FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
As soon as Shanahan touched the puck for the last shot (potentially) of the shootout... I knew it was over. The guy still has hands.

Tucker and O'Neill both played amazing last night. I think Mats needs a bit more gym time to get that puck up off the ice some more :D

But you know what REALLY killed their game last night? The fact that you can't clear the front of the net anymore. That one goal especially wasn't Raycroft's fault. If the defence were allowed to do their job, that goal would never have happened.

Twas a good game indeed.
Yay Sabres! Little pissed that the ref didn't award I-forget-who a penalty shot when he got hooked on a breakaway. Should be able to tie the NHL record if they don't do something stupid! (10-0) Their next two games are against Montreal & the Islanders.

Only got to watch the last bit of the Leafs game last night. Saw the last bit of the 3rd, OT, and the shootout. Had a funny feeling Shanahan was going to put that into the back of the net too :(

Thank you Time-Warner for not removing the canadian channels from my lineup when you bought Adelphia!

And po' Ken Hitchcock & Bob Clarke. At least Clarke was given the chance to leave gracefully. I don't think the Flyers are going to be able to recover this year though, I'm sure their morale is pretty low, and going to really take something to get it back up.
sabres rule

leafs........soso
ANTHONYD,Oct 22 2006, 08:13 AM Wrote:Sabers won ANOTHER game last night.

ASSHOLE Tucker is off to a WONDERFUL start this year. (a pair lastnight)

Havlat is out for a min. 8 weeks :lol:

Jager is more and more annoying EVERYTIME I see him play,

Not to mention Tucker absolutely creamed him lastnight.
And with the Leafs playing so well....getting points everywhere they play, let me ask you this wuestion....

Where are they going to put Antropov when he decides he's not hurt anymore? :lol: :blink:

Who cares. I say make him equipment boy.
[right][snapback]212880[/snapback][/right]

As I like to say of Tucker: "Tucker is as crazy as a s&^thouse rat, but he's our s&^thouse rat" :lol:

Jagr needs to meet the back end of a bus, face first <_<

Play Antropov only long enough to prove that he's still breathing and then ship him off for a shaved monkey & a bag of pucks... we'd still make out like bandits :D

NefCanuck
torradan,Oct 22 2006, 11:14 AM Wrote:Yay Sabres!  Little pissed that the ref didn't award I-forget-who a penalty shot when he got hooked on a breakaway.  Should be able to tie the NHL record if they don't do something stupid! (10-0)  Their next two games are against Montreal & the Islanders.

Only got to watch the last bit of the Leafs game last night.  Saw the last bit of the 3rd, OT, and the shootout.  Had a funny feeling Shanahan was going to put that into the back of the net too :(

Thank you Time-Warner for not removing the canadian channels from my lineup when you bought Adelphia!

And po' Ken Hitchcock & Bob Clarke.  At least Clarke was given the chance to leave gracefully.  I don't think the Flyers are going to be able to recover this year though, I'm sure their morale is pretty low, and going to really take something to get it back up.
[right][snapback]212902[/snapback][/right]

Geez, the Buffalo Banana Slugs are winning left right & centre & you kvetch about not breaking some stupid record for goals? :blink:

As to the bloodletting in Philly, the only reason Clarke walked through the exit instead of getting punted through it like Hitchcock was because the man has been tied to that team for 21 years, even as poorly as Philly is playing, gassing him this early would have caused the owner too much static, so they negotiated Clarke's graceful departure...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 22 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:Geez, the Buffalo Banana Slugs are winning left right & centre & you kvetch about not breaking some stupid record for goals? :blink:

As to the bloodletting in Philly, the only reason Clarke walked through the exit instead of getting punted through it like Hitchcock was because the man has been tied to that team for 21 years, even as poorly as Philly is playing, gassing him this early would have caused the owner too much static, so they negotiated Clarke's graceful departure...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]212953[/snapback][/right]
I'm not kvetching about anything, just saying. I guess they are called the three blind mice for a reason :) (my mom once got tossed from a soccer game when I was playing in high school for singing that catchy little ditty when the refs decided not to call anything -- for EITHER team.) :)

I figured they gave Clarke the option to resign instead of firing him. Wonder what venture he'll go on now, or if he'll just retire.
meford4u,Oct 22 2006, 12:54 PM Wrote:sabres rule

leafs........soso
[right][snapback]212911[/snapback][/right]

Q: What do the Leafs and the Titanic both have in common?

A: They both look impressive until they hit the ice.

(you can subsititute any hockey team into that joke.. I usually use the Habs)
torradan,Oct 23 2006, 07:39 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 22 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:Geez, the Buffalo Banana Slugs are winning left right & centre & you kvetch about not breaking some stupid record for goals? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]212953[/snapback][/right]
I'm not kvetching about anything, just saying. I guess they are called the three blind mice for a reason :) (my mom once got tossed from a soccer game when I was playing in high school for singing that catchy little ditty when the refs decided not to call anything -- for EITHER team.) :)

I figured they gave Clarke the option to resign instead of firing him. Wonder what venture he'll go on now, or if he'll just retire.
[right][snapback]212987[/snapback][/right]

Heh, ref bashing could be an Olympic sport :P (I remember when the NHL actually issued an edict saying that teams couldn't play things like "Three Blind Mice" at arenas :D)

I really think that Clarke is gonna step back for a while and evaluate things. I can't see him staying retired, but his relationship with the Flyers is toast, burnt toast...

NefCanuck
Dear Habs,

Sorry you couldn't produce after Niinimaa's challenge, which just served to fuel the fire. Thanks for the win. Go have some poutine on us, I hear it's excellent comfort food.

Love,
The Sabres
torradan,Oct 24 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:Dear Habs,

Sorry you couldn't produce after Niinimaa's challenge, which just served to fuel the fire.  Thanks for the win.  Go have some poutine on us, I hear it's excellent comfort food.

Love,
The Sabres
[right][snapback]213165[/snapback][/right]

BWAHAHAHA

Oscar. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 22 2006, 08:13 AM Wrote:Sabers won ANOTHER game last night.

ASSHOLE Tucker is off to a WONDERFUL start this year. (a pair lastnight)

Havlat is out for a min. 8 weeks :lol:

Jager is more and more annoying EVERYTIME I see him play,

Not to mention Tucker absolutely creamed him lastnight.
And with the Leafs playing so well....getting points everywhere they play, let me ask you this wuestion....

Where are they going to put Antropov when he decides he's not hurt anymore? :lol: :blink:

Who cares. I say make him equipment boy.
[right][snapback]212880[/snapback][/right]
Watch how bad the Leafs play when Antropov comes back. Trade him for a bag of pucks
I honestly don;t think they'll play Antropuff.

Why mix up the chemestry.
ANTHONYD,Oct 24 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:I honestly don;t think they'll play Antropuff.

Why mix up the chemestry.
[right][snapback]213182[/snapback][/right]

True enough, the team is playing well enough right now that messing with te lineup is just asking for grief. Having said that however, I think the Leafs could potentially benefit by playing him a few games to showcase him to trade, to get them a defenseman who's actually not a card carrying member of "Injuries 'R Us" :rolleyes:

Bah, gonna miss at least two periods tonight hammering out my condo's budget tonight <_< I wanna see if Martin "Swiss Cheese" Gerber gets the start against the Leafs tonight :lol:

NefCanuck
Go SENS Go
Dear god, this is like watching a car crash (Why I'm in here posting instead of actually watching the Leafs implode like a turbo starved for oil <_< )

NefCanuck
Wow, trampled.

That sucked. <_<
tucker is such a fag...unbeleivable. Goes after who for a fight? Eaves?? Pussy.

Mcgratton and Neil are gonna pummel his white trash ass next game. :D

Sorry you couldn't produce after Niinimaa's challenge, which just served to fuel the fire.  Thanks for the win.  Go have some poutine on us, I hear it's excellent comfort food.

Love,
The Sabres

Enjoy it, you guys will choke eventually.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 24 2006, 11:26 PM Wrote:Wow, trampled.

That sucked. <_<
[right][snapback]213252[/snapback][/right]

About the only good thing outta that turdburger was all the points for my hockey pool :ph34r:

I hope Maurice makes them WALK to Ottawa for Thursdays game <_<

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Oct 25 2006, 10:25 AM Wrote:

Love,
The Sabres

Enjoy it, you guys will choke eventually.
[right][snapback]213295[/snapback][/right]

Trust me, I'm enjoying every minute of it! ;) I know we'll lose, thats a given.

:fluffy:

Just please let our first loss NOT happen November 4th, since I'm going to that game with the wife & in-laws. Shouldn't be a problem though, we're playing the Leafs. :ph34r:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28