FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
does anyone no how much it woulu roughly cost to get an LSD installed??
With the tranny already out?
(05-11-2010, 09:31 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]With the tranny already out?

no they would be taking it out
I think Hardcore would know, he had his done
it dependson the shop, usually remove and reinstall of tranny is $300-400 at a shop that only does transmissions. Bench time to install the LSD is about an hour of time. So your looking at about 100-150. Its not as complicated as everybody thinks, crack the tranny remove the old lsd and install the new one. The only thing you need to do is check the tollerances and ensure that you don't need to space it at all. Reseal the tranny with the correct sealant and your done.

IIRC when my LSD was done they just dropped it in, personally if you do go LSD i'd go with Quaife and not a Torsen. I've heard allot of guys blow up their Torsen with high Torque apps. I never had an issue with mine but I was only 170TQ which is next to nothing to what your going to want to be putting down.
(05-11-2010, 11:30 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2010, 09:24 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]beauty!

thank you kind sir

does anybody no where to get vband clamps in canada i need one from turbo to manifold and one for a 3" downpipe

performance improvements has the v bands your looking for
Never seen problems with a Torsen in SVT MTX-75s w/ boosted cars pushing 375tq Undecided

But I know alot of people are picky and some prefer one over the other
Take a look at the "other sites". Theres a few there that failed, a few guys where its failed more than once. I guess its just people with failures post up more than those that have success.....

My car came with an overhauled OBX LSD, if any SVT guys on here want to try their luck....ROFL.
Just looking from the quaife website, the only distributor is in Midland Heights MI just south of Sarnia. Might be worth it for a group buy and have Ken do a pickup. Sadly I'm not sure if I would get in on this as I just blew my mod budget this year.

http://www.motovicity.com/ContactUs.aspx
i may be down for a group buy....ill even talk to the boss at my work and see if he can do a group buy we are direct with them

an another note been in contact with top speed the last few days about a manifold and downpipe with recirculating wastegate...lets just say im not looking forward to the bill Sad
(05-13-2010, 08:54 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]i may be down for a group buy....ill even talk to the boss at my work and see if he can do a group buy we are direct with them

an another note been in contact with top speed the last few days about a manifold and downpipe with recirculating wastegate...lets just say im not looking forward to the bill Sad

lol awwww poor baby Big Grin, you had to realize sometime you wouldnt be able to get everythnig for dirt cheap!! Tongue
(05-13-2010, 10:00 AM)fatphocus Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2010, 08:54 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]i may be down for a group buy....ill even talk to the boss at my work and see if he can do a group buy we are direct with them

lol awwww poor baby Big Grin, you had to realize sometime you wouldnt be able to get everythnig for dirt cheap!! Tongue

lol itll be the only thing i pay full price for now that i think of it lol
(05-11-2010, 11:41 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]it dependson the shop, usually remove and reinstall of tranny is $300-400 at a shop that only does transmissions. Bench time to install the LSD is about an hour of time. So your looking at about 100-150. Its not as complicated as everybody thinks, crack the tranny remove the old lsd and install the new one. The only thing you need to do is check the tollerances and ensure that you don't need to space it at all. Reseal the tranny with the correct sealant and your done.

IIRC when my LSD was done they just dropped it in, personally if you do go LSD i'd go with Quaife and not a Torsen. I've heard allot of guys blow up their Torsen with high Torque apps. I never had an issue with mine but I was only 170TQ which is next to nothing to what your going to want to be putting down.

I'll be doing my Torsen in the next couple of weeks ... and I'm also taking the opportunity to change the fluid. I have no idea what's in there now or how fresh it is; but in any event I'm putting some fresh Ford honey in mine.
mmmmm ford honey.. how much did you pay for a jug if you dont mind
(05-13-2010, 11:05 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmm ford honey.. how much did you pay for a jug if you dont mind

jug? lol....bottles!

Its expensive, I believe around $25/bottle when I put it in my Focus. 2 bottles should be enough as well.
sweet thanks

will normal 87 fuel be good enough for the motor or should i up the octane to 91 or higher???
well without boost, 87 will be fine, when you boost, minimum of 91. i run 94 now in my car just to be on the safe side, plus v-power seems to be cheaper at times depending on the pump lol
(05-17-2010, 01:25 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]well without boost, 87 will be fine, when you boost, minimum of 91. i run 94 now in my car just to be on the safe side, plus v-power seems to be cheaper at times depending on the pump lol

Add water meth to the equation and you can use 87 and boost to your heart's content.

BTW - PetroCanada is now selling Ultra94.
(05-17-2010, 01:51 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2010, 01:25 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]well without boost, 87 will be fine, when you boost, minimum of 91. i run 94 now in my car just to be on the safe side, plus v-power seems to be cheaper at times depending on the pump lol

Add water meth to the equation and you can use 87 and boost to your heart's content.

BTW - PetroCanada is now selling Ultra94.

not all of them..says online only select few will be given ultra94 as well. Sad
well, whichever sunoco stations are converted will still have 94, so are they giving it to a few more select stations too?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45