FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
hardk0re,Apr 14 2010, 08:41 PM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Apr 14 2010, 09:56 AM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 13 2010, 07:00 AM Wrote:not sure about the tune might get randy or tom to do it

get randy to do it. i strongly advise this. Im running a base tune on 8psi and it still pulls hard. randy knows his s*** and is really good to deal with. dont bother with tom seriously
[right][snapback]305116[/snapback][/right]

I know randy usually refuses to do custom turbo setups remotely...
[right][snapback]305173[/snapback][/right]

ill have to see my options and talk to the ladies dad see what happends not for a while tho anyway....gotta say tho may 19th cant come quick enough lol
does he really? i could of swore he did em :huh:

send him a pm and check. im pretty sure he does custom tunes, he has it listed in his info for tuning and i doubt its only people with FS werks products who use him
fatphocus,Apr 14 2010, 03:38 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 14 2010, 08:04 AM Wrote:ya i dont wanan be driving my car for an hour to pickering for a tune  tho....im just gonna run it with stock injectors until i put the turbo kit on  then tune it then
[right][snapback]305108[/snapback][/right]

didnt you say you had access to a trailer to tow it there? lol
[right][snapback]305159[/snapback][/right]

DaSilva offers pick up with there trailer if your tuning with them....not sure how far they will go to pick it up, but you can call them and ask.
Sean, with all this time, effort and money into ur Focus you better bring it to the track- 1/4 mile AND roadcourse at least once each. lets have some fun :D
fatphocus,Apr 15 2010, 02:31 AM Wrote:Sean, with all this time, effort and money into ur Focus you better bring it to the track- 1/4 mile AND roadcourse at least once each. lets have some fun  :D
[right][snapback]305203[/snapback][/right]

haha well see what happends with that

ill have to call dasilva when its closer to tuning time...thanks for the heads up
Tiketz,Apr 15 2010, 12:31 AM Wrote:
fatphocus,Apr 14 2010, 03:38 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 14 2010, 08:04 AM Wrote:ya i dont wanan be driving my car for an hour to pickering for a tune  tho....im just gonna run it with stock injectors until i put the turbo kit on  then tune it then
[right][snapback]305108[/snapback][/right]

didnt you say you had access to a trailer to tow it there? lol
[right][snapback]305159[/snapback][/right]

DaSilva offers pick up with there trailer if your tuning with them....not sure how far they will go to pick it up, but you can call them and ask.
[right][snapback]305191[/snapback][/right]

They do pick up within 100 km I believe and thats with getting some work done not just tuning. I believe the min is $3g's so alot of guys that are doing superchargers and big jobs use that service but just for tunning it's not worth it for them.
does anyone know where i can get all the tourque specs for the engine??? also do you guys use lock tite on all your bolts?????
drunkinmonkey,Apr 19 2010, 07:56 PM Wrote:does anyone know where i can get all the tourque specs for the engine??? also do you guys use lock tite on all your bolts?????
[right][snapback]305453[/snapback][/right]

Google :lol:
fatphocus,Apr 19 2010, 08:53 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 19 2010, 07:56 PM Wrote:does anyone know where i can get all the tourque specs for the engine??? also do you guys use lock tite on all your bolts?????

[right][snapback]305459[/snapback][/right]

ya that was a dumb idea.......foud the tourque spec or so i thought and i snapped a bolt off in the block for the windage tray

how the hell am i gonna get that out without ruining the threads?????

edit: dad got it out thank god....i measured the bolts and they apear to be like a 2mm to long...could this be from the bolts stretching???

im obviously gonna buy new ones now
drunkinmonkey,Apr 19 2010, 09:52 PM Wrote:
fatphocus,Apr 19 2010, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]305459[/snapback][/right]

ya that was a dumb idea.......foud the tourque spec or so i thought and i snapped a bolt off in the block for the windage tray

how the hell am i gonna get that out without ruining the threads?????

edit: dad got it out thank god....i measured the bolts and they apear to be like a 2mm to long...could this be from the bolts stretching???

im obviously gonna buy new ones now
[right][snapback]305471[/snapback][/right]

could be, ive even heard of arp studs stretching so you have to be careful
They shouldn't be streched already unless you have already torqued them down once before. What brand name are they?
there ford oem bolts but i got replacments.... i found out why they kept snapping.....my dads torque wrench only goes from 30ft/lbs....so i had to buy another one that started at 0ft/lbs

do you guys lock tite all the bolts??? or no need too??

Please spend the extra bucks and buy ARP instead of OEM your cheaping out on some stuff that you shouldn't be cheaping out on. I don't want to see you blow that motor before it even sees boost.
ZX3_2NV,Apr 21 2010, 12:46 PM Wrote:Please spend the extra bucks and buy ARP instead of OEM your cheaping out on some stuff that you shouldn't be cheaping out on. I don't want to see you blow that motor before it even sees boost.
[right][snapback]305561[/snapback][/right]

i already have arp mains and head studs i thought thats all they made

but on a sweet note and my problems with the head needing a bunch of work
its finally complete

here picture of how it looks will all that i can do to it untill the swap on the 19th of may

heres the pictars

enjoy

[Image: IMG_0104.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0105.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0106.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0107.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0108.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0109.jpg]

well there you go for now

i have to give huge props and thanks to you guys that helped with the build thus far and a MASSIVE props to auto serive and supply for the block work and head work and cleaning everythign to make it look brand new

next on the list is the turbo install stay tuned for that :D
looks great good work sean....When do you want to get that fuel rail from me?
Tiketz,Apr 21 2010, 08:56 PM Wrote:looks great good work sean....When do you want to get that fuel rail from me?
[right][snapback]305594[/snapback][/right]

thanks man appreciate it
\ you also have PM
does anyone no where i can get an oil pan gasket???? ford doesnt sell them because they said they use silicone...if i use silicone what one should i get?? id rather try and get a gasket tho

thanks guys

oh and is there a specific size oil filter i need??? is there one better then the other??perhaps some recomendations
drunkinmonkey,Apr 25 2010, 10:02 AM Wrote:does anyone no where i can get an oil pan gasket???? ford doesnt sell them because they said they use silicone...if i use silicone what one should i get?? id rather try and get a gasket tho

thanks guys

oh and is there a specific size oil filter i need??? is there one better then the other??perhaps some recomendations
[right][snapback]305832[/snapback][/right]
Check this out:

RockAuto.com Wrote:FEL-PRO Part # OS30711R  {PermaDry®; Set}
DOHC engine; Loc. Upper; RTV sealant not incl. for Lower oil pan gskt.; molded rubber gskt. incl.

What's the ARP number for the windage tray bolts - I now have a pretty good hookup for ARP products and I wouldn't mind pricing it out for s***s and giggles.
ZTWsquared,Apr 25 2010, 12:37 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 25 2010, 10:02 AM Wrote:does anyone no where i can get an oil pan gasket???? ford doesnt sell them because they said they use silicone...if i use silicone what one should i get?? id rather try and get a gasket tho

thanks guys

[right][snapback]305832[/snapback][/right]
Check this out:

RockAuto.com Wrote:FEL-PRO Part # OS30711R  {PermaDry®; Set}
DOHC engine; Loc. Upper; RTV sealant not incl. for Lower oil pan gskt.; molded rubber gskt. incl.

What's the ARP number for the windage tray bolts - I now have a pretty good hookup for ARP products and I wouldn't mind pricing it out for s***s and giggles.
[right][snapback]305835[/snapback][/right]

i dont have arp windage tray bolts i have stock ones....i didnt know they made arp windage tray bolts
oh and that part number was for the windage tray gasket
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45