FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Nhl Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
oh yeah leafs lost again, lets see 2-1 going into the third period, oh 4-1, they might do it, oh wait its Toronto........haha you loose 5-4

Nice :lol:
torradan,Mar 23 2007, 09:49 PM Wrote:Damn.  What a game.  Not sure what Lindy said in the locker room, but I'm glad they finally decided to show up and play.  I was waiting for some punishment from you guys because I figured we had lost.

I was glad to see Kaberle back on the ice too.

Stafford continues to amaze me.

And I still hate Tucker.  :fag:
[right][snapback]231778[/snapback][/right]

Christ <_< I've seen the Leafs fall apart before, but that was one of the absolute worst examples of screwing up I've ever had the misfortune to witness :ph34r:

Why the hell Maurice didn't call a time out after the the third goal NVM the fourth one is beyond my tiny brain to understand :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
I believe Mcabe (the 6 million dollar man) was on the ice for all of them.

What a clusterf***.

Watching the leafs makes me want to kick the dog.
and the next night they turn around and smoke the Sabres like a crack pipe...

I knew we should call these clowns the Toronto Schizophrenics :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
I wanna go kick the dog this morning.

Especially after having to suffer through the game with her last night.
How embarassing. I wanted to strangle her last night. :)
Well the leafs did it again. Must feel lucky to get one point at least. 5 games to go, will they make the playoffs.!???? Place your bets, place your bets....
I wanna believe but man, 5 games to go and one point back... they'll have to play out of their minds and hope their opponents crash & burn hardcore :P

Gonna be a rough week or so...

NefCanuck
I think they'll miss it...barely...

it's unfortunate, but a reality of the team they've chosen this year...
They'll lose to Pittsburgh, and Montreal. The Leafs will miss the playoffs on their last game. Ferguson will be gone shortly there afterwards.
this is what happens when you have a team that's a publicly held company. Just good enough to make the shareholders happy, not good enough to actually win a cup.
The eatsern conference standings stress me out.

A lot.
Oh look.

The Red Wings are in a race for first in the conference.

I hope they can do it so they have home ice advantage. :banger:
OAC_Sparky,Mar 30 2007, 11:19 AM Wrote:Oh look.

The Red Wings are in a race for first in the conference.

I hope they can do it so they have home ice advantage. :banger:
[right][snapback]232528[/snapback][/right]

Hellsssssssssssssssss Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NASHVILLE WHO?
Raising this one from the dead, since this doesn't fit into the current discussion:

NO FRASER FOR THE PLAYOFFS! WOOHOO!!!!
torradan,Apr 9 2007, 04:15 PM Wrote:Raising this one from the dead, since this doesn't fit into the current discussion:

NO FRASER FOR THE PLAYOFFS!  WOOHOO!!!!
[right][snapback]233994[/snapback][/right]

...okay wise guy... then where did you dump his body? :lol:

NefCanuck
It wasn't me, honest!

But we are stuck with this asshole though:

[Image: mrmagoo.jpg]
Leafs offer apology to the public

Quote:Forty years without a Stanley Cup.

What more is there to say?

For the Toronto Maple Leafs, however, silence won't suffice.

Although their loyal fans have likely grown tiresome of the same old declarations year after year, the team has nontheless decided to offer a written apology in a local newspaper.

Is it sincere?  Do you accept?  To find out, read the letter posted below.

TO OUR FANS

Thank you for your unwavering support during the 2006-07 season.

We are disappointed that we didn't achieve our primary goal of advancing to the playoffs and completing for the Stanley Cup. It has been an exciting season, with several teams in an unprecedented battle for the few playoff spots.  Your were with us every step of the way.

Leafs fans are the greatest fans in hockey.  We share your disappointment.  However, we accomplished much along the way that puts us in a great position moving forward to pick up those few points in the standings needed to reach that next level.

This season provided exciting win streaks that resulted from outstanding team play in the face of injury and adversity; the further development of our young players; memorable tributes to the Leafs legends Borje Salming, Red Kelly, and Hap Day; and the reunion of the 1967 Stanley Cup Champions.

Preparations for next season are already underway.  We know we will be better next year as so many of our younger players will have gained from the experience.  Every member of our staff will work diligently in the weeks and months ahead to continue to move forward toward the ultimate goal of bringing the Cup back to Toronto.

---The Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club.

Enjoy! *giggle*
torradan,Apr 11 2007, 02:04 PM Wrote:Letter from MLSEL PR flack deleted

Enjoy! *giggle*
[right][snapback]234266[/snapback][/right]

Not above rubbing it in ain't you? <_< :P

May Ted Nolan and his merry band of misfits from Long Island send the Buffalo Banana Slugs to golf course :D

NefCanuck
Nah, I was just sharing with my less fortunate brothers & sisters!

I'm definately getting anxious to get this thing going!
Fire JFJ. Tank Hal Gill. Boot Antropov out on his ass.

That will make me smile and make me a little more patient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28