FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
ANTHONYD,Nov 12 2006, 08:20 AM Wrote:Motreal who?

The Leafs are scaring me.
[right][snapback]215618[/snapback][/right]

No kidding, the more they get beat up the better they play... we should form a hit squad to make sure they never get 100% healthy :ph34r: :P

I'm just a tad worried now that thanks to the stupid scheduling they'll be rusty by Thursday... I mean it is only the Bruins after all but still <_<

NefCanuck
Oh how things have changed....

Boy the Leafs are slumping.

It used to be the Bruins who couldn't finish a game.

I think it's time to blow this team appart. I was physically upset lastnight after watching them blow another game.

However, for some reason, I still stand behind Maurice.
meford4u,Nov 12 2006, 02:51 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Nov 11 2006, 04:26 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 11 2006, 06:59 AM Wrote:I still theink the Leafs are showcasing Antropov for a trade.

They're giving the loser WAY too much icetime.
[right][snapback]215529[/snapback][/right]
So many losers, so little ice time.

:ph34r:

:lol:
[right][snapback]215562[/snapback][/right]

Your team, the Red Fairies, and our team, the beloved Leafs, have the same point total to date (23)
So who's the actual loser you speak of?
Is it Flo? :lol:
[right][snapback]215603[/snapback][/right]

The more you post about the leafs, the more Im convinced you know nothing about real hockey.

Just to recap

GP = Games played

Toronto = 30
The red fairies = 28

And the fairies are still ahead by 5 points.

Leafs suck, just incase I didnt get that across yet.

Go habs go!!
The leafs are doing much better on my PSP.

they're currently 35-3-2

but yeah... they sorta blow.

The problem with the leafs is that they're more business than hockey team. The amount of money the team makes is disproportionate to their on-ice success... they seem to have such a safe business plan that it's better for them to field a team picked from the 'old boys club' than field a team that's meant to win.

I think Bryan was referring to The Red Wings.

Who, by the way, are 5 points ahead of the Leafs with the Wings having THREE games in hand.

But who's counting?
darkpuppet,Dec 8 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:The amount of money the team makes is disproportionate to their on-ice success... they seem to have such a safe business plan that it's better for them to field a team picked from the 'old boys club' than field a team that's meant to win.
[right][snapback]219225[/snapback][/right]
It's been that way for decades. But Leaf fans still keep buying.

If only Ford had that kind of blind following, we'd be #1
Flofocus,Dec 8 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 12 2006, 02:51 AM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Nov 11 2006, 04:26 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 11 2006, 06:59 AM Wrote:I still theink the Leafs are showcasing Antropov for a trade.

They're giving the loser WAY too much icetime.
[right][snapback]215529[/snapback][/right]
So many losers, so little ice time.

:ph34r:

[right][snapback]215562[/snapback][/right]

Your team, the Red Fairies, and our team, the beloved Leafs, have the same point total to date (23)
So who's the actual loser you speak of?
Is it Flo? :lol:
[right][snapback]215603[/snapback][/right]

The more you post about the leafs, the more Im convinced you know nothing about real hockey.

Just to recap

GP = Games played

Toronto = 30
The red fairies = 28

And the fairies are still ahead by 5 points.

Leafs suck, just incase I didnt get that across yet.

Go habs go!!
[right][snapback]219221[/snapback][/right]
You rehash something I wrote a month ago? When the Leafs were ahead of the Habs?

I'll bring this up in a month (if it is to squish the Leaf's being ahead of both teams in your face)
Go ahead, maybe you'll come to your senses then.
meford4u,Dec 8 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:I'll bring this up in a  month (if it is to squish the Leaf's being ahead of both teams in your face)
[right][snapback]219233[/snapback][/right]
At this point, the only way I can see the Leafs being ahead of the Wings in anything would be if we were counting the number of golf rounds played by July 1st.

Looking forward to Saturday nights game on CBC (Leafs vs. Wings)..... should be some good ol fashion Leaf stompin'!
I root for them because I enjoy their gameplay (when it's not dismal) and because, well... I was born there!

Besides, Gretz and Gartner retired... so my 2 heroes are out of contention.

Honestly? It's just the "it's a part of me" thing that would get me back to the ACC in a heartbeat. Now, about those ticket prices... :puke:
Wow what a damned good game last night (Buffalo-Montreal). It was probably the best hockey I've seen in a long time. Neither team gave up and just kept on fighting for it. Heck, I would have even been content with Buffalo losing because it was a good game. Still not a fan of the shootout, but it did get me on the edge of my seat.

And I don't know why I read the comments on TSN anymore. Other than for the laugh factor.

This one made me chuckle and almost spew coffee out of my nose this morning:

Quote:I think making a slapshot in a shootout is cheap and should not be allowed. Goalie don't expect it.

1) I thought the "goal" was to put the puck into the back of the net. I didn't know it was a requirement to get right up on top of the goalie to make a shot.
2) Goalies don't expect it? Should Vanek have said "I'm going to make a slapshop, be ready for it!" before he engaged?

9 points ahead, and yet, they still say we suck. At least they're not as whiny as those fans.

And we were down Tallinder, Numminen, Connolly (is he ever coming back?), and I'm sure I forgot someone. Oh and we had Peters on the ice, what a waste. So for his shift we had 4 players and a goon.

Good game Montreal, this is what hockey is all about! I hope we don't see you in the playoffs!
torradan,Dec 10 2006, 08:12 AM Wrote:Good game Montreal, this is what hockey is all about!  I hope we don't see you in the playoffs!
[right][snapback]219398[/snapback][/right]

The "other" game was pretty good, too. Surprised it hasn't been discussed at great length....
I should pop over to NHL.com... we gamed for like 12 hours straight yesterday :blink: I missed all the hockey.

Hmmm Toronto got pummelled... why am I not surprised?

Sorry, but I might be the only one who doesn't like Maurice... he has to go. I haven't liked his style since the first game of the season, and I still don't.
What a brutal game lastnight. The leafs need to get organized, the wings made them look stupid. What a disgrace....you can see the frustration out there. I still love'em.

Go Leafs Go
OAC_Sparky,Dec 10 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:
torradan,Dec 10 2006, 08:12 AM Wrote:Good game Montreal, this is what hockey is all about!  I hope we don't see you in the playoffs!
[right][snapback]219398[/snapback][/right]

The "other" game was pretty good, too. Surprised it hasn't been discussed at great length....
[right][snapback]219399[/snapback][/right]

Sleepy heads :lol:

I didn't get to see any of the Toronto game. I did catch HNIC for Coach's Corner, but that was it. (And I never thought I'd ever see Don Cherry choked up either, but his little bit at the end about those 2 kids was very nice).
Wow.

from 2nd to 10th in 3 weeks.

On the bright side...there's still a lot of hockey left to play.

It's unfortunate, Maurice is gonna take the heat for all this crap and he doesn't deserve it!
I hate huet on brake aways/shootouts.

Miller is the next P. Roy.
Yipes, the Leafs lately have been so lacking in finish that if they were building a car, they'd get as far as putting the framme together, dropping the engine in and calling it a day :blink:

On the bright side I suppose, I'm entertaining those I watch the Leafs games with, as I tend to, er, "curse creatively" as things fall apart ([i]and boy have I been getting in some good practicing at that lately <_< )

Well, I think this slump will only end by Boxing Day (That's the next game on Leafs TV, so far Leafs TV has been a wake up tonic for the team :P )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2006, 11:23 AM Wrote:Yipes, the Leafs lately have been so lacking in finish that if they were building a car, they'd get as far as putting the framme together, dropping the engine in and calling it a day :blink:

On the bright side I suppose, I'm entertaining those I watch the Leafs games with, as I tend to, er, "curse creatively" as things fall apart ([i]and boy have I been getting in some good practicing at that lately <_< )

Well, I think this slump will only end by Boxing Day (That's the next game on Leafs TV, so far Leafs TV has been a wake up tonic for the team :P )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]219550[/snapback][/right]

I cancelled leaf tv last week.

When they asked why, I said because they suck.

I don't need to pay you guys to see that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28