple bearing

Im pretty sure there is no such thing as triple bearing just dual and tial doesn't make turbos. I think you mean the turbo has an internal wastegate like my gt 28 had. Therefore you don't or actully shouldn't have another wastegate on the car.

[Image: garrett-nissan-200sx-s14-s14a-450bhp-turbo~4842023.jpg]

If your turbo looks like that with that extra gold piece thats you have an internal wastegate.
[right][snapback]297993[/snapback][/right]

the turbo makes up t0 460HP and it is a garrett housing with tial bearings
maybe it is this: http://www.tialsport.com/prod_tc_tial_h_3071r.htm

looks like a garret turbo with different options ofcourse, but offered thru tial, you can also option lighter weight housings from tial. thats my best stab at this one...

as for triple ball bearings... who are you trying to impress? LOL

because i got quads bitches

GFXjamie,Dec 3 2009, 11:59 PM Wrote:maybe it is this: http://www.tialsport.com/prod_tc_tial_h_3071r.htm

looks like a garret turbo with different options ofcourse, but offered thru tial, you can also option lighter weight housings from tial. thats my best stab at this one...

as for triple ball bearings... who are you trying to impress? LOL

because i got quads bitches
[right][snapback]298040[/snapback][/right]

BINGO that is it my friend

thanks for the find
Wow you taught me something I didn't know that Tial and Garrett Hooked up Looks interesting prob pretty knew. I really like the V band option That makes life real easy. As for the Turbo it might say its good for 460 but your on the lower end of displacement for the rating but like I said 300 whp should be perfect for that turbo. Honestly If I was to do it all over again I would go with a GT35R Intake with a smaller exhaust like a GT32 and that would be Mint for 400 + with our lil 2.0 Thats if I was to do it all over again lol
Got my rods today

parts are slowly rollin in

rods
[Image: DSC01158.jpg]
[Image: DSC01159.jpg]
[Image: DSC01160.jpg]
[Image: DSC01161.jpg]
[Image: DSC01162.jpg]
[Image: DSC01163.jpg]
[Image: DSC01164.jpg]
[Image: DSC01165.jpg]
quick question is the stock plastic intake manfold up to the task of 300hp or should i go with a stronger material and get one custom made??
Custom intake manifold was next on my wish list. The 2000 plastic one is supposablly the best ford one but a custom one with this style would work best.
[Image: honda_smim.jpg]

Not sure if he will make one for the focus but he is the best in the buisness. Magnus Intake Manifolds

But make sure you do it right cause if you don't this is what it will look like
[Image: Copyofmagnusblown002.jpg]
^^^That sucked balls!!

But then again DSMs break down no matter what :lol:
well i dont wanna spend the money if i dont have to on an intake mani....if i can save the money on that part i will
drunkinmonkey,Dec 7 2009, 09:07 PM Wrote:well i dont wanna spend the money if i dont have to on an intake mani....if i can save the money on that part i will
[right][snapback]298202[/snapback][/right]

I have an early 2000 intake sitting in my garage.
ordered turbo today :D
drunkinmonkey,Dec 17 2009, 06:06 PM Wrote:ordered turbo today :D
[right][snapback]298613[/snapback][/right]

What did you settle with?
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 17 2009, 06:30 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Dec 17 2009, 06:06 PM Wrote:ordered turbo today :D
[right][snapback]298613[/snapback][/right]

What did you settle with?
[right][snapback]298617[/snapback][/right]

got the tial version of the garrett gt3071R

basically it a garret turbo housing with a tial turbine/bearing setup
drunkinmonkey,Dec 17 2009, 07:41 PM Wrote:got the tial version of the  garrett gt3071R

[right][snapback]298619[/snapback][/right]

Good call. Looks like you'll be making some good high end power. Did you upgrade valve springs?
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 17 2009, 10:20 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Dec 17 2009, 07:41 PM Wrote:got the tial version of the  garrett gt3071R

[right][snapback]298619[/snapback][/right]

Good call. Looks like you'll be making some good high end power. Did you upgrade valve springs?
[right][snapback]298635[/snapback][/right]

not yet its on the list of things to do

anybody got recomendation on a good boost controller...what have some you turbo guys used???
I use a Turbosmart manual boost controller. I've heard good things about the Turbosmart Eboost2.
I had the turbosmart dual stage boost controller, two different settings one for street and flip a swith and your ready to go with more PSI at the track or when ever. (Just tune with higher boost)

If your not planning to mess around with the boost setting then the e boost or dual is just a waste of money just get a simple boost T and call it a day.

[Image: Boost%20Tee.jpg]