FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
drunkinmonkey,Apr 25 2010, 12:53 PM Wrote:oh and that part number was for the windage tray gasket
[right][snapback]305837[/snapback][/right]
My bad ... I thought sparky or someone posted that you should be using ARP for the windage tray

Oh ... go with Ford Motorcraft oil filter - IMO it's the best value for the money. If you give me the thing I mentioned in my PM I've got a couple of Motorcraft oil filters I can "donate" to the cause.
you have pm
so iw ent to DL motorsports today and had a nice long chat with the guy on the build....deff not looking forward to the price but he said if i can do alot of the work myself it would cut down dramitically on the final price....so looks like its time for me to start hacking away at the bumper bar and such and roughly get the cooler mounted ..... im getting more and more excited as the days go by....and after 6 months im still waiting on my turbo...when to the place where i ordered it had a giant yelling match...i got back next wednesday to see if it came(which it better have) or well get into another yelling match agian

what size tubing do you guys usually run??? and why is the maf tube always larger??? im thinkg 2.5" tubing and a 3" maf tube?? does that sound right??
for tubing size it all depends on how much air you plan on flowing through vs openings in intercooler and TB size and turbo outlet size.

there is no sense getting 3" if you have a 2.25" intercooler inlet and outlet. same thing for TB no sense running some huge piping to it if the opening is fairly small.

i suggest measuring your ins and outs and mathcing up some piping to it. reduce your turbulence within the system.

as for your turbo not being in yet, holy crap. that is insane after 6 months! id just say f*** it, cancel the order and buy else where direct from internet. nothing should take that long, i dont care if it has gold plated housings with your name engraved. thats stupid

as for the work, you can likely do 90% or more your self. the question is can you swap the motors? the turbo part is pretty straight forward. like injectors are simple, running the charge piping is straight forward, you just need lots of random parts and pieces to put it all together. mounting turbo and running water lines and oil lines are pretty bang on simple aswell. what i found to be the biggest pain was to route piping in tight areas, drill through bumper rebar and run vaccum lines when u dont know where they go LOL

good luck on the rest of it however!
GFXjamie,Apr 30 2010, 10:15 AM Wrote:for tubing size it all depends on how much air you plan on flowing through vs openings in intercooler and TB size and turbo outlet size.

there is no sense getting 3" if you have a 2.25" intercooler inlet and outlet. same thing for TB no sense running some huge piping to it if the opening is fairly small.

i suggest measuring your ins and outs and mathcing up some piping to it. reduce your turbulence within the system.

as for your turbo not being in yet, holy crap. that is insane after 6 months! id just say f*** it, cancel the order and buy else where direct from internet. nothing should take that long, i dont care if it has gold plated housings with your name engraved. thats stupid

as for the work, you can likely do 90% or more your self. the question is can you swap the motors? the turbo part is pretty straight forward. like injectors are simple, running the charge piping is straight forward, you just need lots of random parts and pieces to put it all together. mounting turbo and running water lines and oil lines are pretty bang on simple aswell. what i found to be the biggest pain was to route piping in tight areas, drill through bumper rebar and run vaccum lines when u dont know where they go LOL

good luck on the rest of it however!
[right][snapback]306143[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the info...the motor swap my work is doing there going if for a good price....as for the tb its a 65mm the intercooler is 2.5" and not sure on turbo since its not here lol .....once the motor is in and i get my turbo and manifold who wants to come help mock it all up for me??? :D:D:D hahaha....beer can be involved;)
what manifold will you be using? i really hope you say top speed mani and not a turbo tom special or SPA.

i mite be down for it when the time comes
GFXjamie,Apr 30 2010, 03:27 PM Wrote:what manifold will you be using? i really hope you say top speed mani and not a turbo tom special or SPA.

i mite be down for it when the time comes
[right][snapback]306150[/snapback][/right]

yes it will be the top seed street manifold...ill be ordering once i get my god damn turbo!!!!!!
why wait? LOL

dont you know what flange end its comming with?
GFXjamie,Apr 30 2010, 07:54 PM Wrote:why wait? LOL

dont you know what flange end its comming with?
[right][snapback]306157[/snapback][/right]

not sure if its a t3 of vband or is its internally or externallly gated... the guys said internally but on such a big turbo i dont wanna take the chance....id rather wait and see when it arrives and i know everything for sure
do not let DL touch your car/engine .
fatphocus,May 1 2010, 02:09 AM Wrote:do not let DL touch your car/engine .
[right][snapback]306173[/snapback][/right]

why not??
drunkinmonkey,May 1 2010, 12:55 PM Wrote:
fatphocus,May 1 2010, 02:09 AM Wrote:do not let DL touch your car/engine .
[right][snapback]306173[/snapback][/right]

why not??
[right][snapback]306186[/snapback][/right]

My SVT was tuned/dyno'd there with the old engine that blew up due to their mistakes in tuning, then my friend with the S/C Maxima who was going there has stopped and even told me not to take my car there...just based off previous work done to cars its all gone to sh!t and caused problems (mechanically) so just be caerful if thats what you choose to do

Mike @ SCM sends all his cars to DL so they would be doing the work...not many people know that but its what happens, but like I said, up to you lol
yea well have to see what happends...found where im gonna get all piping and couplers and clamps from so ill be ordering all that right after the motor goes in
welp if all going to planned and everyone keeps thier word ill FINALLY have my turbo after ordering it december 17th 2009....lets ALL cross our fingers and pray i pick it up monday
well i ran into the guy that ordered my turbo for me today at crappy tire and he told me the turbo is at his shop and i can pick it up tomorrow Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin about god damn time YAY!!!!
at last it has arrived and is safe and sound with meBig Grin i can finally order my top speed manifold and down pipe and get my bov and wastegate ordered up

enjoy

[Image: IMG_0203.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0204.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0205.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0206.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0207.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0208.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0210.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0209.jpg]
beauty!
(05-11-2010, 09:24 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]beauty!

thank you kind sir

does anybody no where to get vband clamps in canada i need one from turbo to manifold and one for a 3" downpipe
Purdy snail...

NefCanuck
Very nice!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45