FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
SVT ZX3,May 2 2007, 10:53 AM Wrote:But seriously, San Jose is a much bigger and stronger team than Detroit....Sure hope the Wings pull out a win tonight.....GO WINGS GO! :(
[right][snapback]237062[/snapback][/right]
Series tied ... looks like the old guys still have it in them ..... :o
OAC_Sparky,May 3 2007, 12:23 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,May 2 2007, 10:53 AM Wrote:But seriously, San Jose is a much bigger and stronger team than Detroit....Sure hope the Wings pull out a win tonight.....GO WINGS GO! :(
[right][snapback]237191[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but how many more times can they keep pulling wins out of their arses? You can only get so many horseshoes before the odds catch up with you :ph34r:

Just ask NJ... they're looking over the cliff again and this time Brodeur is looking decidely less that heroic :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 3 2007, 10:00 AM Wrote:]Yeah, but how many more times can they keep pulling wins out of their arses?  You can only get so many horseshoes before the odds catch up with you :ph34r:
[right][snapback]237218[/snapback][/right]
Horseshoes do not win you 3 Cups in 10 years.

But a lack of them will get you none in 40. :ninja:

OAC_Sparky,May 3 2007, 10:04 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 3 2007, 10:00 AM Wrote:]Yeah, but how many more times can they keep pulling wins out of their arses?  You can only get so many horseshoes before the odds catch up with you :ph34r:

[right][snapback]237219[/snapback][/right]

*giggle* :ph34r:

Any Chicago fans? The Toronto Maple Leafs are one half of the best organizations in professional sports. Tons of money, but no championships. The fans in Toronto have to do what the Detroit fans did, don't by tickets, that would shake things up.
In some ways a Detroit/ Buffalo final would be a good series.
OAC_Sparky,May 2 2007, 11:23 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]237191[/snapback][/right]

I think I woke up half my builing when the Lang scored with 33 seconds left in the game to tie it! :lol:
torradan,May 3 2007, 10:28 AM Wrote:

*giggle* :ph34r:
[right][snapback]237224[/snapback][/right]
:rolleyes: Rangers in 7
oldeguy,May 3 2007, 10:57 AM Wrote::rolleyes: Rangers in 7
[right][snapback]237230[/snapback][/right]

Stop! You're making the baby jebus cry!

:(
oldeguy,May 3 2007, 10:47 AM Wrote:In some ways a Detroit/ Buffalo final would be a good series.
[right][snapback]237227[/snapback][/right]
Hey, I've got no problem with that.

And although I'd obviously be cheering for the Wings I wouldn't be crushed if Buffalo won. Been to Buffalo games a number of times, especially to see the Wings at both the Aud or the HSBC/MarineMidland/ThisWeeksSponsor Arena. Got good seats without taking out a second mortgage, people were friendly, went to the Anchor Bar and Prohibition. Good times.

Too bad Buffalo and the Wings don't play more often.
torradan,May 3 2007, 11:13 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 3 2007, 10:57 AM Wrote::rolleyes: Rangers in 7
[right][snapback]237230[/snapback][/right]

Stop! You're making the baby jebus cry!

:(
[right][snapback]237235[/snapback][/right]
;)
OAC_Sparky,May 3 2007, 09:04 AM Wrote:

No, Leafs fans just get horses**t dumped on us and like that kid in Oliver Twist we hold up our bowls and go "Please sir, may I have some more?" :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
Ticket prices for Leafs games going up 5%. No more games for me.
Bye bye Canucks....tough break for Luongo, he did everything he could but score to keep them in it.
oldeguy,May 4 2007, 06:19 AM Wrote:Ticket prices for Leafs games going up 5%. No more games for me.
[right][snapback]237355[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Where did you hear this? Christ if its true it shows as much chutzpah as the kid who kills his parents and then begs for mercy at his trial because he's now an orphan! <_< considering that the Leafs have been out of the playoffs for two years and the salary cap in place....

NefCanuck
Sad thing is, they'll still sell out.
OAC_Sparky,May 4 2007, 01:39 PM Wrote:Sad thing is, they'll still sell out.
[right][snapback]237398[/snapback][/right]
I listen to AM640 Leafs Lunch, when I can. It was explained by Bill Waters that the Leafs lost 4 million on Leafs tv and 5 million on the Marlies. Someone has to pay..........you and me. :unsure:
oldeguy,May 4 2007, 12:54 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,May 4 2007, 01:39 PM Wrote:Sad thing is, they'll still sell out.
[right][snapback]237398[/snapback][/right]
I listen to AM640 Leafs Lunch, when I can. It was explained by Bill Waters that the Leafs lost 4 million on Leafs tv and 5 million on the Marlies. Someone has to pay..........you and me. :unsure:
[right][snapback]237401[/snapback][/right]

I'd call BS on those numbers but since MLSEL is a private company, they can give out whatever airy fairy numbers they want and we're stuck with them :rolleyes:

NefCanuck

(and who told those village idiots to move the Marlies here anyways? <_<)
Don't know how they lost 5 million on the marlies.. i figured they were moved to toronto to have another cash cow so that the peasants could maybe afford to see.

If the dumbasses would get rid of their high and mighty leaf tv bullcrap, they'd probably be ok. Or do what the Yankees do with their YES network, and just show it on the normal TV lineup without having to "subscribe" to it.Maybe they'll realize that they lost that money because not many people are going to pay for a channel to watch them lose. Not counting on subscribers to pay for it obviously didn't work, so maybe selling it to whatever cable/satellite companies you have up there may work.

Which, by the way, do you have things like Center Ice like we have down here on Directv? I'm gonna need it when I'm up there.
torradan,May 4 2007, 03:58 PM Wrote:Don't know how they lost 5 million on the marlies.. i figured they were moved to toronto to have another cash cow so that the peasants could maybe afford to see.

If the dumbasses would get rid of their high and mighty leaf tv bullcrap, they'd probably be ok.  Or do what the Yankees do with their YES network, and just show it on the normal TV lineup without having to "subscribe" to it.Maybe they'll realize that they lost that money because not many people are going to pay for a channel to watch them lose.  Not counting on subscribers to pay for it obviously didn't work, so maybe selling it to whatever cable/satellite companies you have up there may work.

Which, by the way, do you have things like Center Ice like we have down here on Directv?  I'm gonna need it when I'm up there.
[right][snapback]237414[/snapback][/right]

The reason they lost $5M on the Marlies is that the Marlies were playing to a bunch of empty seats masquerading as fans <_<

AHL hockey was tried once before in the GTA (Newmarket Saints) and it crashed and burned back then too... People just don't want to pay to see what they perceive as "minor league hockey" in this area (you should see how poorly the junior hockey teams do in Toronto & surrounding areas :ph34r:)

The problem is that they emulated the US teams in taking the broadcasting in house to save $ and keep the revenue from the broadcast rights, but didn't figure on such crappy subscriber numbers. There was in fact a story, several months old now, in one local paper about MLSEL trying to get Leafs TV on Rogers Cable as a "must carry" but I haven't heard any more about that and figured that MLSEL greed scotched that deal.

Yeah we have Center Ice up here. Depending if you're on cable or satillite, you can get it as part of a "Sports Bundle" with Rogers Cable for example that includes:

NHL Centre Ice
MLB Extra Innings
NASCAR Hot Pass
NFL Sunday Ticket
NBA League Pass
OHL Hockey

For $26.95 per month

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 4 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:Yeah we have Center Ice up here.  Depending if you're on cable or satillite, you can get it as part of a "Sports Bundle" with Rogers Cable for example that includes:

NHL Centre Ice
MLB Extra Innings
NASCAR Hot Pass
NFL Sunday Ticket
NBA League Pass
OHL Hockey

For $26.95 per month

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237420[/snapback][/right]
And I would really buy centre ice if we could seperate that package for cheaper prices. i could care less about EVERY other channels in that bundle. I only want NHL...wont happen though
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28