FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Regarding your problem with mounting the intercooler

Here is how low the cooler sat with the stock bumper

[Image: P1010794.jpg]

and this is the best pic I can find right now of the rebar You can see that its missing about two inches in the center.

[Image: P1010866.jpg]

Just mock it up where you think it should go chop the rebar throw the bumper back on and jack up the intercooler to the right spot if it still hangs low cut some more out, Thats your only option.
ZX3_2NV,Mar 25 2010, 07:09 AM Wrote:[Image: P1010866.jpg]

[right][snapback]303836[/snapback][/right]

Such a sad picture. Makes me want to cry..... :(
for those wondering heres my issue with the intercooler and its hitting the bumper bar

[Image: IMG_0084.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0085.jpg]

and yes i know the intercooler is in backwards it was just for fitment....those tabs will be cut off anyways
Looks mean!! :angry:

But isn't the intercooler upside down?
Wouldn't you want the piping sections exposed to get more exposure?
SL8RZZX3,Mar 25 2010, 06:32 PM Wrote:Looks mean!!  :angry:

But isn't the intercooler upside down?
Wouldn't you want the piping sections exposed to get more exposure?
[right][snapback]303866[/snapback][/right]
nope thats the right way...and i agree looke super mean :D
looks like its smiling to me, not mean lol :P
Nawww, turn it over. Mounting flanges to the re-bar, piping exposed. That would make it look mean.
i would go out and test fit it upside down put thanks to the gay PIGS in hamilotn i was forced to put a grill in my bumper so they could see my plate without leaning over to see the plate....god i hate hamilton cops.....so i have no way to test the fit upside down anymore :(
pigs out here must be lax, I always just threw my plate in the window :)
hardk0re,Mar 25 2010, 07:41 PM Wrote:pigs out here must be lax, I always just threw my plate in the window :)
[right][snapback]303873[/snapback][/right]

ya i did that and got an 108$ ticket for the first offence no warning or anything...so after that stupid ticket i mounted the th plate on the coolenat bars for the AC and i got told it was to far back and to fix it imediatly....so gay
drunkinmonkey,Mar 25 2010, 08:43 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Mar 25 2010, 07:41 PM Wrote:pigs out here must be lax, I always just threw my plate in the window :)

ya i did that and got an 108$ ticket for the first offence no warning or anything...so after that stupid ticket i mounted the th plate on the coolenat bars for the AC and i got told it was to far back and to fix it imediatly....so gay
[right][snapback]303874[/snapback][/right]

Pickup a SVT plate mount, that should fit just fine on that bumper.
hardk0re,Mar 25 2010, 07:46 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Mar 25 2010, 08:43 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]303874[/snapback][/right]

Pickup a SVT plate mount, that should fit just fine on that bumper.
[right][snapback]303876[/snapback][/right]

i fixed the problem already and put a grill ein the bumper ang mounted the plate to the grille
fatphocus,Mar 25 2010, 08:18 PM Wrote:looks like its smiling to me, not mean lol  :P
[right][snapback]303869[/snapback][/right]

Yeah kind of buck tooth smile LOL

I think you're either going to have to cut the bumper or the re-bar to make it fit nice. And again i'll say flip it right side up and show some piping :D

and once you have the intercooler in you'll have to move the plate out of the grille opening anyway....
Turning the cooler upside down won't help you need to cut the rebar and move teh cooler up and then it will show the end tanks. Trust me its the only way.
hamilton cops are brutal they dont let anything go. Plates sitting in the window will get you a nice ticket and my buddy had a 03 cobra that got pulled over on a sunday drive with his family because the car was "too loud" for public streets and got nailed for that as well as having his plate in the window lol, brutal.
fatphocus,Mar 26 2010, 11:21 AM Wrote:hamilton cops are brutal they dont let anything go. Plates sitting in the window will get you a nice ticket and my buddy had a 03 cobra that got pulled over on a sunday drive with his family because the car was "too loud" for public streets and got nailed for that as well as having his plate in the window lol, brutal.
[right][snapback]303928[/snapback][/right]

aint that the truth....i wont be able to move the plate off the bumper is has to stay there i dont wanna be screwing into the bumper at all
. the fmic will get enough flow anyways

i hate hamilton cops FML
so iv purchased a jay racing pcv plate and was just wondering some ppls opinions how i should run the tubing for this......some say straight to the intake mani some say atmospheric others say go to a catch can

whats your thoughts???
drunkinmonkey,Mar 28 2010, 10:30 PM Wrote:so iv purchased a jay racing pcv  plate  and was just wondering some ppls opinions how i should run the tubing for this......some say straight to the intake mani some say atmospheric others say go to a catch can

whats your thoughts???
[right][snapback]304078[/snapback][/right]

Just run it to a catch can, since your replacing the stock system that tries to eliminate oil splash from getting sucked up i'd definetly use a catch can.

When I did this on my turbo setup I had a catch can on it, however at the time I did not have anything as gracefull as a jay racing pcv plate :)

hardk0re,Mar 28 2010, 09:59 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Mar 28 2010, 10:30 PM Wrote:so iv purchased a jay racing pcv  plate  and was just wondering some ppls opinions how i should run the tubing for this......some say straight to the intake mani some say atmospheric others say go to a catch can

whats your thoughts???

Just run it to a catch can, since your replacing the stock system that tries to eliminate oil splash from getting sucked up i'd definetly use a catch can.

When I did this on my turbo setup I had a catch can on it, however at the time I did not have anything as gracefull as a jay racing pcv plate :)
[right][snapback]304079[/snapback][/right]

is there a certian catch can style better then others????iv seen 2 types one with and one without a filter o the top....does it make a difference??

any links to a good catch can??
drunkinmonkey,Mar 29 2010, 12:29 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Mar 28 2010, 09:59 PM Wrote:

whats your thoughts???

[right][snapback]304079[/snapback][/right]

is there a certian catch can style better then others????iv seen 2 types one with and one without a filter o the top....does it make a difference??

any links to a good catch can??
[right][snapback]304086[/snapback][/right]

Can of pepsi :P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45