FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
dlb,Feb 27 2007, 02:10 PM Wrote:Detroit got Bertuzzi from florida ............. being a Red Wings fan I'm not sure if he'll do anything for the team (he's been hurt most of the yr - bad back).  Didn't cost them much ......... time will tell ?
[right][snapback]228378[/snapback][/right]

WHAAAAA? What's your source? This is the first I've heard of this all day. Late breaking deal????

*edit*

Never mind, just confirmed it myself....Don't know how I feel about this, we'll see what he does (if anything) in the playoffs.
Don't know if I like the trade either. I like to think of the Wings as stand-up guys.

I still don't like Bertuzzi from that dirty hit he made on Moore... :angry:
The blue & white crowd are sorta quiet today... :ph34r:

Sorry, I had to.
torradan,Feb 28 2007, 02:19 PM Wrote:The blue & white crowd are sorta quiet today...  :ph34r:

Sorry, I had to.
[right][snapback]228482[/snapback][/right]

The Buffalo Banana Slugs had their fun. Saturday night and the Slugs are gonna wish they were in snowbank in Buffalo :P

and I'll be live at the ACC to witness the carnage, hope Miller has a good insurance policy, he's gonna NEED it :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 28 2007, 08:51 PM Wrote:
torradan,Feb 28 2007, 02:19 PM Wrote:The blue & white crowd are sorta quiet today...  :ph34r:

Sorry, I had to.

The Buffalo Banana Slugs had their fun. Saturday night and the Slugs are gonna wish they were in snowbank in Buffalo :P

and I'll be live at the ACC to witness the carnage, hope Miller has a good insurance policy, he's gonna NEED it :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]228525[/snapback][/right]
I'll be there as well. However, I believe that the only carnage will be the Leafs. Although I really want to be wrong.

Sorry, I had to.

NefCanuck

Hehe you change your last name to Neil or something? We'll see what happens on Saturday. Hopefully the Leafs decide to show up instead of setting up tee times.

Wife has already given up on the Leafs for the season. And sadly enough, she's now a closet Flyers fan because of the Biron trade.

She even asked me if I wanted to go to Philly for a game! Like I want to go there on PURPOSE.
oldeguy,Feb 28 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:

Sorry, I had to.

NefCanuck
I'll be there as well. However, I believe that the only carnage will be the Leafs. Although I really want to be wrong.
[right][snapback]228560[/snapback][/right]

Really? I'll be there with a group of three others but in case I do run across you, what will you be wearing? :huh: (I'll be in the Sundin jersey and Sundin haircut :lol: ) our seats are vistor end reds IIRC.

NefCanuck
torradan,Mar 1 2007, 06:50 AM Wrote:Hehe you change your last name to Neil or something?  We'll see what happens on Saturday.  Hopefully the Leafs decide to show up instead of setting up tee times.

Wife has already given up on the Leafs for the season.  And sadly enough, she's now a closet Flyers fan because of the Biron trade.

She even asked me if I wanted to go to Philly for a game!  Like I want to go there on PURPOSE.
[right][snapback]228576[/snapback][/right]

Oh I'm sure the Leafs will show up, they're likely to be in a pissy mood to boot, having to play the NJ Sanitation Engineers the night before ;)

A little early to leaping off the bandwagon no? Hope she doesn't break her ankle in the leap off :P

Yeah Philly is not one of my top places I wanna go, to see a hockey game or for any other reason :ph34r:

NefCanuck
For Habs Fans & Leaf Haters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73C0runl3c4...related&search=

This made me giggle :ph34r:

Sorry to hear about Kaberle too. I saw highlights of that, and boy was that a dirty hit. Made the cheap shot Neil put on Drury look like a love tap. Someone is in for a world of hurt the next time they meet up.
torradan,Mar 3 2007, 08:16 AM Wrote:Sorry to hear about Kaberle too.  I saw highlights of that, and boy was that a dirty hit.  Made the cheap shot Neil put on Drury look like a love tap.  Someone is in for a world of hurt the next time they meet up.
[right][snapback]228811[/snapback][/right]

What's really flabbergasting to me is that fact that none of the officals claims to have seen what happened... Is there some new directive from the NHL head office that says once the puck leaves the zone, everything up to and including murder is okay? :blink:

NefCanuck
You kno whow you know it was acheap shot????

Because he made contact.

Normally, you can't catch Kaberle. Hes far too good a skater to get caught.
Dear god that was pathetic... between the Leafs taking the last 40 minutes off and the officials skating around the ice with their white canes again, I'm so glad I was able to have a few beers during that game Saturday at the ACC

NefCAnuck
OMg will the leafs make the playoff this year, or are they going to loose out by 2 points like last year
I'm getting sick of toiling about in mediocrity.

I should just become a Bruins fan and get it over with.
they're 2 games & 2 points behind carolina..so there is still hope for them. If the stars and planets align in just the right way, of course.

Team GP W L OT PTS
8. Carolina 68 33 28 7 73
9. Montreal 68 33 29 6 72
10. Toronto 66 31 26 9 71
I never thought in a million years I would say the following:

I'm glad Tucker is back. :oh god:
For shame!

But, at least they have a player who plays with heart now. As much as I don't like him, I earned a bit of respect for him when he came out from the locker room the other day to give Janssen a piece of his mind, since no one else did.
torradan,Mar 5 2007, 09:54 AM Wrote:For shame!

But, at least they have a player who plays with heart now.  As much as I don't like him, I earned a bit of respect for him when he came out from the locker room the other day to give Janssen a piece of his mind, since no one else did.
[right][snapback]228989[/snapback][/right]

Meh, shooting off your mouth in the "new NHL" is just begging to get fined up the wazoo or worse yet, have the team put under a ref microscope next time they play the team with whom they have an issue <_<

Having said that however, I want Janssen to see a hellacious piece of payback when he steps on the ice at the ACC (March 20 IIRC) maybe a nice elbow to the head as delivered by Belak, or better yet, a McCabe can opener into the boards for that little :censored2:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 5 2007, 12:58 PM Wrote:
torradan,Mar 5 2007, 09:54 AM Wrote:For shame!

But, at least they have a player who plays with heart now.  As much as I don't like him, I earned a bit of respect for him when he came out from the locker room the other day to give Janssen a piece of his mind, since no one else did.
[right][snapback]228989[/snapback][/right]

Meh, shooting off your mouth in the "new NHL" is just begging to get fined up the wazoo or worse yet, have the team put under a ref microscope next time they play the team with whom they have an issue <_<

Having said that however, I want Janssen to see a hellacious piece of payback when he steps on the ice at the ACC (March 20 IIRC) maybe a nice elbow to the head as delivered by Belak, or better yet, a McCabe can opener into the boards for that little :censored2:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]228997[/snapback][/right]

It won't happen.

Ever since McCabe got his golden deal, he's gone soft. (he suck more and more every time I watch him)
And Belak? When was the last time you saw him land a descent check??? Can't remember can you?

The leafs are a bunch of Pansies.

a.
Damn. What a game. Not sure what Lindy said in the locker room, but I'm glad they finally decided to show up and play. I was waiting for some punishment from you guys because I figured we had lost.

I was glad to see Kaberle back on the ice too.

Stafford continues to amaze me.

And I still hate Tucker. :fag:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28