FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
yes, gametime starts up again tonight..
GO SENS !!!
Sean Avery who? What a joke.

What a fun game last night, even though it seemed a little shaky at the beginning

All we needed was a DiPietro break-two-sticks-in-a-row-tantrum to make it complete.
torradan,Apr 26 2007, 11:58 AM Wrote:Sean Avery who?  What a joke.

What a fun game last night, even though it seemed a little shaky at the beginning

All we needed was a DiPietro break-two-sticks-in-a-row-tantrum to make it complete.
[right][snapback]236395[/snapback][/right]

First period I thought the Rangers were playing up to the Sabres level (Or the Sabres were playing down to the Rangers level, take yer pivk)

Second period and the Rangers just rolled over & died as the Sabres ran them over like a freight train repeatedly, by the third watching Jagr question the TV commentator about whether Buffalo's fourth goal was a goal, I got the distinct impression the Rangers were mailing it in by then.

As to Avery... he dug his own grave and jumped in it... repeatedly...

NefCanuck
Golf Leafs Golf! It looks like my hope of a New York New Jersey eastern final will not happen. I'm glad I don't have any Buffalo stations on the satellite
Ottawa 5, New Jersey 4
San Jose 2, Detroit 0
Sens barely pulled that out of their collective asses last night. Doing so well then they did a Sabres move and got sloppy.

Can't believe the one stat I saw on the screen at one point.. 4 goals in 9 shots.
torradan,Apr 27 2007, 10:29 AM Wrote:Sens barely pulled that out of their collective asses last night.  Doing so well then they did a Sabres move and got sloppy.

Can't believe the one stat I saw on the screen at one point.. 4 goals in 9 shots.
[right][snapback]236526[/snapback][/right]

Heh

Watched this game and after the first period was thinking that someone had spiked Broduer's water bottle with a narcotic! That was the only way to explain the second goal where he pulled an "Andrew Raycroft" and went "I got, I got it... I don't got it" <_<

The second period was, I think, Ottawa trying to ratchet back their intensity in order to save themselves for later on in the series, but with New Jersey, that's a fatal mistake for most teams to make and it nearly was for Ottawa.

Assuming that NJ keeps Broduer on a tighter leash, this series is gonna get dragged out for some time, IMO because I don't think Ottawa is going to get a gift like that first period again for the rest of this series.

NefCanuck
ya three goals in a row high glove was pretty intense. I couldnt beleive it.
Well that pretty much sucked last night....can't win a game if you can't get any shots through to the net :(
Wow did we play like garbage tonight. Couldn't skate. Couldn't make a bloody pass. Once again, "Avery who?". Refs not making many calls.

But we still managed to pull off a win.

Go figure. I'll take it.
Anyone watch the Buf./Ranger game tonite?

I picked up on the last 10 minutes. My gawd was that a bad call. That was clearly a goal.

I would be freaking if I really cared about Buffalo. Hockey has become a challenge lately to watch and not fall asleep. Have you seen Detroit play? The only interesting series/team has been Vancouver. And don't get me started about the NJ/Ottawa series. Who cares who wins and loses that series.
meford4u,May 1 2007, 09:18 PM Wrote:Anyone watch the Buf./Ranger game tonite?

I picked up on the last 10 minutes.  My gawd was that a bad call.  That was clearly a goal.

I would be freaking if I really cared about Buffalo.  Hockey has become a challenge lately to watch and not fall asleep.  Have you seen Detroit play?  The only interesting series/team has been Vancouver.  And don't get me started about the NJ/Ottawa series.  Who cares who wins and loses that series.
[right][snapback]237016[/snapback][/right]

I watched the whole Buff/Ranger game. Buffalo kept laying back waiting for the Rangers to screw up even after the Rangers went up by a goal... I expect the best team the Eastern Conference to play smarter than that :rolleyes: but yeah jobbed they got on the last non-goal

Vancouver is fast but Anehiem ain't no group of slugs either.... Detroit is an old team and it shows, they win ugly against a speedy team because they're too slow & old to win *good* as to NJ/Ottawa... wake me when its over... I'll watch, but I can't cheer for either of them :P

NefCanuck
meford4u,May 1 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:Anyone watch the Buf./Ranger game tonite?

I picked up on the last 10 minutes.  My gawd was that a bad call.  That was clearly a goal.

I would be freaking if I really cared about Buffalo.  Hockey has become a challenge lately to watch and not fall asleep.  Have you seen Detroit play?  The only interesting series/team has been Vancouver.  And don't get me started about the NJ/Ottawa series.  Who cares who wins and loses that series.

Of course I watched it! hehe

I was screaming at the tv and freaking out the cats when they called that a no goal. it broke the line.. and disappeared, and there was nothing but white ice after the red line for a good 4-5"...

Buffalo needs to start playing harder and stop getting into these situations.. they seemed pretty flatfoote for the past 3 games. How we won game 2, I have no idea.

At this rate, its going to go 7 games.
meford4u,May 1 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:Have you seen Detroit play?  [right][snapback]237016[/snapback][/right]
NefCanuck,May 1 2007, 10:23 PM Wrote:Detroit is an old team and it shows, they win ugly against a speedy team because they're too slow & old to win *good* [right][snapback]237017[/snapback][/right]

Problem is that you've both been watching the Leafs so long you wouldn't recognise a good hockey team if it jumped up your pant legs and bit your asses. :lol:
meford4u,May 1 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:Who cares who wins and loses that series.

I stopped caring when I found out I was 25982th place in the Futureshop $25,000 hockey pool.
torradan,May 2 2007, 05:53 AM Wrote:

I was screaming at the tv and freaking out the cats when they called that a no goal. it broke the line.. and disappeared, and there was nothing but white ice after the red line for a good 4-5"...

Buffalo needs to start playing harder and stop getting into these situations.. they seemed pretty flatfoote for the past 3 games. How we won game 2, I have no idea.

[right][snapback]237033[/snapback][/right]
Rangers in 7?
oldeguy,May 2 2007, 08:47 AM Wrote:

Rangers in 7?
[right][snapback]237039[/snapback][/right]

I hate you. :)

HELL NO.
torradan,May 2 2007, 09:02 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 2 2007, 08:47 AM Wrote:

Rangers in 7?
[right][snapback]237039[/snapback][/right]

I hate you. :)

HELL NO.
[right][snapback]237042[/snapback][/right]
I'm just jealous. My team, The Toronto Maple Loafs....well, we don't need to say anymore. I'm picking Buffalo to win the Cup.
torradan,May 2 2007, 04:53 AM Wrote:

HRm, I dunno what game you were watching last night, but on a 50" HDTV with an HD signal there was zero white ice between that puck and the goal line on the shots they showed us that I saw.

Buffalo has come out flat against the Rangers two games straight and its cost them big. I know the MSG ice sucks rocks (the pucks absolutely refuse to come off the playing surface after one period of play, giving Lundquist a hell of an edge) but geez... the Sabres are starting to play like... dare I say it... The Maple Leafs... :P

NefCanuck
OAC_Sparky,May 2 2007, 04:56 AM Wrote:
meford4u,May 1 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:Have you seen Detroit play?  [right][snapback]237016[/snapback][/right]
NefCanuck,May 1 2007, 10:23 PM Wrote:Detroit is an old team and it shows, they win ugly against a speedy team because they're too slow & old to win *good* [right][snapback]237017[/snapback][/right]

Problem is that you've both been watching the Leafs so long you wouldn't recognise a good hockey team if it jumped up your pant legs and bit your asses. :lol:
[right][snapback]237035[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, San Jose is a much bigger and stronger team than Detroit....Sure hope the Wings pull out a win tonight.....GO WINGS GO! :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28