FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
torradan,May 7 2007, 11:22 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 7 2007, 12:17 PM Wrote:
torradan,May 7 2007, 10:49 AM Wrote:I told her also that the majority of players on the American teams are Canadian.. that didn't fly either.
[right][snapback]237617[/snapback][/right]

BZZT! wrong! :lol: In fact American players are down the list of nations represented in the NHL, the majority stil being Canadian (That majority is getting slimmer by the day however)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237618[/snapback][/right]

Isn't that what I said?
[right][snapback]237621[/snapback][/right]

Whoops :ph34r: can you tell I'm reading this stuff on the fly at work? :lol: my apologies :)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 7 2007, 03:24 PM Wrote:Whoops :ph34r:  can you tell I'm reading this stuff on the fly at work? :lol: my apologies :)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237635[/snapback][/right]
You should stop wearing your Maple Leafs reading glasses at work. They stop functioning when the playoffs start.

:ph34r:

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,May 7 2007, 02:42 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 7 2007, 03:24 PM Wrote:Whoops :ph34r:  can you tell I'm reading this stuff on the fly at work? :lol: my apologies :)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237635[/snapback][/right]
You should stop wearing your Maple Leafs reading glasses at work. They stop functioning when the playoffs start.

:ph34r:

:lol:
[right][snapback]237637[/snapback][/right]

Ouch... you're a mean, mean man :( :lol:

So, do the Wings feast on Shark tonight or do we go "do or die Game 7"?

I figure its going seven... meanwhile Anehiem is laughing their a$$ off :P

NefCanuck
We'll find out soon...
:headbang:
Okay, congratulations to all our Red Wings fans.
According to the experts, It'll be an Ottawa/ Anaheim final.
Who are the experts, and is Brett Hull one of them? That guy is a big fat douchenozzle, especially after having to hear his sewer run on Sunday during intermissions of the Sabres game.

But, they're wrong, and Drury & Co will prove that one :)
torradan,May 8 2007, 07:25 AM Wrote:Who are the experts, and is Brett Hull one of them?  That guy is a big fat douchenozzle, especially after having to hear his sewer run on Sunday during intermissions of the Sabres game.

But, they're wrong, and Drury & Co will prove that one :)
[right][snapback]237700[/snapback][/right]
A couple of dudes on Leafs Lunch, one from TSN, one from Hockey Night in Canada. But, I personally, and I'm no expert, (afer all, I am a Leafs fan ), think that Miller is better than Emery, so, LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!!!!
I'm SO relieved that I can watch all of the games on CBC.. because I hate them on NBC & Versus. NBC loves to show the shift times under the banner.. that drives me nuts. Plus douchenozzle Hull will probably be on during the intermissions. I'm sure Cherry will be getting under my skin during intermissions now though because he'll be stroking the Senators the entire time.

I think we'll be in good shape as long as we can shut down Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredsson.

I don't think Emery will be much of a factor in this.. Hes definately no Lundqvist, who I think did an amazing job in the last series.
^^ I'm just impressed that NBC and Fox didn't stick with that "glowing puck" fiasco. :lol:
That glowing puck was an abomination, and whoever thought that was a "good idea" should have just stuck to watching nascar.
Much akin to the yellow line in NFL and the little baloons over the cars in NASCAR. I don't know, I think the American Networks think that Americans are dumb and blind. But, yea, the glowing puck was another dumb idea.
torradan,May 8 2007, 07:23 AM Wrote:I'm SO relieved that I can watch all of the games on CBC.. because I hate them on NBC & Versus.  NBC loves to show the shift times under the banner.. that drives me nuts.  Plus douchenozzle Hull will probably be on during the intermissions....................... [right][snapback]237720[/snapback][/right]

I thought people in Buffalo liked Brett Hull........ :ph34r:

Oh yeah, one more thing...............

GO WINGS!1!!!!!!!1!!!!1
SVT ZX3,May 8 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:I thought people in Buffalo liked Brett Hull........ :ph34r:
[right][snapback]237740[/snapback][/right]

:lol: ...roasted over an open flame maybe, or hast thou forgotten "Kickgate" :rofl:

Brett Hull reminds me of Don Cherry, but without any of his charm :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 8 2007, 09:16 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,May 8 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:I thought people in Buffalo liked Brett Hull........ :ph34r:
[right][snapback]237740[/snapback][/right]

:lol: ...roasted over an open flame maybe, or hast thou forgotten "Kickgate" :rofl:

Brett Hull reminds me of Don Cherry, but without any of his charm :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237743[/snapback][/right]

I remember it quite well and I'm not even a Sabers fan....that EXACTLY why I said that......I'm sure no one in Buffalo will ever forget until the Sabers finally win the cup one day. ;)
well Mr torradan... Looks like we have our plans set in stone this evening. haha... unfortunately for me I have to listen to the first period at work on the radio....
And we still have to watch it on a pro leafs network.. It pains me to watch a full game well after the fact and hear the Leafs mentioned about 18 times... give it a rest already..they're out...
In any case, and back on topic... I still say sens in 6.. Should be a great series though as both teams are probably the best 2 teams to watch as far as playmaking goes..and add in the animosity between them...it should be great...

p.s- Ducks in 5...though I hope the wings do take it, I just dont think it will happen...
*throws down the gauntlet*

ITS ON!

I'll be watching on CBC, so i'll probably have to suffer through some Leaves BS. "Well back in '67 blahblahblah.." And all of the other Sens banter.

Optomistic: Buffalo in 5... Realistically.. Buffalo in 7.

Then we beat the mighty duck f***s in 6.
Buffalo in 6, over the Senators.
Wings in 7, over the Ducks.
Buffalo wings for everyone.

Note to PDW, the radio broadcast on the 640 network, and it's affiliate in london is actually a broadcast of the NHL network. The only mention of the Sad Sacks is on the commercials, "home of the Sad Sacks"
oldeguy,May 10 2007, 04:50 PM Wrote:Buffalo in 6, over the Senators.
Wings in 7, over the Ducks.
Buffalo wings for everyone.

Note to PDW, the radio broadcast on the 640 network, and it's affiliate in london is actually a broadcast of the NHL network. The only mention of the Sad Sacks is on the commercials, "home of the Sad Sacks"
[right][snapback]237958[/snapback][/right]
I usually listen to the team 1200 online from Ottawa... I was referring to CBC and how they always seem to bring up anything Leafs that they can whenever they can...

Even with our injured players I still think we'll take it.
Sabres ability to roll 4 lines and produce points with all of them is a threat no doubt but our team has really stepped up its defensive and physical aspects... I think we're a more complete team this year than people give us credit for....

But no doubt in my mind that the 4 most deserving teams are in the conference finals this year... no luck of the draw Cinderella stories.. just plain and simple the 4 best... Im so pumped I cant even beleive it...

I am thinking every game played, in both divisions -- that the fans will be habitual nail biters by time the series are over. I'll definately be on the edge of my seat most of the time.

I'm definately pumped to get this show on the road!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28