FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
GFXjamie,Apr 11 2010, 11:39 PM Wrote:are you not planning to install turbo b4 running car? thats a whole lotta extra work for nothing..

also it is better to boost a fresh motor then one with k on it. also, you will want to get a tune b4 this thing even touches a road in 1st gear. boost wil come quick and without a tune say by by to that nice new motor
[right][snapback]304945[/snapback][/right]

see iv been told by many ppl on ff and fj to run the car all motor for about 1000-1500km to break it in...plus my turbo still hasnt come in and its going on 3-4 months now that i ordered it TiAL is taking there sweet ass time with it i guess

so are you saying dont drive the car how it is without a tune??? the car will DEFF get a tune as soon as boost touches it i just dont want to have to pay the 1000 right now for a tune if i dont need it
all depends what all will change. also, get a refund and buy a turbo elsewhere! LOL

why wait soooo long? holy shizzle.

what injectors will you be running? stock? if you have everything stock except compression, you should be fine. honestly tho, for the amount of work youll spend putting exhaust on and intake on and injectors etc.. you mite aswell just do that for turbo and not waste the time. boosting a fresh motor is better aswell. 100% clean. its like picking up an SRT4 off the chrysler lot. also, most of you may not agree with this, but beat the living s*** outta it for the first 1,000 kms. i saw a lot of back up information stating this works better performance wise.

just some words for the wiser

also, a tune wont cost you 1000$ right now. buy an x3 off focus sport, tell randy your mods, he will add a n/a tune onto it for them. then when you grab boost, get rest done.
GFXjamie,Apr 12 2010, 12:05 AM Wrote:all depends what all will change. also, get a refund and buy a turbo elsewhere! LOL

why wait soooo long? holy shizzle.

what injectors will you be running? stock? if you have everything stock except compression, you should be fine. honestly tho, for the amount of work youll spend putting exhaust on and intake on and injectors etc.. you mite aswell just do that for turbo and not waste the time. boosting a fresh motor is better aswell. 100% clean. its like picking up an SRT4 off the chrysler lot. also, most of you may not agree with this, but beat the living s*** outta it for the first 1,000 kms. i saw a lot of back up information stating this works better performance wise.

just some words for the wiser

also, a tune wont cost you 1000$ right now. buy an x3 off focus sport, tell randy your mods, he will add a n/a tune onto it for them. then when you grab boost, get rest done.
[right][snapback]304954[/snapback][/right]
well i have 61lbs injectors as well.....

there is already an exuahst on it which sadly will have to go:( best sounding exhaust i have ever heard and i no Drew can vouche for that ...not sure what size or make to go with yet tho
quick question...how much will i benefit from getting head work done for a turbo setup will it make a worth while difference for the price or should i say screw it and just get it cleaned throught the valve srings on and call it a day??
well after some research and fining out there isnt a need to do head work i decided to ditch that minus high lift valve springs...the motor will be ready to be dropped in next week

gonna arrange a date at my work tomorrow hopefully
Sean you don't need a tune if your running NA...don't install the injectors. Put the motor together and back in the car. You can buy oil at performance improvements that you use for a fresh motor rebuild....500km oil change, 1000km oil change and just plain motor oil not synthetic. Thats my 2cents. Good luck with the build....Where you going to get tuning done?
hes right you use normal oil not synthetic or anything good for the break in and then after you can put in the goodstuff once broken in same thing with my 3L swap was done
Tiketz,Apr 13 2010, 12:21 AM Wrote:Sean you don't need a tune if your running NA...don't install the injectors. Put the motor together and back in the car. You can buy oil at performance improvements that you use for a fresh motor rebuild....500km oil change, 1000km oil change and just plain motor oil not synthetic.  Thats my 2cents. Good luck with the build....Where you going to get tuning done?
[right][snapback]305031[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the info tony....why wouldnt i be able to use the injectors now?? and do you no how many bottles of oil i wll need of this oil??? is there a proper break in method aswell?? normal driving aggresive driving??

not sure about the tune might get randy or tom to do it
Tiketz,Apr 13 2010, 12:21 AM Wrote:Sean you don't need a tune if your running NA...don't install the injectors. Put the motor together and back in the car. You can buy oil at performance improvements that you use for a fresh motor rebuild....500km oil change, 1000km oil change and just plain motor oil not synthetic.  Thats my 2cents. Good luck with the build....Where you going to get tuning done?

thanks for the info tony....why wouldnt i be able to use the injectors now?? and do you no how many bottles of oil i wll need of this oil??? is there a proper break in method aswell?? normal driving aggresive driving??

drunkinmonkey,Apr 13 2010, 07:00 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]305037[/snapback][/right]

i think Focus Zetec takes like 4 bottles.
no aggresive driving
I've got a book marked link on my lap top on what I did Basically no cruising always be accelerating or decellerating for the 1st 1000 km and oil changes at 500-1500-3000km of thick non synrthic oil.
just booked the swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
may 19th she gets a new heart :D:D:D:D

[right][snapback]305038[/snapback][/right]

You will be stalling and running like crap with the injectors installed, the maf can't read the 61lb injectors....so your ecu is not set up for bigger injectors. Why not go to DaSilva for tuning get a safe tune so you can drive the car there.
Tiketz,Apr 14 2010, 01:15 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]305038[/snapback][/right]

You will be stalling and running like crap with the injectors installed, the maf can't read the 61lb injectors....so your ecu is not set up for bigger injectors. Why not go to DaSilva for tuning get a safe tune so you can drive the car there.
[right][snapback]305098[/snapback][/right]

+1 for DaSilvas, but I've already told him to go there a few times lol. 61# seems like alot for injectors but im sure its not too bad overkill
I had 60# injectors in my car, good size allows you to grow your power and not need to buy new injectors.
ya i dont wanan be driving my car for an hour to pickering for a tune tho....im just gonna run it with stock injectors until i put the turbo kit on then tune it then
drunkinmonkey,Apr 13 2010, 07:00 AM Wrote:not sure about the tune might get randy or tom to do it

get randy to do it. i strongly advise this. Im running a base tune on 8psi and it still pulls hard. randy knows his s*** and is really good to deal with. dont bother with tom seriously
drunkinmonkey,Apr 14 2010, 08:04 AM Wrote:ya i dont wanan be driving my car for an hour to pickering for a tune  tho....im just gonna run it with stock injectors until i put the turbo kit on  then tune it then
[right][snapback]305108[/snapback][/right]

didnt you say you had access to a trailer to tow it there? lol
fatphocus,Apr 14 2010, 04:38 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 14 2010, 08:04 AM Wrote:ya i dont wanan be driving my car for an hour to pickering for a tune  tho....im just gonna run it with stock injectors until i put the turbo kit on  then tune it then
[right][snapback]305108[/snapback][/right]

didnt you say you had access to a trailer to tow it there? lol
[right][snapback]305159[/snapback][/right]

i do but i doubt the wifes dad wants to drive all the way out there...wait well its being done then drive it home just in case sumthing goes wrong with the tune....and there no way in hell hed ever let me drive his truck lol
GFXjamie,Apr 14 2010, 09:56 AM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Apr 13 2010, 07:00 AM Wrote:not sure about the tune might get randy or tom to do it

get randy to do it. i strongly advise this. Im running a base tune on 8psi and it still pulls hard. randy knows his s*** and is really good to deal with. dont bother with tom seriously
[right][snapback]305116[/snapback][/right]

I know randy usually refuses to do custom turbo setups remotely...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45