FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fatphocus,Nov 15 2009, 03:07 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Nov 15 2009, 02:10 PM Wrote:hey guys iv been looking at some clutches and such  and just wanted to get some of yours guys opinions

i need sumthing that can handle around the 300hp range
reputable
faily inexpensive
and  is soft to the push and in the engagment,  where i dont have to through my entire body weight into it for it to engage 
the car will be a DD
[right][snapback]297357[/snapback][/right]

any stage 2+ will do this, but goodluck on finding something that has a stock pedal feel :lol: not gonna happen
[right][snapback]297358[/snapback][/right]

ya thats why im leaning towards clutch masters they have a soft pedal up to stage 3 anybody heard any good or bad from clutchmaster
drunkinmonkey,Nov 15 2009, 04:29 PM Wrote:
fatphocus,Nov 15 2009, 03:07 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Nov 15 2009, 02:10 PM Wrote:hey guys iv been looking at some clutches and such  and just wanted to get some of yours guys opinions

i need sumthing that can handle around the 300hp range
reputable
faily inexpensive
and  is soft to the push and in the engagment,  where i dont have to through my entire body weight into it for it to engage 
the car will be a DD
[right][snapback]297357[/snapback][/right]

any stage 2+ will do this, but goodluck on finding something that has a stock pedal feel :lol: not gonna happen
[right][snapback]297358[/snapback][/right]

ya thats why im leaning towards clutch masters they have a soft pedal up to stage 3 anybody heard any good or bad from clutchmaster
[right][snapback]297360[/snapback][/right]

it can say soft all it wants its impossible lol :P honestly man go with a stage 2+ brand name clutch so u wont be dissapointed
My Spec stage 3 was as soft if not softer than stock.
I would suggest Spec or Bully Stage 2-3. Even exedy but there pretty pricey.
hardk0re,Nov 16 2009, 07:08 AM Wrote:My Spec stage 3 was as soft if not softer than stock.
[right][snapback]297371[/snapback][/right]

weird, my buddy has a stage 2 in his Civic and its tough. Feels like a stock Mustang GT clutch which compared to my Focus, my clutch is like a baby haha :lol:
does anybody have any suggestions on what rod bearings i should look into and what sizes??
fatphocus,Nov 16 2009, 08:46 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Nov 16 2009, 07:08 AM Wrote:My Spec stage 3 was as soft if not softer than stock.

weird, my buddy has a stage 2 in his Civic and its tough. Feels like a stock Mustang GT clutch which compared to my Focus, my clutch is like a baby haha :lol:
[right][snapback]297406[/snapback][/right]

wouldn't it feel different in differnt makes of cars? :huh:
well i got sick and tired of waitinf for my OWN work to get off there ass and order my parts so i went to another shop and they matched all the prices i was gettingmy parts for from my shop...so i lucked out there..order my rods today will be here next week...hopefully i can keep this thread going
NikiterZTS,Nov 24 2009, 10:22 AM Wrote:
fatphocus,Nov 16 2009, 08:46 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]297406[/snapback][/right]

wouldn't it feel different in differnt makes of cars? :huh:
[right][snapback]297680[/snapback][/right]

yeah of course haha, i didntn mean to compare the mustang to my car, just saying i felt a stage 2 in a civic and in a focus and they felt similar and figured more people have probably felt a stock mustang clutch rather than a stage 2 aftermarket :lol:
got a little update

eagle rods come tomorrow will post pics of those when i get them home

also been talkign to a guy at a locel performance shop for a few weeks and getting me a bitchin deal on a turrbo setup

already ordered the FMIC
waste gate and bov will be Tial
turbo it a garrett gt3071 housing with all Tial internals triple bearing
all has been put on order

cant wait to get it all, after xmas it will all be arriving

so small update there... will keep the updates coming
That's a big turbo brah
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 07:25 PM Wrote:That's a big turbo brah
[right][snapback]297970[/snapback][/right]

yes it is lol ....cant wait
Get the door painted yet? :P
drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 07:35 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]297971[/snapback][/right]

I don't remember but did you order LSD?

oh and Heeellllooo tourque steer
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 08:13 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Dec 2 2009, 07:35 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]297971[/snapback][/right]

I don't remember but did you order LSD?

oh and Heeellllooo tourque steer
[right][snapback]297974[/snapback][/right]

LSD is coming in the new year.....lol the turbo will be at low boost to put me around 280-300hp range

im doing things in steps motor/turbo stuff THEN the tranny stuff will come

almost forgot i gut the prothane total kit that needs to be installed aswell
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 2 2009, 07:58 PM Wrote:Get the door painted yet?  :P
[right][snapback]297972[/snapback][/right]

lmao not yet still gotta get the rear bumper before paint and not to sure if im gonna keep the side skirts or get different ones....most likely different ones but not to sure about that yet
A smarter idea would be to build your car first to be able to handle all these power that you won't be able to put down to the wheels.
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 08:38 PM Wrote:A smarter idea would be to build your car first to be able to handle all these power that you won't be able to put down to the wheels.
[right][snapback]297977[/snapback][/right]

either way the car wont be done till everything is done and done correctly and safe regardless of the order....everything has been taking into account for the power im looking to get...first thing on my mind for this car is safety weather i want 200 or 300hp
NikiterZTS,Dec 2 2009, 10:17 PM Wrote:Offtopic:

http://www.gtan.ca/gallery//showimage.php?i=5717&c=66

http://www.gtan.ca/gallery//showimage.ph...6&catid=66
[right][snapback]297981[/snapback][/right]

thats my heap :lol: