FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

ill take Pepsi over coca cola anyday
picked up a catch can today
and me ford racing valve springd also came into which interestig are made by eibach....so for thise of you out there looking to get stiffer valve springs go the eibach way youll save about $60 roughly over the "ford racing" ones

drunkinmonkey,Mar 29 2010, 06:18 PM Wrote:ill take Pepsi over coca cola anyday
and me ford racing valve springd also came into which interestig are made by eibach....so for thise of you out there looking to get stiffer valve springs go the eibach way youll save about $60 roughly over the "ford racing" ones
[right][snapback]304118[/snapback][/right]

Eibach, lower your valves.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 29 2010, 06:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]304120[/snapback][/right]

Ya, I think so... but if you bottom out of those you pretty much fawked
Scorcher000,Mar 29 2010, 07:12 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 29 2010, 06:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]304120[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean by "lower your valves"??
Ya, I think so... but if you bottom out of those you pretty much fawked
[right][snapback]304124[/snapback][/right]
LOL You guys don't get anything. Eibach are known for what? Ride control, for example Sportline and Pro-Kit lowering springs. I was making a joke. :rolleyes:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 29 2010, 10:21 PM Wrote:LOL You guys don't get anything.  Eibach are known for what?  Ride control, for example Sportline and Pro-Kit lowering springs.  I was making a joke.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]304130[/snapback][/right]
LMFAO!!! WOOOOOOW i feel like a dumb blonde now lmao...way over my head i was like wtf they lower my valves wont i get float lmao
welp my ARP s*** FINALLY came in..ill be picking them up monday and i can finally get to work butting the bottom end together :D:D:D:D
woooot got my ARP shat today....time to start bolting this biotch up.....THURSDAY DRUNK NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy easter everyone!!!
drunkinmonkey,Apr 2 2010, 12:23 AM Wrote:woooot got my ARP shat today....time to start bolting this biotch up.....THURSDAY DRUNK NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy easter everyone!!!
[right][snapback]304313[/snapback][/right]

you're lost
well today i modded the windage tray to fit over the arp studs and everything lines up nicely

btw is there a certian way to install the main bearings....do they need to be lubricated with anything?? thanks guys..pics to follow once i get an answer on the main bearings

in the mean time heres a few pics

modded tray
[Image: IMG_0089.jpg]

arp stuff
[Image: IMG_0090.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0091.jpg]

ended up using some motor oil for sum lube on the bearings

heres the result
[Image: IMG_0093.jpg]
all bolted down and ready to go.....gonna take it to work in a few days get the pistons installed
block going in tomorroe for the piston install:D:D:D
Look like it will be ready in no time.
16 pages and that's as far as you got?

Stop playing on FC.net and get the job done already.

Then go fast.
little update got the pistons in today....its deff coming along
[Image: IMG_0095.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0096.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0097.jpg]
thought you said you didnt need to modify the tray?? :P

<--- winner! gagnon! :lol:
well got a little ahead oh myself lol put the windage tray on for giggles also got a jay racing block plate and a catch can (not pictured)

[Image: IMG_0100.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0099.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0098.jpg]

welp there you go
just w3aiting on the tax return to get the gaskets and head done to finish the motor off
he guys i got a question
do i HAVE to get a tune for my motor with all the mods thats are gonna be on it?? id rather not get the tine and wait to get the tune when i get the turbo kit installed

will this hurt my motor not getting a tune....not much has changes except for compression....head will be stock cams and zero'd cam gears with high lift springs

thanks for the info guys
are you not planning to install turbo b4 running car? thats a whole lotta extra work for nothing..

also it is better to boost a fresh motor then one with k on it. also, you will want to get a tune b4 this thing even touches a road in 1st gear. boost wil come quick and without a tune say by by to that nice new motor
GFXjamie,Apr 11 2010, 11:39 PM Wrote:are you not planning to install turbo b4 running car? thats a whole lotta extra work for nothing..

also it is better to boost a fresh motor then one with k on it. also, you will want to get a tune b4 this thing even touches a road in 1st gear. boost wil come quick and without a tune say by by to that nice new motor
[right][snapback]304945[/snapback][/right]

I know it's only a supercharger, but I was concerned about driving a boosted car without a proper tune (I need one with the BBK) ... so Pat at Steeda provided me with a "safe" tune that is good enough to get me around without blowing up before I get it in for dyno tuning. It's already loaded into the Xcal and ready to go as soon as the sc is installed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45